Gunman Kills 33 on Virginia Tech Campus (4/16/07)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm so glad I have you to tell me what the Bill of Rights is (gg on the history test btw). I stand by my first assertion, America never ruled out the threat of another nation invading it. At the time, a nation had just invaded it so it was a very real threat, hence one worth writing down.
So you admit that the amendment is outdated and unnecessary in today's world?

...and who said that?
He did, it's called his opinion.

No one needs handguns except the guys who need handguns. What makes a policeman more reliable than a regular person exactly? Because he is paid to do it? I'd gladly pay myself to protect myself.
Okay, are you deliberately being obtuse just to troll and piss me off? Hm, why are police more reliable with weapons than everyday citizens... probably because they're put through 6 months of rigorous physical and mental training to be licensed by the state to protect you and your belongings. Average Joe's will panic and start shooting, policemen have it ingrained to the point of it being instinct that gunfire is the LAST necessary use of force in any situation.

Continuing. The Swiss militia is enforced by law, every man must have his gun by law. I can hardly think of a place in which there are more guns per person on average in the world and yet their gun-related crime rates? Look it up.
Their gun crime rate is no less or more than any other major countries in Western Europe, the ones with gun bans.

A knife wound from a person trying to kill you is probably just as deadly as a bullet wound from a person trying to kill you. And who said he stopped stabbing?
You give me a choice of a guy shooting at me from 10 feet away or a guy who has to come in close to stab me, I'll take the stabbing. At least I'll have a chance to defend myself. And don't say I could defend myself against the first guy if I had a gun, because the top of my head is gone by the time I even get it out of wherever I'm hiding it on myself.

Their gun crime rate is no less or more than any other major countries in Western Europe, the ones with gun bans.
You mean to say that guns can be used in a responsible manner?

I'll leave it at that if you're calling me a troll. G'day DM/thread.

must we argue about politics in this topic? take the fucking gun discussion elsewhere, honestly...

personally i am angry that his name was released to the public, and angrier still that pictures and videos of him were, too. but, it's worthless to be outraged. that gives him what he wants.

remember liviu librescu, the brave person that gave his life trying to save his students.

“A 76-year-old Jewish-Romanian lecturer was hailed a hero after blocking his classroom door long enough for many of his students to escape the Virginia Tech gunman, before being shot dead.”

but, sadly, his name will be forgotten and cho's will not. releasing his name and giving him "glory" will just set the stage for the next mass murder. it's sad that sick fucks like him get their infamy at all, and sadder still that the heroes of these types of events are lost and forgotten.

edit: also, a tuba player that i know from a few emails was almost a victim of this tragedy. luckily he didn't receive any critical injuries, thank god.

It's pretty sad what happend on the Campus but the thing I don't understand is why they didn't call the police when he killed the first two people and left? RIP everyone who was killed during this tragedy.

I couldn't agree more with Sanders. It really frustrates me that a sick bastard like cho will be infamous because of this and a hero will be forgotten. With all the media 'fame' surrounding this psychopath, it also encourages other would-be murderers that they can gain fame by actions such as this.

It's pretty sad what happend on the Campus but the thing I don't understand is why they didn't call the police when he killed the first two people and left? RIP everyone who was killed during this tragedy.
the police were there immediately. it was thought to be an isolated incident, they locked down the specific dorm that he shot up, and thought it was over, and began investigating. then the other killings began. you simply cannot lock down a college campus completely. you cannot predict the future. how were they to know that the killer would return? what could they have possibly done? brought the whole police force in? please do your homework before criticizing the police force in such a serious matter...

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You mean to say that guns can be used in a responsible manner?
Yes. But I was using my statement to point out that them having all those guns doesn't make them better off than anyone else. And are you proposing that even the slightest minority of people who own guns in the US use them responsibly?

I'll leave it at that if you're calling me a troll. G'day DM/thread.
I asked you if you were arguing like a blockhead on purpose, there's a big difference. A word of advice: don't twist someone's words or take them out of context when you argue, it doesn't get your point across and makes you look like a... well, you know.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
but of course, the president still has to make mention of the fact that he thinks everyone has the right to bear arms

In other news, I hear people are going to start blaming the movies that this kid apparently is copying. Everyone is always looking for someone or something to blame, and it's rather stupid. So he got ideas from a movie, so what? Everyone gets ideas from things that catch their attention, excuse those certain individuals who express their ideas on film. -_-

Anyway, I had a friend that was in the class building during the 2nd shooting, I went to high school with him. He says one of his cadets from his class that is in his ROTC group is still unaccounted for. Or at least that's news from him from Tuesday. Haven't heard from him since =\

This is really tragic. I agree Liviu should be remembered as one of the most important victim; he saved an entire classroom from Cho.

Cho obviously has mental and emotional defects: depression, autism, and resentment. But he was picked on by his racist class. For some reason, I figured this out when they announced the killer was Asian 0_o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)