Guzzlord Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Guzzlord

Dark/Dragon
Abilities: Beast Boost
HP: 233
Atk: 101
Def: 53
SpAtk: 97
SpDef: 53
Spe: 43

Level Up

L1 - Belch
L1 - Wide Guard
L1 - Swallow
L1 - Stockpile
L1 - Dragon Rage
L1 - Bite
L7 - Stomp
L13 - Brutal Swing
L19 - Steamroller
L23 - Dragon Tail
L29 - Iron Tail
L31 - Stomping Tantrum
L37 - Crunch
L43 - Hammer Arm
L47 - Thrash
L53 - Gastro Acid
L59 - Heavy Slam
L67 - Wring Out
L73 - Dragon Rush

TMs

TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Smack Down
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Sludge Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM56 - Fling
TM59 - Brutal Swing
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM95 - Snarl
TM97 - Dark Pulse
Tutor

Draco Meteor

Stockpile....might be usable on this? I have no idea.

Super fat but garbage defense stats other than HP, and lackluster offenses.

Movepool is "eh" as well.

Hitting this in the calc lab, this thing with max HP sits at the top of fat mons, an abominable 712 HP. Combine this with Stockpile or Rest and watch the surrenders flow in. THis one's Beast Boosts also increases its attack per kill, so you can in theory invest fully in HP and defenses and still have a decent glacier a la Curselax.

Hoping this one will end up not being broken because it's my fave outta the UB's. I mean that HP stat and typing are just everything.

Hitting this in the calc lab, this thing with max HP sits at the top of fat mons, an abominable 712 HP. Combine this with Stockpile or Rest and watch the surrenders flow in. THis one's Beast Boosts also increases its attack per kill, so you can in theory invest fully in HP and defenses and still have a decent glacier a la Curselax.
No that cant be right chansey maxes out at 704 and has base 250.

This pokemon looks really cool and stockpile could be a lategame wincon. It has good bulk but its slow has many nasty weaknesses and is pretty weak when it comes to UBs.

This UB is pretty awful. Retarded stat distribution, zero utility, outsped by common walls without large speed investment, doesn't even hit that hard. Thoroughly outclassed by Hydreigon. RU at very best, maybe BL3.

No that cant be right chansey maxes out at 704 and has base 250.

This pokemon looks really cool and stockpile could be a lategame wincon. It has good bulk but its slow has many nasty weaknesses and is pretty weak when it comes to UBs.
Oh dang your right. I must have misinput the number during calc. New calc shows it reaches 650 HP instead, which is still an obscene amount of bulk.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
This thing is REALLY bulky, but that's about it

252+ Atk Snorlax Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 114-135 (27.1 - 32.1%)
252+ Atk Snorlax Return vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Guzzlord: 187-222 (30.8 - 36.5%)

252+ SpA Sheer Force Mega Camerupt Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Guzzlord: 262-309 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Mega Camerupt Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 258-304 (61.4 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's bulkier than the standard mixed wall hippowdon, but Im not sure if it can do all that much with its bulk. Most of the types it resists will carry a stinging coverage move, and it doesn't have the healing that hippowdon relies on. If this thing had a healing move and knock off, I could see a recover / dragon tail / knock off / gyro ball set doing some serious damage and shuffling, but it lacks those tools.

Oh dang your right. I must have misinput the number during calc. New calc shows it reaches 650 HP instead, which is still an obscene amount of bulk.
Its bulk isnt anything special its not like cresselia. It has a little more bulk than Wobbuffet but the load of weaknesses make it easily 2koed by a SE hit or OHKOed with a fairy move.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
The best Pokemon to compare this guy's bulk to appears to be Wobbuffet.

190/33/58/33/58/33 vs 233/101/53/97/53/43

Also, this guy learns tail moves. Is there a pic of him that shows his tail?

Its bulk isnt anything special its not like cresselia. It has a little more bulk than Wobbuffet but the load of weaknesses make it easily 2koed by a SE hit or OHKOed with a fairy move.
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 262-309 (59.1 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Guzzlord: 433-510 (64.7 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Wobbuffet: 412-486 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It falls more or less halfway between Cresselia and Wobbuffet, so it's better than you're making it out to be. I think a RestTalk Shuffler set will be good, plus it can blanket check a lot of stuff.

Man, I wanted this to be good. But it's slow with no recovery and decent offenses.

Some sort of SubShuffle set might be good, since your subs are enormous.

I could definitely see this thing putting in work on bulky offense teams and will be excited to use it in UU. Pity it doesn't get recovery but rest talk is always there I guess (poor komala). RIP in no Knock Off either, at least it's slow enough to use Payback effectively if you want to use that instead of Crunch. Looks to be heavy as hell so at least you can smack fairies with 120 BP Heavy Slam on the switch-in.

I was messing around with possible sets for Guzzlord and found something interesting:

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 180 SpD / 4 Spe (if Calm) or 72 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe (if Bold)
Calm or Bold Nature
IVs: 21 Atk / 0 SpA
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The moveset itself isn't really innovative as it has been used multiple times in the past. The weird part resides in the EVs, natures and IVS of the set. With 252 Def / 180+ SpDef or 180+ Def / 252 SpDef, Guzzlord obtains 205 in both defenses. However, even without any investment, both of its offensive stats are greater than 205 (with neutral natures, 238 and 230 respectively). To solve this problem, the Atk stat must be lowered down to 205 by giving Guzzlord either a Calm or Bold Nature (depending on the chosen EV spread) and by reducing its Atk IV to 21, and the SpAtk stat must lowered down to 205 and below by reducing its SpAtk IV to 0-6.

Why all those specific spread shenanigans? Well, If Guzzlord does get a KO by repeatedly shuffling and Toxic-stalling the opposing team, Beast Boost will activate and boost its Atk, Def and SpDef stats by one stage, making it even more dangerous and hard to take down!

I only hope that Beast Boost actually works that way when some stats possess the same value and that this kind of set will be a legitimate option for Guzzlord.

Last edited:
I was messing aroung with possible sets for Guzzlord and found something interesting:

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 180 SpD / 4 Spe (if Calm) or 72 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe (if Bold)
Calm or Bold Nature
IVs: 21 Atk / 0 SpA
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The moveset itself isn't really innovative as it has been used multiple times in the past. The weird part resides in the EVs, natures and IVS of the set. With 252 Def / 180+ SpDef or 180+ Def / 252 SpDef, Guzzlord obtains 205 in both defenses. However, even without any investment, both of its offensive stats are greater than 205 (with neutral natures, 238 and 230 respectively). To solve this problem, the Atk stat must be lowered down to 205 by giving Guzzlord either a Calm or Bold Nature (depending on the chosen EV spread) and by reducing its Atk IV to 21, and the SpAtk stat must lowered down to 205 and below by reducing its SpAtk IV to 0-6.

Why all those specific spread shenanigans? Well, If Guzzlord does get a KO by repeatedly shuffling and Toxic-stalling the opposing team, Beast Boost will activate and boost its Atk, Def and SpDef stats by one stage, making it even more dangerous and hard to take down!

I only hope that Beast Boost actually works that way when some stats possess the same value and that this kind of set will be a legitimate option for Guzzlord.
The only thing I don't like about this set is how easily wallable it by Fairy and Steel types. If you have a teammate handling Toxic/Toxic Spikes, you can have Guzzlord use Heavy Slam or Flamethrower instead of Toxic.

The only thing I don't like about this set is how easily wallable it by Fairy and Steel types. If you have a teammate handling Toxic/Toxic Spikes, you can have Guzzlord use Heavy Slam or Flamethrower instead of Toxic.
Guzzlord isn't supposed to take on Fairy-type mons (and Steel-types tbh):

0- Atk Guzzlord Heavy Slam (120BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 158-186 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can't expect a Pokémon to take out every (or most) opposing mons with a typing, stat distribution or role advantage. That's what teammates are for.

Tory

Banned deucer.
I was messing around with possible sets for Guzzlord and found something interesting:

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Crunch/Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I can see this as a wall against Amoonguss, Gengar, Heatran (without Taunt), Jirachi, Mega Metagross (without Ice Punch and Hammer Arm), Mew, Serperior, Talonflame, Tangrowth, and Zapdos (without Hidden Power Ice).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)