Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I've just got Pokebank on my Jap 3DS, after I connected to the internet and the lady talked for the first time, I was led to a loading screen saying something like "Starting procedure for Pokemon Bank use, please don't turn off power", but then it gave me Error code 006-0112 and brought me back to the start screen and I can't get past it. Can anyone who has bank help?

I have a question concerning the Legendary Beasts in HG/SS. If you manage to corner and catch one and are discontent with the nature, would resetting to a point before the capture/encounter change it's nature?

For example, assume I've met Entei/Raikou before and saved. I corner them a time after that, capture, and check their nature without saving after capturing them. Will their nature be the same because I've encountered them once before or will it be random again?
the nature and IVs for the dogs are set when you encounter them in the bottom of the burned tower. so you would have to have saved just before you enter the bottom level of the tower for the natures to be changed. not sure about KOing them though

Alright so I've just got Pokebank on my Jap 3DS, after I connected to the internet and the lady talked for the first time, I was led to a loading screen saying something like "Starting procedure for Pokemon Bank use, please don't turn off power", but then it gave me Error code 006-0112 and brought me back to the start screen and I can't get past it. Can anyone who has bank help?
servers are busy from everyone trying to download it

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...p?error_code=006-0112&system=3DS&locale=en_US

We wonder what the fastest hatching species with a gender ratio weighed towards male is. That's in order to determine the current egg spread as fast as possible. Does anyone know?

To be a bit more specific: Togepi had that position with 2651 steps. We can assume that the 6th gen starters have the same step counter as the old ones (5120) but what about the new fossil Pokemon?

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We wonder what the fastest hatching species with a gender ratio weighed towards male is. That's in order to determine the current egg spread as fast as possible. Does anyone know?

To be a bit more specific: Togepi had that position with 2651 steps. We can assume that the 6th gen starters have the same step counter as the old ones (5120) but what about the new fossil Pokemon?
Why does it need to be male-weighted for this? I've determined egg spreads with Magikarps just fine. Unless you need gender too, in that case just stick with Togepis.

Can a trusted member let me trade them my Manectric, have them teach it Volt Switch, and then trade it back to me, please?

Been away from these forums for a while...

So I just heard recently that alongside the Friend Safari, there are a number of places/methods where you can obtain Pokemon with 2 or more perfect IV's. What I didn't know was that, among these, were baby Pokemon that can be caught in the wild. Are there any other instances where such IV's are generated, or is that it?

Last edited:
Been away from these forums for a while...

So I just heard recently that alongside the Friend Safari, there are a number of places/methods where you can obtain Pokemon with 2 or more perfect IV's. What I didn't know was that, among these, were baby Pokemon that can be caught in the wild. Are there any other instances where such IV's are generated, or is that it?
Apparently it extends to every Pokemon in the Undiscovered Group, those who are unable to breed - which includudes legendaries, babies and Nidorina (technically, also Nidoqueen, though you cannot catch it).

I have a theory that this happens with pokemon that are unable to breed, not because they are babies. This is why lengendaries and baby-pokemon both have more than 3 perfect IV's, when caught. I just caught a Nidorina, to test this theory, and it did indeed have 3 perfect IV's.
This is a list of pokemon that are unable to breed: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/noeggs.shtml
By the way, we have also caught a Nidorina with 3 perfect IVs. Coincident?

I know that sometimes, for a Special attacker, it's preferred that the Pokémon has a low Physical Attack IV; one instance in which it would help is if the Pokémon were to become confused in battle (so it would do less damage to itself). Is there any instance in which one would prefer a low Special Attack IV on a Physical attacker?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I know that sometimes, for a Special attacker, it's preferred that the Pokémon has a low Physical Attack IV; one instance in which it would help is if the Pokémon were to become confused in battle (so it would do less damage to itself). Is there any instance in which one would prefer a low Special Attack IV on a Physical attacker?
No. There are no moves that the foe uses with your special attack (such as Foul Play for Physical ones) and Confusion damage as you said is physical. It basically doesn't matter for that IV on a physical attacker.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know this'll make me seem like a noob, it might not belong here, but i have tried everywhere, multiple websites, just to ask for this. (if it is in the wrong place, can someone tell me where to put it)

Does any one have a ditto safari!?!!!!!!! It seems either no one does, or they are full up.

My safari is sandshrew, nincada and gastrodon, pls pm/vm if you have a ditto safari.

I know this'll make me seem like a noob, it might not belong here, but i have tried everywhere, multiple websites, just to ask for this. (if it is in the wrong place, can someone tell me where to put it)

Does any one have a ditto safari!?!!!!!!! It seems either no one does, or they are full up.

My safari is sandshrew, nincada and gastrodon, pls pm/vm if you have a ditto safari.
You should take a look at the Friend Safari IRC Channel and Spreadsheet and take a look at the registered Ditto safaris - you are a bit late and a lot of people already have every kind of safaris already registered, especially the Ditto people. Good luck

If I evolve my Eevee with Baton Pass into say, Umbreon, and then delete Baton Pass, can I get it back from the move relearner? Or is it gone forever?

If I evolve my Eevee with Baton Pass into say, Umbreon, and then delete Baton Pass, can I get it back from the move relearner? Or is it gone forever?
Looks like this generation the Pokemon's eggmoves are actually saved. You would know if you were around when Instacheck was working.

May we extend your question? If people transfer a Pokemon via Pokebank, does it register potential egg moves or not?

Looks like this generation the Pokemon's eggmoves are actually saved. You would know if you were around when Instacheck was working.

May we extend your question? If people transfer a Pokemon via Pokebank, does it register potential egg moves or not?
I am pretty sure it is gone forever, IceBeam. Baton Pass is not an egg move on Eevee, it's a move that Eevee can learn but his evolutions cannot, and I believe that those are still lost forever.

Hey All.

First time attempting to IV breed on a specific monster. Basically, what I am after is a 4 (5 if possible, modest Zweilous). I have the modest nature on a male zweilous. The challenge is breeding down the IV's.

I've read throught the guide published by TheMantyke and whilst it's fantastic, i'm still having trouble :S

I figured the first step is to get the IV's on to something that can breed with zweilous' egg group -- Charmander as it is part dragon and classified in the egg group.

The IV's i'd like to combine via breeding are:

upload_2014-1-28_13-38-46.png

Is it correct to assume the following combination will have this effect:

1) Ditto 1 (Destiny Knot) + Charizard = Charm1 31/x/x/x/x/31
2) Ditto 2 (Destiny Knot) + Charm1 = Charm 2 31/x/x/31/31/31
3) Charm2[F*] (Destiny Knot) + Zweilous[M] Modest (Everstone) = 4IV Deino (Modest)

[F*] Obviously for this part, I will need to breed until I can get a female.

A few questions that I have on actually getting to the final outcome.

1) Does the destiny knot always pass down any perfect IV's on the holding Mon?
2) Is there anything i've missed? So far, i'm only getting 1IV Charm's and that is coming from the Charizard, NOT Ditto 1 with 2?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Firstly, you need a female Zweilous and Male Charmander to breed Deino as the babies species is determined by the mother not father.
Secondly, if you're going to use Ditto as parents, why not just make them breed straight away with the Zweilous and cut out the Charmander in the meantime?
Thirdly, the destiny knot passes down 5 IVs from both parents regardless of who is holding it, so the offspring can get a combination passed down from either parent, this isn't restricted to perfect IVs either, so you can still inherit junk IVs as well.

If for example you have your Ditto 1 breed with Zweilous:

Ditto: 31/26/13/10/8/31
Zweilous: 15/16/2 / 5 /6/28

Hypothetically the baby could be:

31 / 16 / 13 / 10 / 6 / 20

It inherited 5 IVs from the parents, the one that didn't get inherited got generated randomly. You've just gotta keep doing this until you get both the HP and speed from the ditto. According to this calculator you have a 17.1875% for that to happen. Then you can change Ditto 1 for Ditto 2. Except trying to go from 31/x/x/x/x/31 and x/x/x/31/31/x to 31/x/x/31/31/31 is only a 2.3438% chance. If you hatch a 3IV Deino (6.6406% chance) swap that for the Deino parent. Then to go from 3IV and 2IV parents to a 4IV baby is 4.6224%. So it takes a lot of patience and a lot of hatching but you'll get there eventually. The very first breeding project is alway the hardest because you don't have good parents to start with. The best way to get a jump on it is to look for stuff for trade. People send out their 3-4 IV offspring they don't need over WT so you could get lucky there. Otherwise you could ask around here if anyone has any good parents. I might even have some good deino from my breeding project with them!

Firstly, you need a female Zweilous and Male Charmander to breed Deino as the babies species is determined by the mother not father.
Secondly, if you're going to use Ditto as parents, why not just make them breed straight away with the Zweilous and cut out the Charmander in the meantime?
Thirdly, the destiny knot passes down 5 IVs from both parents regardless of who is holding it, so the offspring can get a combination passed down from either parent, this isn't restricted to perfect IVs either, so you can still inherit junk IVs as well.

If for example you have your Ditto 1 breed with Zweilous:

Ditto: 31/26/13/10/8/31
Zweilous: 15/16/2 / 5 /6/28

Hypothetically the baby could be:

31 / 16 / 13 / 10 / 6 / 20

It inherited 5 IVs from the parents, the one that didn't get inherited got generated randomly. You've just gotta keep doing this until you get both the HP and speed from the ditto. According to this calculator you have a 17.1875% for that to happen. Then you can change Ditto 1 for Ditto 2. Except trying to go from 31/x/x/x/x/31 and x/x/x/31/31/x to 31/x/x/31/31/31 is only a 2.3438% chance. If you hatch a 3IV Deino (6.6406% chance) swap that for the Deino parent. Then to go from 3IV and 2IV parents to a 4IV baby is 4.6224%. So it takes a lot of patience and a lot of hatching but you'll get there eventually. The very first breeding project is alway the hardest because you don't have good parents to start with. The best way to get a jump on it is to look for stuff for trade. People send out their 3-4 IV offspring they don't need over WT so you could get lucky there. Otherwise you could ask around here if anyone has any good parents. I might even have some good deino from my breeding project with them!
Cheers Mate. It did clear some stuff up, I omitted that I also wanted a better Charizard (for Mega X) as my current one only had speed. Also, as it serves the purpose for the dragon type I was hoping to have this for the Zweilos breeding. It's a bit messy as it is my first attempt. I've got 3IV charm now, in with a ditto with 1 additional unique IV -- then I will try and refine it further to 5 if I get a little too greedy ;)

I've also mapped up the additonal ditto's and the main charmander to help keep track.
upload_2014-1-28_16-11-50.png

My biggest mistake was assuming that it's a guaranteed that the perfect IV's were passed down. Wasn't I mistaken :P

THank you soo much for the help -- if you're interested in a 4 - 5IV char let me know and i'll give you one for your trouble.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cheers Mate. It did clear some stuff up, I omitted that I also wanted a better Charizard (for Mega X) as my current one only had speed. Also, as it serves the purpose for the dragon type I was hoping to have this for the Zweilos breeding. It's a bit messy as it is my first attempt. I've got 3IV charm now, in with a ditto with 1 additional unique IV -- then I will try and refine it further to 5 if I get a little too greedy ;)

I've also mapped up the additonal ditto's and the main charmander to help keep track.
View attachment 8012

My biggest mistake was assuming that it's a guaranteed that the perfect IV's were passed down. Wasn't I mistaken :P

THank you soo much for the help -- if you're interested in a 4 - 5IV char let me know and i'll give you one for your trouble.
hmmm the only problem I can see is that if you're breeding for a Char-X spread I think it's safe to assume you'll want a more physical spread (something like 31/31/31/x/31/31) while the Deino will probably end up being special (31/x/31/31/31/31) so you'll need to get the perfect SpA IV from somewhere. So I would try breeding a female Deino with Ditto 3 until you get a female with at least x/x/x/31/31/31 to breed with your (hopefully) 31/31/31/x/31/31 Charmander. With those parents you have a ~9% chance to get a 4IV Deino and a ~2% chance to get that perfect 5IV one. If you hatch a 4IV female Deino you can swap that for the 3IV parent to increase your chances (always replace a parent if you breed a better baby)

Just Remember that once you get a few parents with 4-5IV spreads then it becomes way easier to start new breeding projects, so hang in there, it's worth it

and thanks for the offer but I've already got 5IV Charmanders (with Solar Power) and Deino. If you get bored of breeding send me a PM :) happy to help out even if all I get is a new friend safari / partner for multi battles in the Maison

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok, i am a newbie at breeding, but i think i know what i'm doing.

In the daycare i have a:
Fletchling w/ everstone, adamant, 31 / x / x / x / 31 / x (gale wings)
Ditto w/ destiny knot, nvm, x / 31 / x / x / x / 31

I have bread quite a few eggs, and so far, they have been gale wings, adamant, but only 31 / x / x / x / x / x OR x / x / x / x / x / 31

Am i doing some thing wrong, or am i just unlucky?

Edit: it must of been luck, i just got a 31 / 31 / x / x / 31 / 31 adamant gale wings!

Last edited:
ok, i am a newbie at breeding, but i think i know what i'm doing.

In the daycare i have a:
Fletchling w/ everstone, adamant, 31 / x / x / x / 31 / x (gale wings)
Ditto w/ destiny knot, nvm, x / 31 / x / x / x / 31

I have bread quite a few eggs, and so far, they have been gale wings, adamant, but only 31 / x / x / x / x / x OR x / x / x / x / x / 31

Am i doing some thing wrong, or am i just unlucky?
Unlucky with the odds stacked against you to begin with.
Each stat has only a 50% chance of passing down from the 31 IV parent, and on top of that you have one stat that is still being rolled.

You might do well to poke around on the trade forum or IRC to see if anyone has any Flying group spitbacks. The Friend Safari IRC channel usually has plenty of breeders on so you should be able to pick up a 4IV pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)