Strategy & Metagame Guide to ORAS OU stall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The ORAS OU metagame has been playable for a while, and we've already started seeing certain team archetypes and build become common, particularly when it comes to stall teams. I could write up a guide on Stall teams in ORAS OU, specifically those revolving around Mega-Sableye, explain how the team functions in general, and what each component does for the team. I'll list out which role each teamslot is reserved for and which specific Pokemon can be used for said teamslot. I have a lot of experience with both facing and using stall in ORAS, so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Hope you like this idea! (and that it wasn't already taken)

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Bummer and say hold off on this for a bit. By the time Issue 38 of The Smog comes out, the metagame will have solidified more and there will most likely be more to talk about by then.

I trust Albacore's knowledge of the playstyle and I believe the meta is solid enough for this article, with the main "unbalanced" part of OU not really affecting this article (tentacruel is solid for extrasensory-less ninja which is by far more common than those with esensory). It's fine on my end.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I think the meta has stabilized enough to the point where I can start writing this. I guess I could wait for the Greninja suspect but I don't think Stall would be too affected by it besides having a few new threats to cover due to Greninja's absence making some threats to stall more viable/common (for example we'll be seeing more Specs>Scarf on Keldeo in all likelihood) but I doubt this would happen to an extent that would change the general build of Stall. Really the only big change for Stall is the rise in usage of Tail Glow Rain Dance Manaphy, which Stall kinda has to accept it's going to be losing or at least have a very hard time against (and Unaware Clefable which I already mentioned is one of the better checks if it runs Calm Mind), so I don't think the build I described in the OP is outdated in any way. So yeah, I think I can just start writing this now unless there are any objections.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Judged on the replies above, I suspect there are none. I've now given you access to our workshop. Here's a general message we give all new writers:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!
Welcome to the force!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)