Haxorus

So I've been seeing this guy pop up everywhere recently...what happened to all the
(apologize for the caps, but its to get my point across)

"ITS TO SLOW, IT SUCKS, IT HAS TERRIBLE DEFENSES, IT DIES TO ANYTHING!11!"

And yet now I'm seeing it everywhere...

Garchomp outclassing it and now being gone is another reason i believe, as its still a hard-hitting Dragon type, although the 5 point speed difference between him and Chomp and the fact that he doesn't have Sand Veil means he probably isn't going to be nominated for a ban anytime soon.

Yeah Haxorus pairs well with magnezone trapping and taking out key Steels and letting your Haxorus out on a Rampage.

I still think Haxorus does Taunt+SD stallbreaking the best. Give it Lum to safeguard against Scald, HP, and enough speed to outspeed a good amount of bulky offense, and have fun from there.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
232 HP/144 Atk/132 Spe
Adamant / Mold Breaker

Taunt
Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake

Stall quakes in fear at this thing. Lum lets it switch in to a Toxic/Thunder Wave/Wisp and then Taunt as it tries to status you again, and it's also good insurance vs. Scald. Expressly anti-stall, since it sacrifices speed for the ability to set up vs. weaker attacks. Outspeeds +Spe 70s, though less speed and more defense isn't a bad idea. Taunt+DD should use the EVs 232 HP/ 200 Atk/ 76Spe to outspeed 120s at +1 and scarfed 100s at +2.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of anti-stall, I wonder if Double Dance Haxorus would work? With Dragon Fang and Adamant Nature, +2 Outrage can 2HKO Skarmory with SR up. After Skarmory falls to the initial SD onslaught, Haxorus could come in mid/late-game and set up DD to sweep.

The only pokemon that would still give Haxorus issues would be Ferrothorn, who can wear it down with powerful STAB Gyro Balls, Leech Seed + Protect + Iron Barbs, or Thunder Wave.

and lets say he switches out.

what in the world is gunna take a +2 outrage?

ferrothorn? 2HKOED?

heatran? Ohkoed
scizor? Ohkoed

bronzong is 2hkoed
gliscor is ohkoed
jirachi is 2hkoed i think.
metagros.... 2hkoed i think.

if skarmory out of all steels is 2hkoedby outrage, what kind of a steel would switch in?

lol steel/steel pokemon would be so funny.

while it does X4 resist dragon, its X4 weak to ground fire and fighting.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Speaking of anti-stall, I wonder if Double Dance Haxorus would work? With Dragon Fang and Adamant Nature, +2 Outrage can 2HKO Skarmory with SR up. After Skarmory falls to the initial SD onslaught, Haxorus could come in mid/late-game and set up DD to sweep.

The only pokemon that would still give Haxorus issues would be Ferrothorn, who can wear it down with powerful STAB Gyro Balls, Leech Seed + Protect + Iron Barbs, or Thunder Wave.
This is exactly what I came to this thread to ask about.

I normally don't use Haxorus, but I decided to take Earthworm's World Cup team for a spin on the PO Server (Only playing there until Smogon updates Healing Wish) and I knew all his spreads except his Haxorus' so I assumed it was Dragon Dance. As I'm going through the motions to make a standard Dragon Dance set, I start thinking about Brick Break and how little Haxorus needs it and I thought "Why do I have to choose between Speed and Power when he can Double Dance? Brick Break has no use other than hurting Balloon Heatran/Excadrill and Ferrothorn and, even at +2, Ferro's only 2HKO'd by Brick Break which EQ already does. Why waste that moveslot?"

I don't know if it's common as I've never seen a Double Dancing Haxorus but so far, it's working really well. Like far better than any other time I've tried Haxorus. Run into Stall? Swords Dance. All-out Offense? Dragon Up!™

Is there a reason this isn't a common thing or is it just that most teams benefit more from the Choice Sets?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know Double Dancing Haxorus was used some during WCOP but it is by no means common. I pretty much reached the same conclusion you did; if I'm going to use a boosting Haxorus, I might as well use Double Dance.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is exactly what I came to this thread to ask about.

I normally don't use Haxorus, but I decided to take Earthworm's World Cup team for a spin on the PO Server (Only playing there until Smogon updates Healing Wish) and I knew all his spreads except his Haxorus' so I assumed it was Dragon Dance. As I'm going through the motions to make a standard Dragon Dance set, I start thinking about Brick Break and how little Haxorus needs it and I thought "Why do I have to choose between Speed and Power when he can Double Dance? Brick Break has no use other than hurting Balloon Heatran/Excadrill and Ferrothorn and, even at +2, Ferro's only 2HKO'd by Brick Break which EQ already does. Why waste that moveslot?"

I don't know if it's common as I've never seen a Double Dancing Haxorus but so far, it's working really well. Like far better than any other time I've tried Haxorus. Run into Stall? Swords Dance. All-out Offense? Dragon Up!™

Is there a reason this isn't a common thing or is it just that most teams benefit more from the Choice Sets?
Oh, I used Double Dance Haxorus back then. It was relatively cool, though the official Haxorus analysis didn't take it well, which is understandable.

This isn't a common thing because it simply isn't getting enough credit or publicity, I believe. Some flaws with the set include being outsped by Sand Rush Excadrill (I mean, who isn't?) and having some problems with Thunder Wave (or Gyro Ball) Ferrothorn in general. I'll admit, I'm more afraid of switching into a possible Choiced Outrage rather than trying to stop a read-to-sweep Haxorus.

Speaking of which, maybe I should suggest Double Dance Haxorus again in an official set. If Earthworm could make it cool, I guess...

Well, I think everyone can atleast agree, unless your oppenent is running something that just happens to have a dragon or ice move, and it happens to be scarfed or priority(which I don't think there is a priority move for dragon or ice)
Then Haxorus will get the revenge kill with outrage every time(there are exceptions thought, such as running something with a high def that is steel, like Registeel(but that is so rare there is no need to worry,or if that is the case, no need to use haxorus in the first place)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Issssssssss this your set?

name: Double Dancer
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Outrage
move 4: Earthquake
item: Lum Berry / Draco Plate
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 36 hp / 252 atk / 220 spe

Yeah SDS should me this set way back in july and undisputed used it during his SPL match too. At first I was like "lol?" but it quickly became one of my Haxorus sets of all time. All of the power of a CB set but with added flexibility. Is Gliscor / steel type giving you trouble? SD up and watch as their defensive cores scramble to check you. I like using a Lum Berry because you can avoid status from annoying Pokemon (hell, you can even use Rotom-W as set up fodder) and you can avoid Outrage confusion.

I know it sounds contrived but waaay back when Haxorus was qc checked I really did think it was gimmick, but this set definitely deserves a spot on the Haxorus analysis. Its beastly.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Issssssssss this your set?

name: Double Dancer
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Outrage
move 4: Earthquake
item: Lum Berry / Draco Plate
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 40 hp / 252 atk / 220 spe

Yeah SDS should me this set way back in july and undisputed used it during his SPL match too. At first I was like "lol?" but it quickly became one of my Haxorus sets of all time. All of the power of a CB set but with added flexibility. Is Gliscor / steel type giving you trouble? SD up and watch as their defensive cores scramble to check you. I like using a Lum Berry because you can avoid status from annoying Pokemon (hell, you can even use Rotom-W as set up fodder) and you can avoid Outrage confusion.

I know it sounds contrived but waaay back when Haxorus was qc checked I really did think it was gimmick, but this set definitely deserves a spot on the Haxorus analysis. Its beastly.
you know this is a good idea, there's really nothing to do with the last moveslot so why not put swords dance there. it helps hax BREAK skarmory in half. I support double dance hax a lot and i will playtest it to see how it does

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)