Hackmons Common Offensive Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the mishap xD

So I've been playing hackmons for around six months now, and I've battled everyone from DarkSouls to DaFeebasArmy! I have to admit, I'm not all that great at it, but it's amazingly reliant on strategy and sets... I personally use a bunch of sets from BH on my team, but thats just personal preference...

Offensive Threats:

Deoxys-Speed

(No Guard OHKO)

Probably one of the most encountered starters in the whole meta, Deoxys-S's unmatchable speed paired with no guard and OHKO's is a huge threat. Immidiately taking any pokemon not lucky enough to pack wonder guard or a substitute, and amazingly, it can withstand a few sucker punches. Paired with a focus sash to withstand any other OHKO's coming its way, it's earned a well deserved spot at the front of this list.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus sash / Choice scarf
Ability: No guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Forest's Curse
- Milk Drink / Magic coat
- Fissure / Extremespeed

Mewtwo-Mega-Y

(Turboblaze Tail Glow)

The pokemon with the highest Special Attack in the whole National Dex, MMY is one of the best Turboblazers in the Meta. A single tail glow brings its already behemoth Special Attack to a whopping 1338 with a boosted nature, it can 2HKO almost any pokemon in the meta, excluding a Max-Defense shuckle. The Pokemon's psystrike already has 100 power, only increasing with a Tail glow. Another pair of moves to pack are Boomburst and Bug Buzz, the latter mostly used to deal with other MMY's. The only reason I added Aura Sphere to this set is to deal with a few pesky minimize users, but feel free to switch it out with something more powerful.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leftovers
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Aura Sphere

Mewtwo Mega-X

(Contrary V-Create)

Even though this is mostly a BH set, I decided to give it a worthy mention. Building up huge defenses using Contrary VC and Close combat, and even the occasional Psycho Boost, It can also Baton pass these stats to a Fast Mold Breaker or wonderguard Attacker for greater effect. It adds to Mewtwo's Bulk already, soon making it almost unKO-able.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
Adamant Nature
- V Create
- Close Combat
- Psycho Boost / Baton Pass
- Baton Pass / Substitute

Gengar-Mega

(Turboblaze SpookyPlate Judgement)

You get the point... It's one of the most annoying sets out there, and it was running rampant with Gengar. I haven't seen it in the past few weeks, but its worth a mention. Quiver Dance Raises its Special Attack and speed, while It hammers away at you with judgment and Secret sword... All paired with a substitute. This set brings back horrible memories XD.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance / Tail Glow / Substitute
- Recover

Well That does it! These are just some of the best Offensive sets I've seen and used.
Please comment any other sets that you think fit up here!

~Regi

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We don't really have a thread for regular Hackmons, and OHKO moves are banned in Balanced Hackmons. Would you like this thread to remain open? I can revert to the original version if you'd like.

We don't? That's odd.

I find Hackmons to be the most centralizing thing in the world, same 5ish threats around everywhere...

I put a hackmons thread into the OM submissions subforum earlier today (as a result of this very thread demonstrating that it was needed) because I wasn't sure if it had to be approved or something.

We don't really have a thread for regular Hackmons, and OHKO moves are banned in Balanced Hackmons. Would you like this thread to remain open? I can revert to the original version if you'd like.
Oh yeah... Thanks arctic ^.^
Luckily I saved it in a Word document, so I'll edit it back.
I think that would actually be a great idea, just converting it to a regular hackmons thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)