Gen 3 Generation 3 Ubers Viability Ranking Thread

Jirachi rules. The SpD set is one of the only mons that beats all variants of Lati@s, except Sun HP FIRE i think

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
I think Groudon isnt quite S material as he isnt as overbearing as the other S-Mons. Kyogre, Lati@s as well as Deo-A have ways to overcome all of their counters whereas Groudon struggles versus a bigger group of Mons.

Eggy is overrated and shouldnt be in A. One-dimensional and hard to pull of a sweep. Jirachi should be in A. Gengar needs to be on the list as well as Magneton and Dugtrio. Magneton/Trio can trap most of the Lati@s-counters so that makes them instantly good. Idk about Deo-S/D in A they are good but most of the time youd rather run Deo-A instead and if you try to abuse their qualities (Spiker in both cases) Forry does the same job while still having defensive capabilities.
Metagross, Skarm, TTar deserve to be on this list too as well as Shedinja and Ludicolo.

Anyways while reading this thread i saw Asterat make a okayish looking list that just needs some finetuning so start with that?

I think Groudon isnt quite S material as he isnt as overbearing as the other S-Mons. Kyogre, Lati@s as well as Deo-A have ways to overcome all of their counters whereas Groudon struggles versus a bigger group of Mons.

Eggy is overrated and shouldnt be in A. One-dimensional and hard to pull of a sweep. Jirachi should be in A. Gengar needs to be on the list as well as Magneton and Dugtrio. Magneton/Trio can trap most of the Lati@s-counters so that makes them instantly good. Idk about Deo-S/D in A they are good but most of the time youd rather run Deo-A instead and if you try to abuse their qualities (Spiker in both cases) Forry does the same job while still having defensive capabilities.
Metagross, Skarm, TTar deserve to be on this list too as well as Shedinja and Ludicolo.

Anyways while reading this thread i saw Asterat make a okayish looking list that just needs some finetuning so start with that?
I think Eggy was a mistyping by him, as B is the better (and suggested) placement, But it is not as One-dimensional as you think and can Stall out every pokemon in the tier while in sun (Besides Deoxys-S)

The list is far from completeso thats why not everything i on yet, And it is groudons role as a Sun setter and extreme versatility that makes him S-rank. He is the best physical attacker in the tier and stops just about every physical treath. He is worth the S-rank.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Eggy doesnt really outstall everything.... and to be honest weather based teams are kinda rare in ADV Ubers because most of the abusers cant abuse the weather aswell and lack something. They are good just not very common and kinda gimmicky and ive played a good amount of ADV Ubers. To be honest when building a team i dont even really consider those weather-abusers as threats and theyll be naturally covered as well while you try to keep other Mons in check.

Eggy doesnt really outstall everything.... and to be honest weather based teams are kinda rare in ADV Ubers because most of the abusers cant abuse the weather aswell and lack something. They are good just not very common and kinda gimmicky and ive played a good amount of ADV Ubers. To be honest when building a team i dont even really consider those weather-abusers as threats and theyll be naturally covered as well while you try to keep other Mons in check.
Ever faced SubSeed Eggy in sun? its fucking impossible to beat without priority, Roar or Kyogre/T-tar to fix weather

Colo and Eggy are quite good (not fantastic), Shiftry and Kaputops are just fine and Victreebel can sweep if they gets a SD off. They are ofc not as good as S/A rank mons, but that can do real damage if you are not prepared.

And RotomPoison. Sorry about my retarded rankings above, I was semidrunk and did probably not have any sense of ranking whatsoever. Here is a more proper list
Ludicolo: Mid B - Can be a offensive Swimmer and a Staller, And does both quite well. Also has a god-like typing that makes SE moves against it rare.

Exeggutor: Mid B - Does what Ludicolo does, but has better grass STAB in Solar beam and can use explosion.

Shiftry: Mid C - Fast, Hits hard after SD/with CB. Also has a strong explosion

Victreebel: Low/Mid C - Worse defensive typing that Shiftry but has Sleep powder. A simple set with SD and dual STAB works well.

Kabutops: Mid/Low C - Fast and has a good offensive typing. hits very hard after a SD and can take a Neutral physical hit because of its high defense.

Gorebyss: Mid D - Decent coverage, has Baton pass for momentum

Kingdra: High D - Very fast swimmer and has great dual-STAB. Lacks on the coverage side. and main dragon STAB is Dragon Breath.

Dont mind ranking the rest, They are either E or Low D

Vryheid

fudge jelly
I'm not super familiar with the gen 3 Ubers meta, but the R/S article for Deoxys-A always felt really bizarre to me. Right off the bat- "The absolute best cleaner in the game. Absolute best. Nothing stops Deoxys-A"- it sounds like this Pokemon is a nigh unstoppable monster that's mandatory on every single team. Is it really so overwhelmingly strong that players have to resort to gimmicky crap like Arcanine, Swellow, and (wtf?) Dodrio just to have some semblance of a reliable counter? Do people really not use Pokemon like defensively bulky Kyogre or Ho-oh to tank through the Choice Band set?

I'm not super familiar with the gen 3 Ubers meta, but the R/S article for Deoxys-A always felt really bizarre to me. Right off the bat- "The absolute best cleaner in the game. Absolute best. Nothing stops Deoxys-A"- it sounds like this Pokemon is a nigh unstoppable monster that's mandatory on every single team. Is it really so overwhelmingly strong that players have to resort to gimmicky crap like Arcanine, Swellow, and (wtf?) Dodrio just to have some semblance of a reliable counter? Do people really not use Pokemon like defensively bulky Kyogre or Ho-oh to tank through the Choice Band set?
''Choice Band Trapinch can come in after Deoxys-A kills something and use Quick Attack, unless it's using Choice Band ExtremeSpeed, in which case Trapinch dies even with max Defense.''

Why even...

I personally use either defensive Goudon or Banded Deoxys-S (Yes banded D-S) most of the time to counter Deoxys-A. Metagross is also a good option, but Superpower will hurt

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The analysis is a bit outdated (obviously), but yeah Deoxys-A pretty much is that good. You pretty much need a Skarm/Deo-D/Groudon/Pursuiter to check it well.

Also the only weather abusers worth ranking are Egg, Shiftry, Ludicolo, and maybe Qwilfish since it can Spikes and Explode (also it gets Shadow Ball which is nice for Latis). All the other ones suck.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Why not T-Tar on here? Psychics are so damn common (Lati@s, Deoxys formes, Mewtwo, Lugia) and it beats most of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)