Strategy & Metagame Good Cores In OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there once again, article approval squad. I've looked through the article index and I haven't found this idea yet, but I was hoping to write an article on good cores in OU. For those that don't know what a core is, it's a combination of two or three Pokemon that work very well together in either eliminating each others checks and counters or by having great synergy. I'm going to go through a run down of what the term means and give examples of good cores.

I don't know what else to say so yeah here's the first paragraph. >___>

One of the most important parts of being able to successfully play competitive Pokemon is being able to build good teams, as they significantly up the chance of you winning the match. Within building teams, one of the most common ways to build a team is by building off of a good core by utilizing a core and adding teammates that support the core. For the uninformed, a core is a combination of two or three Pokemon that work very well together. The most common ways a core functions is by having the two team members eliminate each others counters so one can sweep, having amazing offensive or defensive type synergy, or by having one set ideal conditions for the other. This article will showcase good cores in OU that may also function as a start for those who would like to teambuild.

kk lemme know what you think :o

cmd + f with 'cores' brings nothing to the table related to OU, although there are core articles for different tiers.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is this anything to be concerned of? I don't know how good the cores in there are, and I expect there to be many more cores out there as well. So long as you have the content (which I'll trust you to be honest and say you do unless you think otherwise), I would be alright with approving this, so long as the focus was on examples of good cores rather than explaining what a core is. My competitive knowledge is however lacking, so I'll let any others express concerns regarding if it is worth doing another article like the one I mentioned earlier so soon.

I think I can do a good deal of cores as I have the content, that article lists a total of 8 cores. I can do minimum double that.

Iwould be alright with approving this, so long as the focus was on examples of good cores rather than explaining what a core is.
Does this mean I can start working?

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think I can do a good deal of cores as I have the content, that article lists a total of 8 cores. I can do minimum double that.

Does this mean I can start working?
I'd recommend you go for quality over quantity, but if you can get some solid writeups on a good number of cores, I have no problem with this. I didn't notice that Valmanway had previously said he was alright with this so long as it hadn't already been done, and I think there is enough content to write about that this isn't a problem. So yeah, you can start writing. This is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)