[Gen5] I bet my team sucks harder than yours!!

An initial look:

An indepth look:

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge

Role: Anti-Lead, Scout

Hi Jump Kick for it's volatile awesomeness. U-Turn to switch out of anything that looks threatening, or if I suspect a Ghost to switch in suspecting a Hi Jump Kick. Fake Out to break sashes and Stone Edge adds coverage, although I very rarely use this move.

Life Orb works great with Regeneration, allowing Kojondo to return on numerous occasions to chip away at the opponents health.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

Role: Wish support / PHazer / Water absorber / General bulk

Boil Over for STAB and Burn hax. Wish/Protect to guarantee recovery. Roar to PHaze. Fairly straight forward strategy.

Leftovers for Leftovers reasons.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Role: Hazard support / General bulk

Spikes and Stealh Rock to irritate the opposition and can help Vaporeon to PHaze Pokemon to death if I get desperate. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are both hard-hitting STAB moves with reasonable coverage. Have been considering dropping Gyro Ball for Leech Seed as I'm growing fond of the dual hazards and I seem to use Gyro Ball less than Power Whip.

Leftovers for blah.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Role: Special Sweeper

If this thing gets going, it destroys. It doesn't live long, but it destroys. Nasty Plot to rocket Special Attack. Thunderbolt for STAB and HP Ice for pseudo BoltBeam coverage (plus it cripples a lot of unsuspecting Gliscor). Focus Blast to punk holes in anything that doesn't resist it (providing it actually hits).

Life Orb because Borutorosu is there for a good time, not a long time.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Role: Revenge Killer / Fire absorber

Quick and powerful. Shadow Ball and Fire Blast are devastating STAB, and Energy Ball and HP Fighting result in pretty awesome coverage. Fairly self explanatory.

Scarf for speed and revenge!!!

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Stun Spore

Role: Priority status and stuff

Initially I added Erufuun to spam priority Stun Spore to help out Kojondo and Borutorosu, but it hasn't really been doing the job. SubSeed to annoy and force switches. Taunt to prevent being Taunted, which would make Erufuun useless. Stun Spore, as mentioned earlier, to spam Paralysis. Very much considering replacing this weird little thing some time very soon.
Leftovers for life.

So that's about it. I had reasonable success with this team initially, but as I began to climb the ladder I began to win far less frequently.
Any assistance that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)