Not open for further replies.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########

- baa
- nice resistances to water, ground, electric, and immunity to grass
- pretty big movepool of offensive moves, support options, and reliable recovery
- decent all-round stats; 123/62/81 bulk is pretty solid and 100/97 offenses are workable
- slow base 68 speed
- weakness to common flying, bug, and fire moves
- can't do much damage without boosts

Bulk Up
########
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Milk Drink
move 3: Horn Leech
move 4: Earthquake
ability: Sap Sipper
item: Leftovers
evs: 228 HP / 48 Atk / 232 SpD
nature: Careful

Moves
========

- Bulk Up patches up Gogoat's Defense while letting it hit harder
- Milk Drink for recovery while it boosts
- Substitute to avoid status / weak attacks
- obligatory STAB move: Horn Leech for a bit of recovery
- Earthquake can be used to hit some Grass resists harder than Rock Slide

Set Details
========

- hp and spd to maximize bulk, since Bulk Up will boost defence and attack
- some attack investment to hit harder
- careful for more special bulk
- lefties for passive recovery, allowing gogoat to live longer

Usage Tips
========

- set up a sub or bulk up on something that can't touch or gets forced out by gogoat, such as barbaracle or carracosta
- if not running rock slide, gogoat can't really touch birds or bugs at all
- set up only when threats to gogoat are removed, usually either mid- or late-game
- most grass-types give gogoat a lot of trouble, as gogoat usually cannot touch them or switch in against them either

Team Options
========

- fwg core can take care of a lot of things; mantine, flareon, barbaracle, poliwrath, simisear, etc can be used as teammates to take on ice, bug, grass, and fire-types
- teammates to remove opposing grass-types, such as the aforementioned simisear and flareon, as well as flying-types such as dodrio and articuno

Other Options
########

- subseed
- mixed offensive set
- offensive bulk up

Checks & Counters
########

- opposing grass-types; tangela hard walls gogoat, as even after a few bulk ups it still can't do much to tangela. however, tangela cannot do much in return either. also gourgeist can outspeed and burn it before it sets up a sub
- taunt prevents gogoat from using bulk up and substitute/milk drink, crippling it for a few turns
- sneasel can outspeed and dent gogoat with an ice type move or knock off
- fire-types in general threaten gogoat out with a super effective attack
- phazers such as avalugg can easily take a hit and force it out, even if it has a sub up
- toxic means gogoat cant set up with all the residual damage, and burn means that its piss weak even after boosts
- gogoat cannot really touch avalugg, while it can easily recover off the damage and retaliate with avalanche
- can't really do much to steel-types if not running eq

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just gonna touch on C&C before I head to bed. Its a little bit light atm, there is a bunch of other stuff out there that can beat the goat. For instance Fire-, Poison-, and Ice-types can seriously put a dent in Gogoat or threaten it out, they should be added. You should add in a section of phasing, for instance pokemon like Avalugg dont mind taking a hit and can just Roar it out. Also I feel like Status should get a mention as toxic means it cant setup and burn means gogoat is piss weak. You should mention under your bulky grass-types that Gourgeist can outspeed and burn and takes little to nothing from Gogoats attacks. There are probably a couple of others but these are the ones I can think of, off the top of my head.

"taunt prevents gourgeist from using bulk up and substitute/milk drink, crippling it for a few turns" lol think you ment Gogoat

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bulk Up
########
Moves
========
Mention that gogoats hp lets it produce subs that arent broken by seismic toss, and that sub brings up so many more set up oppurtunites, togetic, gourgeist, etc. I think this should be the first slash

Im not too sure if EQ should be slashed, or even in moves. Fire types either force you out or get hit hard by Rock Slide, Poison and steel types are almost irrelevant in this meta, and you hit the only bulky electric type for SE damage either way. At least with Rock slide you hit flying and fire types, the former is quite nice to hit, and although there arent many bug types, you dont let scyther get a switch in or set up. Obviously eq is much stronger which is nice against grass resists.
I would say just mention EQ in moves soley for strength, and have rock slide as the main option (please say if im missing something, but the best reason to use eq was for garb)

Usage Tips
========
Barbaracle and costa can touch hit, but just get forced out
Mention more pokes it can set up on with sub
Rock slide and EQ bits arent very relevant (esp now garb is banned)
Relevant grass types: Gogoat, Gourgeist, Jumpluff, Leafeon, Leavanny, Sawsbuck, Simisage, Torterra, Victreebel. It can switch in on a total of one of them (remove that part)
Hm, there isnt much here i can think off to mention, i guess also stuff about what time of game to set up and once relevant threats are removed

Team Options
========

This needs to be redone, as firstly, you dont say what fwg core does for it, garbo is banned, i guess the last part is fine. You need to mention pokes that beat specific checks and counters, as well as wall breakers that help it sweep

Checks & Counters
########
I trust you to make this better in the write up, but firstly, remove ice type section and replace with avalugg, as it deals decent damage to others. Steel types should be mentioned, although they arent very common

horyzhnz

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry its been a while but from testing this should be the set:
Bulk Up
########
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Milk Drink
move 3: Horn Leech
move 4: Earthquake
ability: Sap Sipper
item: Leftovers
evs: 228 HP / 48 Atk / 232 SpD
nature: Careful
EQ is much more important than rock slide as it allows gogoat to hit steel types which are now relevant, fire types, and roselia much harder. Rock slide is still useful vs jumpluff and other flying types, so should be mentioned in moves. Leaf blade should also be mentioned in moves as horn leach utility is just more important. The EV spread allows it to always OHKO ninetales at +1 and 2HKO offensive rose at +0 (mention a more offensive set in set details). The bulk EVs are just more specially efficient than other spreads. I dont thinks speed is necessary as there is nothing it needs to outspeed without wasting too many evs, and although people prefer 72 speed for base 45's, they dont do much vs goat.

If others have better spreads please say (e: it was decided that this set is better than the one below)

horyzhnz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)