Harry Potter-The Epic Book

WARNING CAN CONTAIN SPOILERS
3000th Thread WOOT
Harry Potter By JK Rowling
A lot of people have read at least one of these books, and this thread is dedicated to all the books, discussions, movies and everything else Harry Potter related

Books
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter Encylopedia???

Movies
Ok, some of us know that the Movies have been a disappointment. But I reckon the last movie is going to be a cracker. Whats more is that it is in 2 parts!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I-Release Date: November 2010
Part II-July 2011
Trailer: HP7 Trailer
Game Trailer

Anyway here it is, a thread dedicated to Harry Potter, you can discuss your view on what happened, what you would like to have happened and how you would of liked it to happen after the aftermath
To get you started, answer some trivia, then I shall tell you a discussion question

Discussion Question

Would Albus Severus Potter go into Gryffindor/Scorpius in Slytherin?
If so why?

What is the full name of Albus Dumbledore (In Order :))?
I am such a Harry Potter fan that I can recite Dumbledore's from memory.

Full name: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

Who is the Ministry Official in the Pensieve Memory in th House of Gaunt?
Odgen? Yeah, I think it was.

Would Albus Severus Potter go into Gryffindor/Scorpius in Slytherin?
If so why?

Hell yeah, it would mean a whole new series.

Lol, it took me a while but my friend started annoying me when I was in 6th year, saying about how cool these books, are, and then I started to read them
Have you seen the trailer for the 7th movie?
Its absolutely epic!!!!!!

Yea I've seen it... it's really disappointing that it's coming out in two parts... and that the second part is coming out in 2011... GEEZ!
I wonder if fans will feel like something is missing after they watch part 1. (Like part 6 of the series. All I have in response to that movie - WTF)

True that the 6th movie was dissapointing, with the lack of action. But the directors said that this movie is in 2 parts, just so the fans can say, 'oh this actually happened in the book'
And since the book is so long, they had to make it in 2 parts
I am just glad, its full of magic and action like it should be!

Yea from what I can tell in the trailer!
However, I've never read the books, so anything I watch will definitely be interesting, whether or not they stayed true to the book, lol,

Lol, I have put in the game trailer in the first post
Whats more, is that it looks like a first person shooter
Epic, blasting Death Eaters with Stunners in a first person mode. Epic
I put the link in the first post

Oh geez they're making a game to? 0.o

... Well I guess it's kind of obvious. The only game I've ever owned which had "Harry Potter" in its name was the one for the fourth movie... I forgot the name. Oh wait, no... the one with the TriWizard Tournament thing. It was disappointing, :|

Lol, they have been dissapointing, but this seems like a real cracker, but we all know advertisements always lie. I looked at the HP6 Game Trailer, looked epic. It was Epic for the first 1 hour then it was boring
A first person shooter seems alright though?
But this thread has only had 3 different people who had posted, only 2 have read the books
No offense meant :)

A first person shooter seems good! :o But at times they annoy me and I prefer the other game play (where you can see yourself attacking whoever [don't know what that style's called])

And ok, book discussion. :)
I've only read part 5. It took incredibly long. I can say that it's definitely not the book series for some people. But Rowling sure has a talent.

Very nice, then you will be able to easily answer these questions above. Also what do you think about the trailer of the movie and game???

Just this past school year I finally finished the last book (I think it was this year..). It took me at least a year and probably more to finish so it felt like I was really going through his last year with him, heh (I'm a slow reader esp. while school is in). I hope the movies will live up to the books and have a good closer too.

Yea I've seen it... it's really disappointing that it's coming out in two parts... and that the second part is coming out in 2011... GEEZ!
I wonder if fans will feel like something is missing after they watch part 1. (Like part 6 of the series. All I have in response to that movie - WTF)
D: That one was one of my favorites. What's wrong with it?

Oh, yeah and the trailer looks cool.

Usually I complain when they piss about with the story when they make the films, because you know, they should be loyal to the books really.

But if there's one thing I beg for them to fuck about with, it's the Harry Vs Voldemort fight at the end of the last movie. That bit was such an anticlimax after the awesome Battle For Hogwarts, I really hope they make it a bit flashier.

Here's hoping after the last film there's no more Harry Potter stuff though. I really don't want it to end up like Star Wars, with sequels and prequels and extra plots chucked everywhere, it's fine as it is. Another attempt at a book would ruin it for me.

So would you oppose a book about Scorpius/Albus Severus Potter etc.
The next generation?

One more thing, you should pay more attention to the initials of characters, Rowling chooses them very well

Albus Severus Potter-ASP, it is a deadly snake, that a long time ago was used for executions

Also,Part 6 was pretty crap, I am one of the people who would rather watch more magical action
I was ready, at the movie of HP6 to experience ultimatum action, with a real duels and everything. Instead all I get is Ron smooching and Bellatrix kicking plates of tables
I mean WTF?

So would you oppose a book about Scorpius/Albus Severus Potter etc.
The next generation?
Wouldn't most people? Her storytelling deteriorated towards the end of the series and the books became padded with more filler as the interesting ideas started to run dry.

I think most people would see anything about Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy as flogging a dead horse.

One more thing, you should pay more attention to the initials of characters, Rowling chooses them very well

Albus Severus Potter-ASP, it is a deadly snake, that a long time ago was used for executions
I think that's coincidence more than anything.

Really?
My least favourite books was the first one.
Maybe I am just weird tha way,

The order of most favourite to least favourite are:

-4 Most Fav
-6 Least Fav

Thank you

SPOILER ALERT

I was extremely disappointed with the way she ended the series. Harry needed to die and stay dead. What was with that Elder Wand bullshit? DISARMING DRACO MALFOY SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE HARRY'S WAND BECOME THE ELDER WAND. FUCK.
JK built up to this epic final battle between HP and Voldemort only for Harry to win by a lame technicality. Dumbledore's death I can tolerate. Snape actually being a good guy I can tolerate. THAT ENDING WAS CRAP.
Props for the Potters naming their son Albus, though. :)

END SPOILER ALERT/RANT

I think the books got progressively better, except that the last book is better than the fourth, but worse than the fifth. I'm thinking of re-reading the last three books, because when I was younger I re-read the first four books four times each. The movies also keep getting better and better (the first four sucked, though) and I'm quite looking forward to the release of the first half of The Deathly Hallows.
I have mixed feelings about the fact that I know the answers to most of your questions.
Concerning the discussion question: How could the Potter kids be in anything but Gryffindor?

I wanted to throw down the book in disgust when Molly Weasly killed Bellatrix Lestrange.

I mean seriously? Molly kills Bellatrix? A housewife who never displays any magical aptitude besides spells for cooking/cleaning, defeats the most powerful dark witch of her time?

A witch who not only killed Sirius Black, but also bested Kingsley Shacklebolt and even managed to deflect a spell from Dumbledore, which no other Death Eater was able to do?

Yeah. Right.

I don't think it'll be as bad in the film however - Bellatrix doesn't seem to be portrayed as powerful in the movies as she is in the books.

I thought JK Rowling emphasised the fact that 'the power of love' is very very very powerful. The fact that her only daughter was nearly killed. And you have to remember that she was laughing while she was duelling Molly, which means she clearly underestimated her. That gave her an advantage
Kingsley was under a lot of pressure, and he was duelling not for love, but to help everyone else
Are you telling me, if your only daughter was nearly killed by someone evil witch, are you telling me that you would think about something, your supposed to go in there do your best, with not a thought in the world except for protecting your daughter
All Death Eaters fear death, so while Bellatrix played cautiously, underestimatedly, Molly went in with her guts alone.
Sirius was plain wreckless, literally the stupidest thing. But hey what can you say? He was stuck in an old house for 1 year

But the fact that Dean, and Parvati and other brave idiots can brave up and stand their ground against fully grown wizards? I dont think so. Harry Potte and his gang are an exception

But hey this is Harry Potter Series, not 1000 ways to make money :)

To answer the discussion question...

I can see Albus Severus Potter being sorted into Gryffindor just because he doesn't want to take crap from his brother and because he wants to fit in with his family's trend. As we all know, the Sorting Hat takes your opinion into consideration when sorting, and I think Albus Severus is still too young and stubborn to put aside his own feelings and leave it completely up to the Sorting Hat. Basically, he's still at the ripe young age where, to him, the opinion and acceptance of others far outweigh his true self. As Dumbledore himself said, maybe they do sort too early (as seen in the case of Snape being sorted into Slytherin when years later, he ends up being the bravest man Harry knew). Not that I'm saying Albus Severus would definitely be sorted into Slytherin if he didn't choose Gryffindor (we know far too little about him)... I'm just saying that it's very likely that he would pick Gryffindor based on the information provided in the epilogue.

As for Scorpius being sorted into Slytherin... it's sort of iffy because we know almost nothing about him other than the fact that both Malfoy and his wife were Slytherins, so let's take a look at Malfoy.

While Malfoy was quite the asshole, I don't think he was necessarily stupid. Therefore, I think by the end of the Battle of Hogwarts, he had fully regretted becoming a Death Eater, realized and accepted that Voldemort was wrong/evil, and that family and love are important. The adult Malfoy more than likely feels ashamed of his past and is truly a better person now, but still has not relinquished his Slytherin pride (the house itself doesn't stand for evil, after all). I think all of this explains him being on at least civil terms with Harry and marrying another Slytherin.

All of that being said, going back to Scorpius, I think it's likely that Scorpius will be sorted into Slytherin because Malfoy and his wife probably raised him to be proud about Slytherin. The difference between young Malfoy and Scorpius would be that while both are proud to Slytherins, Scorpius will not show the stereotypically negative traits that are usually associated with Slytherins. (The young age argument that I used for Albus Severus applies to Scorpius as well.)

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1)What is Harry Potter's middle name?

James?

2)What was the creature that was in pain, when Harry met Dumbledore in Limbo, in the last book?

Idk.

3)Who was the first holder of the Elder Wand?

Antioch Peverell, Death
4)What is the name of the wizard, whom Ron impersonated using Polyjuice potion, in the Ministry of Magic?

Idk.

5)Which country is Hogwarts in?

Britain.

6)Describe the potion which allowed Harry to go to Quirrelll in the first book? (The race to the Philosopher's Stone, the room where there is a riddle to solve which potion to choose)

It was a riddle; there were 7 potions and there were poisons, some wine, a potion that drove you backwards, and a potion that drove you forwards.

7)What is the name of the plant, which Harry and co. had to fight, in the first stage to getting the Philosopher's Stone (Past the 3 headed Dog)

Devil's Snare

8)What is the name of the three headed dog, which Hagrid owns?

Fluffy

9)Name the 3 Unforgivable Curses

Cruciatus, torture
Avada Kedavra, death
Imperius, hypnosis

10)What is the name of Voldemort's Parents and Granparents?

Gaunts / Riddles

Unknown Mother, Marvolo Gaunt -- Unknown Riddles
Merope Gaunt -- Tom Riddle

11)What is the name of Ron's son and daughter

Rose, Hugo

12)Did Voldemort have a chance, to put himself back together right at the end of the book?

Yes, Remorse

13)Is Nagini a girl or boy snake?

Girl

14)What is the name of Voldemort's uncle on his mother's side?

Morfin Gaunt

15)How old is Dumbledore when Harry was born?

How am I supposed to know this?

HARD QUESTIONS

1)What is the name of the girl and boy whom Tom Riddle tormented when he was at the orphanage

Idk.

2)Did Snape know about Draco Malfoy's plot to kill Dumbledore, before Narcissa looked to him for help?

No.

3)What is the name of the creature which was in the corner of the room, when Harry was at Hogwarts?

I don't understand this question. But if you mean what was in the corner of Lupin's office the first time Harry went in there, it was a grindylow.

4)What were the last words Dumbledore told Kingsley and Lupin, before he died (HINT: These word concerned Harry)

"Trust Harry. He is our last hope." (I read HP7 very recently)

5)How did Viktor Krum pronounce Hermionie's name in the Goblet of Fire?

Herm-own-ninny

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Trivia questions don't spark discussion. Please discuss Harry Potter without answering objective questions with one word/line answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)