Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Oddly, I change one of the cores of the team, since this team was built around Charizard X and Manaphy. I give it a good thought and I finally decided to try Keldeo, as suggested by Charilax Blastler. It really works well, but since I never used Keldeo before, it got me some time to learn how to use it. Secret Sword helps me a lot, specially being Keldeo such a fast pokemon. Icy Wind is for either Latis, Garchomp or a general coverage move, since it's the only Ice move I got. I gave away Energy Ball from Manaphy changing to Keldeo, but that lead me to my second change. I decided for Expert Belt instead of Choice Specs or Life Orb since the recoil really kills this pokemon being so fragile, and I don't like the idea of having two locked pokemon, since I have Scizor too, and Expert Belt does 1.2 to supereffective mons so it's a little less than Life Orb and I don't really use Keldeo to sweep.

Replaced by Latias

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Replaced by Hippowdon

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

I really like using Scarfed Heatran because it isn't much used, so it is a surprise when they get an Overheat right at the face in their Excadrill or Mega Metagross. It kind of works as well as a Revenge killer due to the high damage dealt by Overheat, but only if they aren't SpD invested. Stone Edge works with Talonflame or Thundurus, but is needed to be careful with this last one, since it can Twave and superpower later.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I had a strange opinion about this pokemon, but now that I get to use it I know why is so popular. It's really annoying with the residual damage by Iron+Rocky, besides being healed with Leech Seed and it can help me with my coverage problems, since I needed something that resist Azumarill now with these changes.

Hello everyone.
This is my second RTM, featuring a core between DD M-Charizard + Tail Glow Manaphy. This time ended up being alike my previous team, but it has some major changes.
I opted using said core due to I wanted to make an offensive one that would be able to stand up for each others checks, which I'll explain below.
I only was able to achieve late 1300 with this team, reaching 1400 only once I've been mantaining over 1400 but can't reach 1500. That being said, I am able to feel the team with some flaws, but I can't really tell what it is, which can be due to a lack of theorycal knowledge about team building or battling (which at my understanding they depend of each other)

Without further ado, here's the team.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I've been trying to build a good team using Mega Charizard X since the XY meta, but before I could get much into the meta itself, I had to leave the competitive play for academic reasons.
Charizard is my main sweeper (if possible) and acts as a wallbreaker in case I see it's not able to sweep the team. I used to run a Jolly 184 speed, but since I got Manaphy to get rid of Lando-T I opted using full speed. I am willying to use 184 again (if I knew I wouldn't need that speed) in order to get more health to help Charizard resist the recoil from Flare Blitz, which is a problem specially with Skarmory and Ferrothorn.
I changed it to 184 Speed so I don't get impaled every time I fight Ferrothorn, besides, I haven't face anything that makes me need to use more than 310.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

I loved this set since it came to light, and it's because even if Manaphy isn't pretty fast, it can do a lot of damage if it gets a right situation. I liked because it can deal with Charizard checks: Lando-T,Slowbro, Quag, Hippo, Excadrill, Latios and Garchomp. The problem is that is still slow at 188, so it doesn't appreaciate two hits in a row for faster Pokemon if it's switched into. Besides that, it works like a charm with such coverage and Tail Glow. Also works as my second win condition.
With 184 Spe I am able to outspeed Lando-t, so I don't need to take two Earthquakes when switched-in
I take back this mon since Keldeo didn't really worked as expected, and it was pointed out how weak my team was to Talonflame now with Keldeo.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios is the defogger as usual, having a pretty standard set. Life Orb allows him to do some damage with Draco Meteor at many switch-ins and deals with Keldeo (if lacks Icy Wind) being able to safe switch-in, and I was doubtful about the third slot, since it used to run Earthquake for Magnezone, Bisharp and Heatran, but since I didn't have an Electric move, and also it helps with Azumaril, I decided to use Thunderbolt instead, since those except Heatran are handled by my Heatran instead.
Although Healing Wish is really useful with Burned Scizor, TWaved Charizard or Toxic'd Manaphy, Roost provides much needed longetivity, since in order to check threats and with the Life Orb recoil, Latias takes much damage and needs to be able to check and defog.

Now I use Latias for better bulk, since I realised it doesn't need full Sp. Atk investment, since it handles only certain foes and doesn't sweep. Now I can use Healing Wish, which has been helpful bringing back Scizor, Zard X and Manaphy, being able to turn the situation.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

I love to use Scizor pretty much because it gets the job done. It works as a revenge killer with Bullet Punch hitting pretty hard with CB+Technician+STAB but also handles Latis and Gengar with Pursuit. U-turn gives me a pretty much needed momentum and Superpower works as a coverage plus effective move against Magnezone, Heatran and Bisharp; being this last one able to defeat Scizor at full health if it's at +2 with Sucker Punch.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

As mentioned by bobochan and AD impish john , Hippo covers some threats better than Heatran, besides being a better rock setter than Clefable. Besides being slower and more predictible than Heatran, Hippo has proven to be more useful and handy, since it takes damage pretty well and is able to punch back at some threats.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock Calm Mind Thunder-Wave
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast Flamethrower
- Wish Moonlight

Finally, Clefable came to me as a much needed response to Fight types Pokemon such as Mega Medichamp, Mega Lopunny, Conkeldurr but also Mega Sableye and Weavile.
I opted for an Unaware set since it can (kind of) deal with Manaphy, Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard X.
Having Stealth Rock in another Pokemon, I tried using Calm mind, but doesn't work as well since Clefable is pretty fragile for being able to set up, so I choose TWave, resulting very well in some Pokemon like Charizard or another fast switch-in.

I take back Clefable since it provides a much needed defensive coverage for the team having check for Mega Lopunny, Weavile, Conkeldurr (if it lacks Poison Jab).
I went for Calm Mind since it was stated to me it could work as a win condition. Flamethrower over Fire Blast was due to accuracy and PP.

As a small change, I switched back to TWave, since Calm Mind didn't help me a lot since I was having three pokemon being able to set up, also TWave have helped me before against opposite Victini, Vulcarona, Heatran and Mega Metagross.
Moonlight helped me to put pressure on the opposite team since it doesn't need two turns to heal up; I know it may be unrealiable with sandstorm around but mostly I am able to use it properly.

Final thoughts

The biggest flaws I see with this team is the lack of defensive power, since Clefable isn't much bulky. I been having troubles with Bisharp after using Swords Dance, since it can sweep my entire team. I notice the team is too... offensive? and lacks of a real wall. I been thinking changing Scizor>Bisharp, which can deal with fairies and psychic, but my lack of defense against fighting pokemon makes me wonder.
Clefable works really well using Wish and switching out, but besides being predictible if I change her I still need a rocks setter.
I have trouble dealing with Manaphy too, since my only defense against it is Clefable or Manaphy itself. I can use Latios but I think it's a lot of trouble for one Pokemon.
Ferrothorn is a lot of a trouble too, since it can cripple with Twave or slowly make chip damage with Leech Seed if my opponent plays right.
With this changes, the only thing I can note is that I have to be more careful against Keldeo, since I don't have a lot of switch-ins against it. Overall, I really like the changes, but I highly welome the feedback.
I'll post some recient replays, since those posted are from the original team.

Now that I take back the previous changes and take back Clefable and Manaphy, I still have some troubles to deal with. Also, I'm concerned about having three Pokemon with boosting moves (Charizard, Manaphy and Clefable) but hasn't been an issue really.
I often get troubles with faster Pokemon and hard-hitting specially oriented Pokemon like Tornadus-T, since I can't really check it. I'll post a thread list since it was suggested to me so I could get better management of this issue.

This thing really hurts the team since I can't have a safely switch-in. Scizor is able to beat it with Bullet Punch at middle health, but Hurricane hurts everyone in my team to be able to make so much damage, and Scizor gets Heat Wave in the face before having it 2HKO.

I hate this thing. It's slow as hell but even so it hurts the team with the same factor as Tornadus-T, the team doesn't have a safe-switch-in. Latias can 2HKO it but gets Play Rough (altough it can't 2HKO full HP), Scizor can 2HKO but can't switch-in and needs to be at least 80% with Choice Band variant. Manaphy can enter at Waterfall, but fears Play Rough and Knock Off.

This thing using Magnet Rise is a huge pain to deal with, specially sinice it paralyzes everything and it's only weak to Fire and Ground, which my Pokemon are: Hippo (it can use Magnet Rise and Stone Edge won't beat it) Clefable (just ran into a Klefki using Flash Cannon and ended up losing the match) and Charizard (which probably just get paralyzed and it could switch out before I beat it)

EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi! Nice team you got there.
This is my first time here so don’t mind me too much n_n

First thing’s first, I recommend that you use Hippowdon as your dedicated SR setter over Heatran. It still deals with Excadrill, Mega Metagross, Talonflame and some variants of Thundurus. It solves your Bisharp problem and also has reliable recovery :3
With the Stealth Rock freed up from Clefable, you should use Protect or Thunder Wave in the last slot as Protect is really nice with Wish while Thunder Wave will help cripple dangerous sweepers if needs be (especially effective thanks to Unaware).
Next thing is to replace Talonflame over Zard X. Talonflame is a stallbreaker which will solve a lot of your problems with stall teams (CM Clefable, Mega Sableye, etc), deals with Fighting-types such as Mega Lopunny/Medicham and also uses Ferrothorn as complete setup bait.
Now that you need a new Mega, might I recommend bulky Mega Scizor? This thing is so good its insane lol. It can safely come in on Latias, Latios lacking HP fire and Weavile then set up SD.

tl;dr
Hippowdon -> Scarf Heatran
Talonflame -> DD Zard X
Mega Scizor -> CB Scizor

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there cool team.

I'd run Roost over Thunderbolt on Latios. This will give you more longevity to check better threats like Charizard Y and Keldeo, with the latter being a real threat to your team if Latios is weakened, and the specs set can get a kill everytime it has a switch on the field.

Unaware Clefable isn't a really good rock setter, and you look pretty weak to Bisharp, Garchomp over Clefable will help you the same threats Clefable checked, while also being able to check Bisharp.

On Charizard, run the 4 Evs you have in HP in Defense. This will let you take less damage from Stealth Rocks due of the odd HPs.

This is all I have, solid team and good luck with it :)
Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 168 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Hey guys, thanks for the replys.

bobochan , I think Hippo could do a great job as you mention, I will definitely try it later on, since I've noticed I don't use a lot Flash Cannon and Earth Power on Heatran.
I might use Protect instead on Clefable, sin it could achieve to make High Jump Kick to fail.

I don't think I could change Charizard, since the team is built around the Manaphy+Charizard core, but the numbers like me for incorporating it in a different team, having two differents.

fran17 I've been thinking on changing Latios over Latias and still run Roost as you mention, since I feel I need a better defensive response, what do you think?

I'm not sure about leaving clefable for a Dragon, specially having two already. Besides that, I would leave my response to Mega Sableye and fighting types.

About the 4 Defense EVs I will change it immediately.

Thanks a lot guys, what do you think about my responses?

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
Ok, if you're going to use Latias over Latios, I recommend Healing Wish over Thunderbolt.
Some Azumarill have AV so Thunderbolt won't be doing much and you have other ways of dealing with Skarmory.
Healing Wish is extremely useful for your team since it doesn't have anything that can take a T-Wave (except Hippo, if you decide to use it).
It's also useful in general for when Scizor gets burned and Clefable gets easily worn down from status and residual damage.
Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Hey there solid team, but it could use a few changes (The team is really solid already so sorry that this rate is awfully short). As it has been explained before by fran17, change the 4 HP EVs to 4 Defense EVs as this makes the numbers HP odd, with an odd HP investment this lets Zard X Take 49% from SR and not 50% with an even number. Just an F.Y.I. Manaphy can be more bulky while still outspeeding Sand Rush Excadrill while its not in sand. By just changing the Speed EVs to 160 from 188 it gets 303 Speed outspeeding Jolly Excadrill, while being a bit more bulky for tanking hits. I checked what 188 Speed does and I couldn't find much it outspeeds that 160 doesn't. I would give Latios Recover/Roost as this would help it give longevity against Mega Charizard Y and Keldeo as stated before by fran17, the only thing to worry for is Keldeo's Icy Wind which then you can switch out to go against it; otherwise your find. One thing I did notice is that your team has literally 0 switch ins for Electric types and Unaware Clefable isn't a very good Stealth Rock setter. My suggestion is to use Hippowdon over Heatran as this gives you a check/counter for Electric types and can setup Stealth Rocks. Hippo also can check both Charizard X and Y, Bisharp, Excadrill, Talonflame, Mega Metagross and Thundurus without Grass Knot. Hippo gets Slack Off for recovery from taking hits, and Sand Stream does chip damage to opposing mons. However replacing Heatran with Hippo makes the team more weak to Weavile, but you do have Clefable and Scizor to go against it anyway. Since you now have Hippowdon as your Stealth Rock user you can changes Clefable's SR to Calm Mind to boost Sp Atk and Sp Def tanking up Sp Atk hits and then being able to do some decent damage to opposing Pokemon with Moonblast and Fire Blast. I hope I helped, have a nice day ^_^

Final Changes
4 Def>4 HP
96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe>EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Recover/Roost>T-Bolt
>

Calm Mind>Stealth Rock

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge/Whirlwind

bobochan You are right, I never thought about AV Azumarill. I've been trying Latias Healing Wish with the spread you suggested and I think it works better than Roost Latios. I think I'll stick with her, but I'll keep testing.

I tested Hippo over Heatran as bobochan and AD impish john suggested, but I found myself having a hard time using it since it's way predictable and very slow. I get the feeling of being pressured since I don't get momentum, but I think that might be a battling problem of mine about predicting.
I also test Calm Mind clefable but I can't make it work, since Clefable isn't that bulky to stand many hits and there are a lot of physical powerhouses out there.

At this time the only change I would like to do at the team is Latias over Latios with Healing Wish and a minor tweak in the EV spread.

What do you guys think, is it a problem of mine or am I making valid points?

Hey there , nice team , I'd like to suggest some changes. As the other already rated your team , it has only a few flaws in my reach...

• I think Roost > Healing Wish on Latias , as u looks very weak to Keldeo your only switch in against it is Latias , and Latias needs Roost to restore HP as it can't switch repeatidly without Roost , also its a more consistent defogger.
  • In the summary you have mentioned that you feel weak against Bisharp and Ferrothorn(zard x checks it pretty easily and you have fire blast on Clef) , the best mon to deal with both , I can think of is Keldeo Over Manaphy as it can switch into bisharp and kill ferrothorn 2.

• At last u said that you have Problem in using Hippowdon , I wanna suggest you to switch out Hippo against electric types as it cant take 3 Hp ices from all the electrics and u can switch it out against opposing zard x , also If you don't want to replace Manaphy , I'd like to tell that Hippo can switch out against Bisharp.

Hope it will help an have a great day :].

Last edited:
Hey there , nice team , I'd like to suggest some changes. As the other already rated your team , it has only a few flaws in my reach...

• I think Roost > Healing Wish on Latias , as u looks very weak to Keldeo your only switch in against it is Latias , and Latias needs Roost to restore HP as it can't switch repeatidly without Roost , also its a more consistent defogger.
  • In the summary you have mentioned that you feel weak against Bisharp and Ferrothorn , the best mon to deal with both , I can think of is Keldeo Over Manaphy as it can switch into bisharp and kill ferrothorn 2.

• At last u said that you have Problem in using Hippowdon , I wanna suggest you to switch out Hippo against electric types as it cant take 3 Hp ices from all the electrics and u can switch it out against opposing zard x , also If you don't want to replace Manaphy , I'd like to tell that Hippo can switch out against Bisharp.

Hope it will help an have a great day :].
Hey there, thanks for the reply. In fact I have tested the team a lot now and I found out exactly what you said about Hippo, and now I'm lovin' it. I use hippo to deal with Thundurus, Manectric and Bisharp, since it really does tank a lot. I even survived a +2 HP ice from Thundurus and knock it back with Stone Edge.

I'll test Roost > Healing Wish, but for now it's been working very well. It's true tho that Keldeo (specially Choice Specs) hurts really bad the team.

I haven't considered before using Keldeo over Manaphy, but I like the idea since I don't have a good Fighting coverage move, only Superpower on Scizor and it's barely usable. The problem is Manaphy gets a lot of usage in my team, and it's been my winning condition many times now, and I would be giving up two coverage moves too. I'll give it a try, but honestly I'm kind of hesitating.

One thing I haven't mention but I notice now I've spend more time with the team is that Clefable feels sometimes like dead weight. It sure weakens some threats like Ferro or Bisharp with Fire Blast at the switching, but TWave is very predictible and Moonblast doesn't help much, only at certain mons like Sableye or Conkeldurr. I've been thinking on replace in it, but I can't think on what to use to beat those two mons I mentioned.

EDIT: I switched Unaware Clefable for Calm Mind + Magic Guard and it works perfectly on the team. I raise to 1417 on the ladder (before I couldn't reach 1400) and I can feel the pressure on my opponent when fearing the constant set up of Charizard, Manaphy or Clefable. I'll keep testing, but I think I reached a good point where the team is stable.

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for the reply. In fact I have tested the team a lot now and I found out exactly what you said about Hippo, and now I'm lovin' it. I use hippo to deal with Thundurus, Manectric and Bisharp, since it really does tank a lot. I even survived a +2 HP ice from Thundurus and knock it back with Stone Edge.

I'll test Roost > Healing Wish, but for now it's been working very well. It's true tho that Keldeo (specially Choice Specs) hurts really bad the team.

I haven't considered before using Keldeo over Manaphy, but I like the idea since I don't have a good Fighting coverage move, only Superpower on Scizor and it's barely usable. The problem is Manaphy gets a lot of usage in my team, and it's been my winning condition many times now, and I would be giving up two coverage moves too. I'll give it a try, but honestly I'm kind of hesitating.

One thing I haven't mention but I notice now I've spend more time with the team is that Clefable feels sometimes like dead weight. It sure weakens some threats like Ferro or Bisharp with Fire Blast at the switching, but TWave is very predictible and Moonblast doesn't help much, only at certain mons like Sableye or Conkeldurr. I've been thinking on replace in it, but I can't think on what to use to beat those two mons I mentioned.

EDIT: I switched Unaware Clefable for Calm Mind + Magic Guard and it works perfectly on the team. I raise to 1417 on the ladder (before I couldn't reach 1400) and I can feel the pressure on my opponent when fearing the constant set up of Charizard, Manaphy or Clefable. I'll keep testing, but I think I reached a good point where the team is stable.
It looks like now you know how to use Hippo which is very nice , but I think u don't know how to use unaware clef , so first of all if u switch to mg clef you will be weak to weavile , Mega Loppuny and Normal Gyarados(you still have a way to deal with Gyarados) , Clefable isnt dead weight u just dont know how to use it , so I'd like to tell u that It is used against Mega Loppuny , Weavile , Gyarados(non mega) , Garchomp etc. I'd also like to tell u that once unaware clef set ups its deadly and its the best wincon in the game after Talonflame imo.

Now , talking of Keldeo , you don't rly need it now becoz you know how to use Hippo and Hippo+ Unaware Clef counters almost all the mons that keldeo checks or counters , you have enough coverage for Ferrothorn if u will look carefully in the team.

Hope I helped :] , Good Luck...

Actually with Scizor I deal with Weavile, but Mega Lopunny and Gyarados, those I need to be careful with.
I would highly thank you to teach me how to use Clefable, since I really can't find it useful (until I switched to magic guard)

I think most of my flaws aren't by the team but from my knowledge (or lack of) about the metagame.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
Hey again, I'm not too sure about the Keldeo over Manaphy as it makes your team extra weak to Talonflame now that you have replaced Clefable with Ferrothorn (another 4x weakness to Fire). However, I believe you could try using CB Azumarill over Keldeo. Banded Play Rough is still able to 2HKO Mega Sableye after burn while it makes dealing with Talonflame easier so that Hippowdon isn't too pressured :3
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Last edited:
Hey,nice team here i really like change you made ! however the team have still flaws and i'll try to help to you to fix them

You are using Zard-X without Heatran which mean he is a full counter, a lure which can remove him faster sounds good this is why i recommend EQ Latios,why Latios ? because Healing Wish don't have too much utility in this team (M-Zard don't mind burn for exemple and other thing can come on a predicted T-Wave),also Latios have a better offensive pressure than Latias and he will still check threat like Keldeo/M-Venusaur.

I don't really like Scizor in your team,its really not a decent trapper because it can't force out Lati@s since they can just stay in and KO him by using hidden power fire,for Gengar you can't come on any move (except sludge wave which isn't really a spammable move),he can just spam shadow ball and you take (59.1 - 69.6%) and you need to force the 50/50 which is pretty bad deal since you will most of time lock yourself into Bullet punch,you have like 1/3 to get burned by Starmie scald and than he can switch out without minding the pursuit.

Bisharp/Scarf Ttar are better since the first one have acces to Knock off and Sucker punch which is a strong priority and pursuit,he can trapkill trapkill Lati@s easily if he come on the right move and than trapkilling him,you also need to force the 50/50 with sucker punch/pursuit with Gengar but its better than scizor which need to lock himself to use his priority.Scarf Ttar just come on any Lati@s attack and than trapkilling them,you need to come on the right move on Gengar and for Starmie its a 50/50 between pursuit/crunch.

Since you are using Ferrothorn i think Spikes would be perfect on him even more if you are using Bisharp/Ttar to remove most common entry hazard remover of the OU metagame.

If you use Bisharp/Tyranitar,Keldeo will don't need Icy wind anymore to lure Lati@s,just use hidden power bug/electric.

Latios @ Life Orb
Hasty/Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake/Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty/Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Superpower

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug] /Hidden Power [Electric]

Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latias >>>
Latios
Scizor >>>
Bisharp/
Tyranitar
Keldeo (Set)
Ferrothorn (Set)

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Glowing Claws, Tougher Tail.

Team Preview

>

>

>

>

Hello everyone.
This is my second RTM, featuring a core between DD M-Charizard + Tail Glow Manaphy. This time ended up being alike my previous team, but it has some major changes.
I opted using said core due to I wanted to make an offensive one that would be able to stand up for each others checks, which I'll explain below.
I only was able to achieve late 1300 with this team, reaching 1400 only once. That being said, I am able to feel the team with some flaws, but I can't really tell what it is, which can be due to a lack of theorycal knowledge about team building or battling (which at my understanding they depend of each other)

Without further ado, here's the team.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I've been trying to build a good team using Mega Charizard X since the XY meta, but before I could get much into the meta itself, I had to leave the competitive play for academic reasons.
Charizard is my main sweeper (if possible) and acts as a wallbreaker in case I see it's not able to sweep the team. I used to run a Jolly 184 speed, but since I got Manaphy to get rid of Lando-T I opted using full speed. I am willying to use 184 again (if I knew I wouldn't need that speed) in order to get more health to help Charizard resist the recoil from Flare Blitz, which is a problem specially with Skarmory and Ferrothorn.
I changed it to 184 Speed so I don't get impaled every time I fight Ferrothorn, besides, I haven't face anything that makes me need to use more than 310.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

I loved this set since it came to light, and it's because even if Manaphy isn't pretty fast, it can do a lot of damage if it gets a right situation. I liked because it can deal with Charizard checks: Lando-T,Slowbro, Quag, Hippo, Excadrill, Latios and Garchomp. The problem is that is still slow at 188, so it doesn't appreaciate two hits in a row for faster Pokemon if it's switched into. Besides that, it works like a charm with such coverage and Tail Glow. Also works as my second win condition.
With 184 Spe I am able to outspeed Lando-t, so I don't need to take two Earthquakes when switched-in

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Oddly, I change one of the cores of the team, since this team was built around Charizard X and Manaphy. I give it a good thought and I finally decided to try Keldeo, as suggested by Charilax Blastler. It really works well, but since I never used Keldeo before, it got me some time to learn how to use it. Secret Sword helps me a lot, specially being Keldeo such a fast pokemon. Icy Wind is for either Latis, Garchomp or a general coverage move, since it's the only Ice move I got. I gave away Energy Ball from Manaphy changing to Keldeo, but that lead me to my second change. I decided for Expert Belt instead of Choice Specs or Life Orb since the recoil really kills this pokemon being so fragile, and I don't like the idea of having two locked pokemon, since I have Scizor too, and Expert Belt does 1.2 to supereffective mons so it's a little less than Life Orb and I don't really use Keldeo to sweep.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latios is the defogger as usual, having a pretty standard set. Life Orb allows him to do some damage with Draco Meteor at many switch-ins and deals with Keldeo (if lacks Icy Wind) being able to safe switch-in, and I was doubtful about the third slot, since it used to run Earthquake for Magnezone, Bisharp and Heatran, but since I didn't have an Electric move, and also it helps with Azumaril, I decided to use Thunderbolt instead, since those except Heatran are handled by my Heatran instead.

Now I use Latias for better bulk, since I realised it doesn't need full Sp. Atk investment, since it handles only certain foes and doesn't sweep. Now I can use Healing Wish, which has been helpful bringing back Scizor, Zard X and Manaphy, being able to turn the situation.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

I love to use Scizor pretty much because it gets the job done. It works as a revenge killer with Bullet Punch hitting pretty hard with CB+Technician+STAB but also handles Latis and Gengar with Pursuit. U-turn gives me a pretty much needed momentum and Superpower works as a coverage plus effective move against Magnezone, Heatran and Bisharp; being this last one able to defeat Scizor at full health if it's at +2 with Sucker Punch.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

I really like using Scarfed Heatran because it isn't much used, so it is a surprise when they get an Overheat right at the face in their Excadrill or Mega Metagross. It kind of works as well as a Revenge killer due to the high damage dealt by Overheat, but only if they aren't SpD invested. Stone Edge works with Talonflame or Thundurus, but is needed to be careful with this last one, since it can Twave and superpower later.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

As mentioned by bobochan and AD impish john , Hippo covers some threats better than Heatran, besides being a better rock setter than Clefable. Besides being slower and more predictible than Heatran, Hippo has proven to be more useful and handy, since it takes damage pretty well and is able to punch back at some threats.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock Thunder-Wave
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish

Finally, Clefable came to me as a much needed response to Fight types Pokemon such as Mega Medichamp, Mega Lopunny, Conkeldurr but also Mega Sableye and Weavile.
I opted for an Unaware set since it can (kind of) deal with Manaphy, Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard X.
Having Stealth Rock in another Pokemon, I tried using Calm mind, but doesn't work as well since Clefable is pretty fragile for being able to set up, so I choose TWave, resulting very well in some Pokemon like Charizard or another fast switch-in.

Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

I had a strange opinion about this pokemon, but now that I get to use it I know why is so popular. It's really annoying with the residual damage by Iron+Rocky, besides being healed with Leech Seed and it can help me with my coverage problems, since I needed something that resist Azumarill now with these changes.

Final thoughts

The biggest flaws I see with this team is the lack of defensive power, since Clefable isn't much bulky. I been having troubles with Bisharp after using Swords Dance, since it can sweep my entire team. I notice the team is too... offensive? and lacks of a real wall. I been thinking changing Scizor>Bisharp, which can deal with fairies and psychic, but my lack of defense against fighting pokemon makes me wonder.
Clefable works really well using Wish and switching out, but besides being predictible if I change her I still need a rocks setter.
I have trouble dealing with Manaphy too, since my only defense against it is Clefable or Manaphy itself. I can use Latios but I think it's a lot of trouble for one Pokemon.
Ferrothorn is a lot of a trouble too, since it can cripple with Twave or slowly make chip damage with Leech Seed if my opponent plays right.
With this changes, the only thing I can note is that I have to be more careful against Keldeo, since I don't have a lot of switch-ins against it. Overall, I really like the changes, but I highly welome the feedback.
I'll post some recient replays, since those posted are from the original team.

Replays
Win - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-283481646
Win, barely, and it can be seen my dependance to Manaphy - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-283399854
Win, but here shows how vulnerable the team is to stall - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-283394030
Lose hopplesly, if Scizor it's gone I have no chance against Calm Mind Clefable, besides being kicked in the butt by Thundurus.
Lose against SD Bisharp - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-282623022
Lose, in this one I felt very pressured by my opponent. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-282235426

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Wish

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
It looks like you updated , but bro maybe u misunderstanded something! , I don't meant that "replace Manaphy for Keldeo" , I meant if you will not use Hippo you will be Bisharp weak so you have to use Keldeo , so its better to don't drop Hippowdon.
Also , you need roost on Lati@s so you don't need to run hwish or tbolt or eq on them , because you have to swicth-in lati@s against mons like Keldeo and Zard Y so u need recovery to counter them for a long time in the game.You already have Manaphy and Hippowdon for Heatran(Hippo can't check the offensive variants) , so u don't rly need a lure for Heatran. Also , I think droping Scizor isn't a nice idea , it is your only Grassk Knot Mega Metagross switch-in(it can switch into any variant) and Scizor also helps you to checks Mega Altaria , Mega Loppuny etc. At last I think Unaware Clefable is very important part of your team , and I already told you the reason before and Ferrothorn isn't a good replacement as it can't counter Weavile and makes you Weavile weak...

Hope I helped...
Read very carefully and if something gives you problem , feel free to pm me.

Hey,nice team here i really like change you made ! however the team have still flaws and i'll try to help to you to fix them

You are using Zard-X without Heatran which mean he is a full counter, a lure which can remove him faster sounds good this is why i recommend EQ Latios,why Latios ? because Healing Wish don't have too much utility in this team (M-Zard don't mind burn for exemple and other thing can come on a predicted T-Wave),also Latios have a better offensive pressure than Latias and he will still check threat like Keldeo/M-Venusaur.

I don't really like Scizor in your team,its really not a decent trapper because it can't force out Lati@s since they can just stay in and KO him by using hidden power fire,for Gengar you can't come on any move (except sludge wave which isn't really a spammable move),he can just spam shadow ball and you take (59.1 - 69.6%) and you need to force the 50/50 which is pretty bad deal since you will most of time lock yourself into Bullet punch,you have like 1/3 to get burned by Starmie scald and than he can switch out without minding the pursuit.

Bisharp/Scarf Ttar are better since the first one have acces to Knock off and Sucker punch which is a strong priority and pursuit,he can trapkill trapkill Lati@s easily if he come on the right move and than trapkilling him,you also need to force the 50/50 with sucker punch/pursuit with Gengar but its better than scizor which need to lock himself to use his priority.Scarf Ttar just come on any Lati@s attack and than trapkilling them,you need to come on the right move on Gengar and for Starmie its a 50/50 between pursuit/crunch.

Since you are using Ferrothorn i think Spikes would be perfect on him even more if you are using Bisharp/Ttar to remove most common entry hazard remover of the OU metagame.

If you use Bisharp/Tyranitar,Keldeo will don't need Icy wind anymore to lure Lati@s,just use hidden power bug/electric.

Latios @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty/Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Superpower

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug] /Hidden Power [Electric]

Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latias >>>
Latios
Scizor >>>
Bisharp/
Tyranitar
Keldeo (Set)
Ferrothorn (Set)

Good luck :)
Nice rate but I think the things about scizor isn't correct , Scizor is his only way to go against fairies , also Zard X don't rly need much support , Pursuit trappers work much better with Zard Y since , zard x outspeeds lati@s and Gengar after +1 speed , the Pokemons you suggested goes 50/50 against Mega Gardevoir which his team is rly weak to.Also you talked about hp fire Lati@s , there are also Hp fighting variants.

Everything else seems fine , You looks like a good rater so keep rating and I'd suggest you to read your rate once before you post it... :]

Nice rate but I think the things about scizor isn't correct , Scizor is his only way to go against fairies , also Zard X don't rly need much support , Pursuit trappers work much better with Zard Y since , zard x outspeeds lati@s and Gengar after +1 speed , the Pokemons you suggested goes 50/50 against Mega Gardevoir which his team is rly weak to.

Everything else seems fine , You looks like a good rater so keep rating and I'd suggest you to read your rate once before you post it... :]
Bisharp remove Lati@s/Starmie which are annoying for keldeo and which can Defog/Rapid Spin to remove hazard from the field (its bad when you are using SR+Spikes)
Tyranitar same thing but he have a better time with Lati@s

They have other utility which make them better than Scizor (speed for exemple)

They aren't here to help Zard-X,they help the team and anyway Bisharp can handle some fairy better than Scizor.

Hey you all!

I edited the thread having back my old members Manaphy and Clefable.
I really couldn't change Scizor over Bisharp, besides I would have problem with fighting types (which already have a hard time dealing with). Scizor is able to beat Gengar with Bullet Punch (which I use instead of Pursuit at low health) Gardevoir, Latis, and hurts Tyranitar if it lacks Fire Blast. Also gives me momentum, which Bisharp can't do.

I'll keep testing the team so I'll update the threatlist and the replay list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)