Hail the Sun

Listen to this song as you read: Battle theme

I wanted a Hail ubers team, and realized that it needs Mewtwo, Forretress, Giratina, and then remembered that the latter 2 are the core to a defense stall team with Groudon. Knowing Groudon supports Abamasnow's Rock weakness, and can use Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock, I immediately knew it was a great choice, especially since both Giratina-o and Mewtwo could use their fire moves with less SpA. investment, (and Mewtwo wouldn't need Fire Blast to hit hard). Overall, I knew that Groudon would be a big support. with 5/6 Pokemon already chosen, I ended up with Glaceon after seeing how useless Stallrein and Jynx were in taking advantage of Hail support. Glaceon has been doing alright Wish passing, Blizzard abusing, and Mirror Coating threats that thought it would be a 1HKO. This team has been doing well in 75% of my match-ups. Help me make it 95%!

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 SpD
Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)

- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
---

Standard DS Deoxys-S Lead. Taunts entry hazards, and outspeeds most foes, and sets up its own hazards. Stealth Rock works well to alleviate the need on my Steel types.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 204 HP/252 Spd/52 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower
- Thunder
---

Amazing! Necessary for a Hail team, since it can use Blizzard, without needing a Scarf. Mewtwo also makes good use of Aura Sphere and Flamethrower, boosted by the Drought. I used to use Calm Mind, but Recover makes Mewtwo last a long time. Trust me, it's good, and Calm Mind doesn't save Mewtwo from Choice Scarf Kyogre's Water Spout.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Pain Split
---

Necessary for a Hail team- Rapid Spin, and for overall Stall. Toxic Spikes handles Wobbafett, Blissey (uncommon), Kyogre, and opposing Mewtwo.

Most Giratina-Os carry Hidden Power Fire, and EQ hits Metagross, Jirachi, Dialga, and even Scizor harder, so its work it over Payback.

Giratina-o @ Platinum Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP/252 Atk/48 Def/8 Spd
Naive nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---

Necessary to keep rapid Spin, but couldn't decide on moveset or Nature. Pain Split owns Blissey, and helps save it when it is low on health

W-o-w isn't needed, as Giratina 1hkos Scizor, and most things are special. Outrage hits Ubers better than Draco Meteor (esp. against Calm Minders).

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 192 HP/64 Def/252 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Protect
---

My Kyogre counter. Takes 30% max from Scarf Modest Kyogre's Full powered Water Spout (say I switch this in when a Kyogre is leading vs my Groudon). I usually Leech Seed for when they switch. Scarf ice Beam does ~25% -27% damage, but with Leech Seed + Leftovers it is more like 11%.
I rarely use Wood Hammer, but it works on the rare Blissey, and obviously is there against Kyogre and Calm Minders. Helps vs Manaphy.

Skarmary (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
---

Brave Bird handles Shaymin-S, Celebi, and hits Scizor, Forretress, and opposing Abamasnows for plenty of damage. It has the ability to heal, phaze, and set up Spikes, not to mention handle Outrage and Draco Meteor thanks to the Special Defensive build.

Overall, my team is synergy. Mewtwo takes advantage of both weathers, and is my late game cleaner. He also can eat a +2 Swords Dance Life Orb Bullet Punch from Scizor, and take 87%, a 2HKO without Stealth Rocks. Additionally, he handles Dialga, Shaymin, and many others with his great movepool. (Especially Shaymin since either Weather boosts Mewtwo's attacks).

Since Mewtwo is saved for mid-late game, I do my best to build up Spikes and Toxic Spikes early on, as well as Stealth Rocks. I can then stall poison damage with Protect on my Ice types, or switching into Immunities (like Giratina, or Groudon switching into Fighting or Electric hits). Giratina spin-blocks, and handles Forretress/Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. Outrage also does a lot of damage, and Shadow Sneak helps score some KOs on weakened faster threats like Lati@s, Mewtwo, and even Lugia. Abamasnow's Leech Seed causes many more switches and heals my teammates, and ultimately helps make up for Abamasnow's low HP, Abamasnow also allows Glaceon and Mewtwo to abuse Blizzard, and Glaceon to abuse Snow Cloak.

I use Groudon as a physical attacker and status spreader, since Toxic Spikes might not be as important as slowing down, say a Scarfed Kyogre on the predicted switch-in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)