Gardevoir: Synchronize or Trace

Which ability should Gardevoir have?

Synchronize can make your opponent think twice before using a status move.

Trace depends on the opponent, but could potentially pay off if you copy a good ability.

I could've sworn gardevoir got psycho shift.

Either way, synchronize is better. Gardevoir really can't take advantage of intimidate, it gets 2HKOed anyway, and there are only a few times when trace'll come in handy anyway. (flash fire, electric motor, water/volt absorbs) Trace actually made me lose a match to a slaking once... I don't take my chances anymore.

trace is a heck of alot more fun though, lol. it can definitely be a surprise to the unsuspecting opponent.

Trace is far more superior by a long shot.
When making that kind of claim, you should back it up.

Usually I pick Trace.

Both have their merits. However, Synchronize isn't all that useful when you consider that anything that uses status moves doesn't terribly mind being statused. Yeah, if they're burned, they'll slowly die, but they won't mind the attack drop that much (which is why you use WoW).

Trace only seems "awesome" when you switch it in on Electivire or Vaporeon. Trace usually has more subtle effects. When it comes down to it, yeah you'll be getting 2HKOed by Gyarados still, but at least Gyarados has -1 attack (barring more Dragon Dances lol).

Both have their uses, however people will know which you are using so be aware that synchronise is not going to surprise anyone unless you intentionally absorb status on the switch. Nice switchin for Spore pokes.

I like Trace, but that's just because the only Gardevoir I own has that ability and it looks good on her. It's fun switching her in on Rhyperiors and tracing Solid Rock.

Both have their uses, however people will know which you are using so be aware that synchronise is not going to surprise anyone unless you intentionally absorb status on the switch. Nice switchin for Spore pokes.
I don't think you synchronize Sleep though. Just Burn, Paralysis and Poison. I think I'd go with Trace though. :) No need to explain it as people have already explained it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)