Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I heard from some people that Drampa might be an evolution of Dunsparce. Given its Normal/Dragon typing (note that Dragon is the secondary typing) and its color scheme, I wouldn't be surprised.
I wouldn't count on Normal being it's primary typing as evidence. The only Pokémon that have Normal as a secondary typing are the Helioptile and Pyroar lines; every other dual-type that happens to be Normal-type has Normal as their primary type - most notoriously, every normal/flying type.

Not sure if means much but Charjabug & Vikavolt parts being shown at lvl28+ with it probably being the evolution of grubbin because of the power plant thing might mean it evolves decently late(for a bug) and follow the scolipede route of having decent BST compared to say the likes of Butterfree.

Not sure if means much but Charjabug & Vikavolt parts being shown at lvl28+ with it probably being the evolution of grubbin because of the power plant thing might mean it evolves decently late(for a bug) and follow the scolipede route of having decent BST compared to say the likes of Butterfree.
I'd very much like that. The regional bird and rodent got to be badass last gen; it's time for the regional bug to have it's chance.
And it looks so badass. Since it's not following previous conventions I'd say it's likely.

I like this guy.
They really do fan art fast now I just know why the 3rd stage Bug electric reminded me of something else...it reminded me of the Seltas and Seltas Queen and its subspecies from Mh, this needs a crossover lol I forgot to say that if Pokebank is ready when Sun and Moon are out we can choose the 3 starters in one game the fact that I only can have 6 pokemon on my party is hitting me more hard everytime a reveal is out xD

It's probably selfish of me, but I love when Pokemon that others automatically deem to be obvious fakes turn out to be real LOL

I had no damn idea what the hell Vikavolt was supposed to be in the images on Serebii/Pokebeach, but now I have a proper look at it, it's pretty cool, especially if it true about it being inspired by a rail gun. I like the new evolution animation. Drampa is pretty cool, but Normal/Dragon? How exactly does one manage to be both completely normal and also a Chinese dragon at the same time? Then again, most mixed normal-type combos seemed weird to me. The first thing I thought of seeing Bruxish (besides sweet jesus I'm going to have nightmares), is that it would probably be voiced by Tim Curry or the guy who voiced Audrey II from the Little Shop of Horrors.

Tapu Koko is pretty damn cool in my opinion, even if I have no clue what the hell it is supposed to be. Reminds me of Persona 3's persona designs.

Overall I like em, but I'm easy to please.

I'd very much like that. The regional bird and rodent got to be badass last gen; it's time for the regional bug to have it's chance.
And it looks so badass. Since it's not following previous conventions I'd say it's likely.
I thought vivillian was decent. Not as fancy as say Huge Power on a mon or as big of an impact that Gale Wings did, but still good for what it is. For being a typical butterfree clone, probably couldn't ask for more than what it got with a good ability to go along with movepool to use with hurricane+sleep powder and a decent boosting move.
Either way, this is the first time been actually excited for a bug Pokemon so hope it doesn't disappoint.

Just glad they haven't forgotten/given up on terrain moves though with the Elec Maker ability. Hope continue to support it even if it's not as good as weather just so can do gimmicky rain+electric terrain thunder things or silly things like that.

Reactions: JES

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Actually I like the new Pikaclone. It's so round and cute... and it's a hedgehog!!
Cutiefly is also very cute, I think.

So, rapidfire question - is Tapu Koko a legendary?

-Unique typing
-It's move may be a signature
-New ability
-Said to be the guardian of Meremere Island

What do you guys think? Legendary, just a powerful Pokémon the same as the likes of Snorlax and Volcarona, or something new altogether?
I had the feeling it would be a legendary. It looks like it could be part of a legendary trio. I wouldn't be surprised if that's true and the other two also have terrain producing moves like that.

- Electric/Fairy (Tapu Koko) is cool looking. Move doesn't look anything like an Electric move which is interesting considering it's SE on Slowbro.
So I had a thought on this. It's more or less certain that there's a guardian Pokemon for each island, so we can expect some thematic similarities between them. Tapu Koko's ability instantly turns the terrain to Electric Terrain and the name of its move according to Serebii is Nature Fury, not a particularly electric-y looking or sounding name. I'm thinking that Nature Fury may be an attack that each of the island guardians have and probably changes type to match the terrain similar to how Nature Power and Secret Power work. The real question now is will each guardian have an ability that changes the terrain?

So, rapidfire question - is Tapu Koko a legendary?

-Unique typing
-It's move may be a signature
-New ability
-Said to be the guardian of Meremere Island

What do you guys think? Legendary, just a powerful Pokémon the same as the likes of Snorlax and Volcarona, or something new altogether?
Isn't Dedenne a Fairy/Electric type too ?

Which would lead us to believe that the other legendaries are grass and fairy, unless they add in multiple new terrain moves.
Maybe we'd get a grass one and another random one (with a new terrain move) and the corresponding ability. The thing with fairy is that this one's already electric/fairy so, unless they pull a tornadus on us, I can't see the other members of the trio being pure fairy.

Now on the OTHER hand, a trio-master pure fairy type with Misty Terrain ability could easily be possible. Maybe that one would be the fourth island's protector.

Well serebii confirms dazzling prevents priority moves from hitting. Not sure if the water/psychic fish itself will be any good, but ability wise it's off to a pretty good start would say.
No revenge kill. lolz

Is Granpa normal/dragon or steel/dragon? If normal, what is the point of that typing? Ghost immunity? yay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)