Media General Music Discussion Thread

Lots of good stuff came out last week - new albums from HAIM and Jessie Ware were *really* good, both career highlights for me anyways.

Anybody listen to Freddie Gibbs x Alchemist from earlier this year? Freddie got into a bit of a spat with DJ Akademiks which I think was the final domino for him to get sanctioned by both Complex and Twitch...

Excited for new Cloud Nothings, Westside Gunn, Pop Smoke tomorrow!

surprised nobody seems to really be talking abt new kanye. i thought it was pretty good, all things considered my standards were pretty low and i might just be grateful that its not ye vs. the people 2.0 but it has me cautiously optimistic for god's country

I don't know there is a thread about that. So now, I want post, something very touching about him.

Last month, we lost a great singer/musician, Pau Donés. I want commemorate him with his last gem, a good example of "ode of friendship". Thanks of everything, Pau. I guess you're a big man in more ways than one can be. I'll take your bravery and your smile with me...

"El presente es el tiempo que perdemos pensando en el futuro. El futuro no existe" (Pau Donés)

Last edited:

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
i thought the haim album was boring as shit but the jessie ware album is my AOTY for sure.

go listen!!!
totally agree. I gave the jessie album a listen this morning and I was just wowed by her music. definitely very high up there for me too. hope these thread readers give her some attention:heart:

read my lips was prolly my fav but all of these songs are 7/10 at least imo

Last edited:

This has been my favorite album for quite some time. It really embodies everything I love about both the post rock/math rock genre and just music in general. I honestly wouldn't recommend listening to this album on its own, but rather while you're by yourself on a walk in the forest, driving in a scenic location, or something to that effect (preferably at night, that's when things are the most beautiful imo). The music provides such a beautiful atmosphere that goes well with such locations, and while it's certainly a very good album capable of provoking deep emotions all on its own, the audible experience is best had with a visual experience (partly due to the lack of lyrics). Maybe it's some sort of synesthesia thing I have but I always find music to go well with beautiful places and vice versa, they somehow make eachother more beautiful. Okurimono and other similar Japanese post/math rock albums are fairly obscure, so I'd like to get the word out there in case anyone else feels the same way as I do about this kind of stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)