Getting back into the game.

It's been a year, I graduated and starting college in the spring. Now it's time I dust off my favorite series of games and import to my copy of Pokemon Black.

I started playing around with a team on Pokemon Online and forgive me if my description is vague. lol ^^;

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

A simple lead, sub-punch. They switch, I sub, then go for a punch of switch to another move if they send in a ghost. If I remember correctly that's the sub-punch lead?

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

With Sand Stream in play this guy is a power play. Move pool covers a sub-par amount of types.

Stoutland (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Fang
- Crunch
- Retaliate
- Thunder Fang

Revenge killer and get's me so many KO's in battle. Sand Rush + Retaliate after a dead Pokemon is good. Plus the two fangs are great type coverage.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Brave Bird

Strong and a sturdy wall with the Stealth Rock set up. Roar to damage the team and Roost to regain HP.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Another wall and a good one too. Breaks set ups with Taunt when predicted. Surf for STAB and Willow for a status.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

A tank that can get away with a Thunder Wave, then BoltBeam and Recover.

And please, any help, explain it a little bit. I am a BK right now with the BW meta. ^^;

Thanks,

razoredgey

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Just a quick observation: Roar is inferior to Whirlwind on Skarmory (it does not affect Soundproof users).

Sound Proof? Did not know this.

And sorry Haunter, still getting back into it. ^^;

May just "netdeck" a team first to start.

Hey there, razoredgey, it's good to see a player get back into competitive OU. You seem to have a pretty decent grasp of how things are going in the meta. I do have a couple of major edits, however. On Tyranitar, being able to set up Stealth Rocks early would give your team a good advantage. SubPunch, while surprising, doesn't make for an effective lead. Try this set instead:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
Sand Stream Trait
EV's: 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast/Ice Beam
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Here you have the standard set. Getting up hazards early is important, and the coverage Ttar provides will be beneficial early-game. Since you already have Stealth Rocks here, replace SR on Skarmory with Spikes. And, as stated before, replace Roar with Whirlwind. Next, we have Stoutland. I just find Stoutland an inferior offensive option when compared to other revenge killers. Choice Scarf Terrakion makes a much more synergistic choice. You have the standard 4 / 252 / 252 EV's, and add that to a diverse moveset (EQ, Stone Edge, Close combat, X-Scissor) and you're good to go. Furthermore, I see some problems with Bulk Up Conkeldurr, as a +1/2 Drain Punch or Payback can really do some damage on your team members. As a a counter, I suggest replacing Porygon2 with defensive Reuniclus:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Magic Guard Trait
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Focus blast
-Recover

Reuniclus can give much more offensive momentum to the team, and still has viable recovery and reliable set up. By making these changes, you have a solid offensive and defensive core, making quite a balanced team. Hopefully these suggestions help, and GL with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)