Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely LOVE the new Pokemon! A mongoose/weasel and a woodpecker! I'm not gonna lie, they seem more like Pokemon that would be in a game based off the north woods or something, not Hawaii, but I don't even care. Defs both gonna be on my team forsure.

The dex entry for Pikipek has both the Male and Female sign on it. Is is possible the dex now shows something to do with gender ratios or shows the different gender appearances in a different way or something?

I already like the new Battle Royale mode, with four players in which everybody is against everybody. I wonder how it will be adapted in Pokémon Showdown... :p

Reactions: JES

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Battle Royal sounds quite cool.

Competitive Pokemon made easier for people with terrible memory-- it shows whether a move is effective, and stat changes too. (You still have to remember their base stats though lol)

Yungoose and Pikipek look cute too.

Hau has Pichu early in game? Where can we get one?

I am definitely excited about the stat modifier screen. And the Battle Royale. And the new mons. And the legendaries. And... screw it, I'm just excited about everything. PRAISE THE MOON

Actually, I wonder if it'll also show the number of turns remaining in Tailwind, Trick Room, Weather, etc. That would be really nice.

Just wait until they reveal RotomDex can tell us the base stats lol
The most we would get is bars showing approximate base stats. GF is desperately trying not to show us the behind-the-scenes numbers.

Darn, I missed the live stream! I thought it was going to be at 9:00 tonight! And there is that woodpecker! And I love how fierce Yungoos looks! Those razor sharp teeth! I hope he's skills in battle are as frightening as his looks!

The music for this game is so nice and serene, which makes the games already a lot better in my opinion.

Rowlet + Pikipek Flying master race.

Other new stuff:

NEW POKEMON GRUBBIN http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/grubbin/

Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

Bug-type with the ability Swarm.

I like how they're trying to make the early route mons actually relevant - Talonflame is probably the best early-route bird, and Diggersby is a solid pokemon for sure. It appears they're trying to keep this up - Skill Link is a good ability, and if Pikipek gets the right moves it could be a pretty good pokemon. Yungoos might also be good depending on what ability it gets. So, that's pretty awesome!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Tapu Koko is really interesting and the name actually reveals a lot. Both Tapu and Koko are words in Maori.

tapu
1.(stative) be sacred, prohibited, restricted, set apart, forbidden, under atua protection - see definition 4 for further explanations.

4.(noun) restriction, prohibition - a supernatural condition. A person, place or thing is dedicated to anatua and is thus removed from the sphere of the profane and put into the sphere of the sacred. It is untouchable, no longer to be put to common use. The violation of tapu would result in retribution, sometimes including the death of the violator and others involved directly or indirectly. Appropriatekarakia and ceremonies could mitigate these effects. Tapu was used as a way to control how people behaved towards each other and the environment, placing restrictions upon society to ensure that society flourished.
kōkō
1. (noun) wind - often with a suffix added to specify what type of wind, e.g. kōkōhau.

1.(noun) tūī, parson bird, Prosthemadera novaeseelandiae - a songbird that imitates other birds' calls and has glossy-black plumage and two white tufts at the throat.
My personal prediction? Each island has a protector representative of Wind / Water / Fire / Earth. Each of these "deities" was sealed away long ago. These four Pokémon represent this regions "trio" (except four...). The "Tapu was used as a way to control how people behaved towards each other and the environment, placing restrictions upon society to ensure that society flourished." part also seems very reminiscent of Zygarde...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)