ORAS Ubers "Get Down" The Legendary Fairyceus Sand

Foggi

Banned deucer.

Hello and welcome to my second RMT,today i present you my latest team wich i decided to name after a song made by my two favourite Electronic Music Producers.Lately with the raise of the Arceus-Fairy forme usage i decided that i wanted to make a team around it and first cool thing that came into my mind was a sand Offensive team built around Arceus-Fairy.

So i started from this not really common but also cool Arceus-forme,it gives a nice support to Offensive sand teams with a lack of fairy type,However it is hard to fit it on more offensive builds.Fairyceus can Pull off alot of different roles,from a support Arceus-forme to an Late-game Calm Mind sweeper,I decided that in this team
I will go with these three moves: Toxic/Recover/Judgment,Toxic works really well because it catches Primal-Groudons on the switch and helps wearing them down.For the last slot i was quite confused,First i wanted to go for Calm Mind wich would let me possibly sweep Late-Game but then i thought about Stone Edge wich could catch the oponnent Ho-Oh off guard.So after some tests i decided to run Stone Edge over Calm Mind but in Tournament if i'am sure that my oponnent doesn't run Ho-Oh i usually go for Calm Mind.

My next choice was of course Tyranitar because i decided to build a Sand team however i didn't go for the usual ubers tyranitar set,Instead i decided to go for a Mega-Tyranitar with the Dragon-Dance,
Tyranitar does not only provide sand,But also can act as a check to Darkrai,Salamence without Earthquake and also Yveltal however as i said before,It is a Mega-Tyranitar with DD so it has an abillity to potentially sweep though the oponnent team.

It is a really powerfull Late-Game sweeper wich with the access to sand outspeeds nearly the whole tier,
There are two options to run,Life Orb set or the Swords Dance Air baloon set both can fit well on this team but i decided to go for the second one simply because of its abillity to Pull off a late-game sweep.

Pdon is an obvious choice on most of the good ubers teams,it is simply too good to not run it.
Because i went for the Mega-tyranitar instead of the standard Stealth Rocks Shuca Berry support set,i needed to run support Stealth Rocks Primal-Groudon set,It also acts as my main special defensive wall and Xerneas switch-in.

Next up i needed something that could revenge kill an +2 Xerneas after one Precipice Blade from Pdon,
So since i couldn't run the best revenge killer in the tier,Arceus-Normal with Life Orb Extremespeed because my Arceus was already taken by the Fairy forme,Deoxys-Attack with Life Orb was the Best choice left.Thanks to the base 180 Special and Physical Attack it can. 1-hit KO nearly everything in the tier,especially with a base 150 STAB move called Psycho-Boost.Thanks to that power the team had a way to revenge kill threats and deal with support Arceus-Formes

For the last slot i needed something that could check Primal-Groudon,Swords Dance Arceus-Ground and Ekiller at once so Giratina-Origin was my pick because it checks all three pretty well,I went for the standard Hex set with Thunderwave however because of my weakness to Recover Swords Dance Arceus-Ground and Ekiller i decided to put Dragon Tail instead of the traditional Defog just to be enabled to phaze these two mons out and because of my excadrill wich had access to Rapid spin,
Defog on Giratina wasn't necessary.

THE TEAM

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Recover

The mon that i decided to build around.It is really underrated in the current ubers metagame,
It has the abillity to check Dark types like Yveltal and soft check Dragon Types like Salamence or Rayquaza, this specific movesets however has also the abillity to wear down oponnent Primal-Groudon by using toxic on it and has a good chance to lure the Ho-Oh with Stone-Edge wich already gives Huge support to the rest of the team.

Tyranitar-Mega @Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Another underrated mon in the ubers metagame,
Thanks to it massive bulk with the Special Defense Sand Boost makes it an amazing check to things like Yveltal,Darkrai,Latios and Latias, if you pair it with its Huge base 164 physical Attack and access to Dragon Dance you get a deadly sweeper wich also gives Huge defensive backbone,thats what Mega-Tyranitar is.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is another deadly sweeper on this team.
Thanks to its abillity 'Sand Rush' it outspeeds the whole tier when sand is up, with access to moves like Swords Dance,Earthquake and Iron Head it is something that every ubers player should fear while facing a sand team,Air baloon simply gives it the opportunity to set up on things like Non-Fire Move Primal-Groudon,Scarf Landorus-Therian or Earthquake Ekiller.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 68 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Primal-Groudon works as the team's main steel types and Xerneas switch-in, it also works as the Stealth Rocks setter and thanks to Thunderwave it is capable of paralyzing oponnent's Primal-Groudon Switch-in and provide massive support to the whole team.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Def / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Dragon Tail

Together with Primal-Groudon, they are the most important defensive backbones of the team.
Giratina-Origin thanks to its Ground and Normal Immunity works really well as Ekiller and Arceus-Ground check aswell as the main Primal-Groudon Switch-in, with its amazing bulk Paired with solid Special-Attacking stat it is capable of taking hits while also being enabled to hit hard,
Thunderwave gives Huge support and helps dealing with the Fairy-Types that usually switch into Giratina-Origin.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam/Knock Off
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Deoxys-Attack works as the main revenge killer of the team, thanks to the Huge base 180 stat in both attacks and really good offensive movepool there are no consistent switch-Ins for the Life Orb set in the current ubers metagame, also because of that power,the team's weakness to support Arceus-Water or Ground slightly decreased.

Like most of the offensive sand teams do my team has a problem with Primal-kyogre, it can't really switch into anything,however if something on the oponnent team dies and the Primal-Kyogre comes on my Pdon then it is a Pain to deal with it.

The Swords Dance Arceus-Ghost set another problem wich is hard to deal with because it has no reliable switch-in however if you predict right and come in with tyranitar on the first turn of Shadow Force, you can easily bop it with the base 164 Attack STAB Crunch.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 68 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Def / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Dragon Tail

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam/Knock Off
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Shoutouts to some ubers fams LucosDICampos Mysterious M benbe Crestfall hyw Samqian2 Lord Outrage Leru

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, pretty cool team though I don't see prevalance of sand in a meta filled with primals.I don't want to change the natural theme of the team, so I will only suggest changes to mons you have. First of all you are very xerneas weak as your pdon is straight up 2hkoed by moonblast which means it doesn't switch in to it.
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Primal Groudon: 230-271 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I know you can revenge with excadrill but non life orb iron head doesn't ko and you also will have to sack your ttar.(life orb koes after rocks)
So first change I would suggest is to change your pdon to full support set with lava plume as you have no fire move.
Plus as to my above point, life orb over air baloon on exca as exca is too frail to set up anyways + the things you mentioned are too dangerous to set up on like exca is so frail that +2 espeed 2HKOes it anyways thus nullifying you set up. Also scouting pdon for fire moves is dangerous as you have no real switch-in specially due to its secondary burn chance(your fairyceus has a hard time then).
Also I would recommend rock slide over rapid spin so that ho-oh doesn't stop your sweep when rocks aren't up.
Moreover, then you can shift hazard removal to giratina with its standard physical set so that you counter non-shadow claw versions of arc ghost. (using its slower shadow force, ttar isn't a switch-in, most have brick break and ttar just folds to it.)
Also this also helps you against offensive psychics as your team kind of struggles against them.
Also, give your arceus fairy a little more bulk so that it survives against mega salamence's +1 double edge after rocks or that thing just sweeps!
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Fairy: 388-457 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Use 248/204+ evs on it
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 399-469 (90 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
So, well thats it, best of luck with the team ;)

Foggi

Banned deucer.
Hey man, pretty cool team though I don't see prevalance of sand in a meta filled with primals.I don't want to change the natural theme of the team, so I will only suggest changes to mons you have. First of all you are very xerneas weak as your pdon is straight up 2hkoed by moonblast which means it doesn't switch in to it.
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 68 SpD Primal Groudon: 230-271 (57 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I know you can revenge with excadrill but non life orb iron head doesn't ko and you also will have to sack your ttar.(life orb koes after rocks)
So first change I would suggest is to change your pdon to full support set with lava plume as you have no fire move.
Plus as to my above point, life orb over air baloon on exca as exca is too frail to set up anyways + the things you mentioned are too dangerous to set up on like exca is so frail that +2 espeed 2HKOes it anyways thus nullifying you set up. Also scouting pdon for fire moves is dangerous as you have no real switch-in specially due to its secondary burn chance(your fairyceus has a hard time then).
Also I would recommend rock slide over rapid spin so that ho-oh doesn't stop your sweep when rocks aren't up.
Moreover, then you can shift hazard removal to giratina with its standard physical set so that you counter non-shadow claw versions of arc ghost. (using its slower shadow force, ttar isn't a switch-in, most have brick break and ttar just folds to it.)
Also this also helps you against offensive psychics as your team kind of struggles against them.
Also, give your arceus fairy a little more bulk so that it survives against mega salamence's +1 double edge after rocks or that thing just sweeps!
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Fairy: 388-457 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Use 248/204+ evs on it
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 399-469 (90 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
So, well thats it, best of luck with the team ;)
Hey,thanks for suggestions however it look like you don't exactly know how Offensive builds works in ubers,the Pdon set that you suggested usually works on more balanced teams also you shouldn't let the Xerneas set up on anything that's why you go straight into Primal-Groudon,hit it with Thunderwave,Precipice Blade it and if your pdon dies you can still revenge kill the paralyzed Xerneas with exca without sand,if the Xerneas is by any case aromatherapy variant then you always have your Deoxys-Attack to revenge kill it with Extremespeed after one Precipice Blade from Pdon, regarding the fairyceus and Salamence its the same as Primal-Groudon, the spread that you mentioned works on balanced builds,on HO builds like this one Salamence simply has no chance to set up on anything besides Primal Groudon wich can always Thunderwave it, also in the current ubers metagame Earthquake is not as common as it use to be so tyranitar can be a solid switch into it aswell.
Regarding rock slide over rapid spin and Defog physical giratina over my current set,that is possible but it doesn't improve anything,i already have Stone Edge on fairyceus to lure the Ho-Oh + it can't really throw sacred fires around for free on anything besides exca (wich can run rockslide so i doubt anyone would stay in without knowing the set), switching the giratina set to physical will make the Xerneas and fairies matchup really though because Thunderwave allows it to paralyze the oponnent fairies on the switch.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey,thanks for suggestions however it look like you don't exactly know how Offensive builds works in ubers,the Pdon set that you suggested usually works on more balanced teams also you shouldn't let the Xerneas set up on anything that's why you go straight into Primal-Groudon,hit it with Thunderwave,Precipice Blade it and if your pdon dies you can still revenge kill the paralyzed Xerneas with exca without sand,if the Xerneas is by any case aromatherapy variant then you always have your Deoxys-Attack to revenge kill it with Extremespeed after one Precipice Blade from Pdon, regarding the fairyceus and Salamence its the same as Primal-Groudon, the spread that you mentioned works on balanced builds,on HO builds like this one Salamence simply has no chance to set up on anything besides Primal Groudon wich can always Thunderwave it, also in the current ubers metagame Earthquake is not as common as it use to be so tyranitar can be a solid switch into it aswell.
Regarding rock slide over rapid spin and Defog physical giratina over my current set,that is possible but it doesn't improve anything,i already have Stone Edge on fairyceus to lure the Ho-Oh + it can't really throw sacred fires around for free on anything besides exca (wich can run rockslide so i doubt anyone would stay in without knowing the set), switching the giratina set to physical will make the Xerneas and fairies matchup really though because Thunderwave allows it to paralyze the oponnent fairies on the switch.
Well, I might know something about hyper offense having built teams before in ubers but the thing is your sweeper lacks the immediate power(like xerneas) or utility(like darkrai) so I just suggested to have a good defensive backbone because sand offense isn't exactly "op" in ubers plus you are mostly run over by opposing HO's. Anyways, its your team so your wish.
Good Luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)