Gen 9 Baton Pass

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I would like to suggest "Status Clause" where if someone uses a stat move they are banned from the tournament ?

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Random Battles in gen 9 have Baton Pass, but only on mons that roll Defensive boosting moves. That way we balance the meta and make it more competitive and favouring the better player. No broken attacks that do +30% damage and therefore are broken.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
If we are banning Baton Pass, I propose we also ban other forms of BP. This would include

-Bullet Punch
-Bulletproof
-Bright Powder
-Bold Purrloin
-BP
-Blind Polecats
-Blingee Pictures
-Banana Panoramas
-Bad Posts
-Bell Peppers
-Benevolent Pachycephalosaurus

I think this is a fairly comprehensive list, although we will probably say we will revisit polecats as a public suspect test later to appease the masses so I don't get 200 posts about how we unreasonably banned what is effectively a fancy weasel

A few posts from members who do not have the social status to post on their own:

Regarding Gen 9 Baton Pass, I have brought the topic up in our council chat and expect to have discussion about it after Christmas 2022. Our primary focus right now is on a successful Super Staff Bros 5. This is absolutely not being ignored and I am well aware that OU may set the tone here. We will be sure to keep an eye on this discussion in the meantime and post our thoughts/conclusions when appropriate. We see you, we hear you, and we are with you.

God bless, everyone.
Per usual, I am speaking on behalf of myself, not the Gen 9 OU council, so please direct all criticism towards me.

We are now at a point where BW PU, Monotype [Dragon], and even AG ADV + Mega Rayquaza have all banned Gen 9 Baton Pass with massive amounts of support internally, but OU did not despite receiving by far the largest and arguably most justified outcry from their players.

As a member of the Gen 9 OU council, I feel it is my duty to make the tier the most competitive for my player base and, with this goal in mind, it is clear to me that this is not how things should be. We should make an effort to reconsider the situation promptly. Now that you've had time to reconsider your decisions, I am hereby declaring a blanket ban on Gen 9 Baton Pass, effective immediately.
Kris and Marty, please implement the above ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)