Role Playing Goblin Arrows: a D&D oneshot for beginners

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
permission from daletterel

I will be running a dungeons and dragons one-shot (actually the first section of the campaign that comes with the D&D starter box) for beginners to let them experience the magic of dungeons and dragons for the first time. I will help you learn the rules and assist you in building a character in a 1-on-1 chat session. We will then play with a group of 2 to 5 players with me as the DM. I’m happy to repeat this adventure with multiple groups.

Rules: We will be playing with these rules: http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/SRD-OGL_V1.1.pdf but you're not expected to read them all or even a significant portion.

Adventure: It involves killing goblins. Those beady eyed monsters have it coming!

Time: I am usually available from 5 pm to 10 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 10 pm on weekends, UTC+1. Please put your availability in your sign-ups so I can create groups out of the people that sign up. I encourage you to form groups with your friends and it will speed things up if you do so. The typical adventure should last around two hours, however they can run significantly over time. I look forward to DMing for you all and can’t wait for you to sign up.

Where: IRC or Discord, depending on group preference.

sign-ups:

Oddish. (always available)

RODAN (always available)

Former Hope (available starting 9 pm pst each day)

Martin. (prolly anytime from Wednesday onwards; ideally from 6 PM GMT onwards though 'cause that way I can minimise my chance of being dragged to go out somewhere)

Vanillish Wafer (Availability: 2 - 8 PM UTC most days)

Hitmonleet: (Availability: Most times after Wednesday, but preferably after 7 PM GMT.)

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In

Availability: prolly anytime from Wednesday onwards; ideally from 6 PM GMT onwards though 'cause that way I can minimise my chance of being dragged to go out somewhere

Ideally put me in whatever group u put rodan and oddish in 'cause they're invariably fun to play shit with

Personally, I prefer discord - text chat. First off, my mic is absolutely terrible, and that's if I can get it working. Also, if you do it through text, then you don't have to worry about somebody missing what you said, or hearing something completely different (an oily rag in a bag becomes an oily rat in a bag). Finally, if anyone needs to refresh their information, they can simply scroll up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)