Hitmonlee

I've been looking around the subforum for a thread for him, and turns out there isn't one on him (there was one for chan lol)

Really should deserve one now that his DW ability is released

MEGA KICK

HP: 50
Attack: 120
Defense: 53
Special Attack: 35
Special Defense: 110
Speed: 87

Abilities
Limber: Prevents Paralysis
Reckless: Increases the base power of recoil moves
DW: Unburden: Doubles user's speed after using an item

Moves
decent ones in bold
As Tyrogue
L1: Tackle
L1: Foresight
L1: Fake Out
L1: Helping Hand

As Hitmonlee
L1: Revenge
L1: Double Kick
L5: Meditate
L9: Rolling Kick
L13: Jump Kick
L17: Brick Break
L21: Focus Energy
L25: Feint
L29: Hi Jump Kick
L33: Mind Reader
L37: Foresight
L41: Wide Guard
L45: Blaze Kick
L49: Endure
L53: Mega Kick
L57: Close Combat
L61: Reversal

Fake Out
Feint
Mach Punch

TM06: Toxic
TM08: Bulk Up
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM47: Low Sweep
TM48: Round
TM52: Focus Blast
TM56: Fling
TM67: Retaliate
TM71: Stone Edge
TM78: Bulldoze
TM80: Rock Slide
TM83: Work Up
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM90: Substitute
TM94: Rock Smash
HM04: Strength

Bullet Punch
Counter
Endure
Helping Hand
Hi Jump Kick

Mind Reader
Pursuit
Rapid Spin

Vacuum Wave

TM/HM
TM01: Focus Punch
TM58: Endure
TM78: Captivate
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Natural Gift
HM08: Rock Climb

Gen 3 Tutor Moves
Body Slam
Counter
Double Edge
DynamicPunch (requires Limber)
Endure
Mega Punch (requires Limber)
Metronome (requires Limber)
Mimic
Mud-Slap
Seismic Toss
Sleep Talk
Snore
Swift

Gen 4 Tutor Moves
Bounce
Headbutt
Knock Off
Low Kick
Magic Coat
Mud-Slap
Snore
Sucker Punch

Superpower
Swift
Vacuum Wave
Uproar (as Tyrogue)

Possible Sets:

Unburden Abuse

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Adamant
Unburden
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def

Fake Out
Hi Jump Kick/Close Combat
Stone Edge/Blaze Kick
Earthquake/Blaze Kick

Pretty straightforward. You just need to ensure that your enemy's Fighting resists/priority users are dead, then use Fake Out to 1. use the Normal Gem, 2. safely activate Unburden. After that you can go to town Hi Jump Kicking everything to death. With an excellent 372 Attack and a speed stat that outclasses even Stoutland-in-the-sand, you can easily HJK Stoutland before it kills you with Frustration. CC is an excellent choice for those who are worried about HJK's 90% accuracy. Lee has a big weakness to priority attacks, so watch out: 50/53 physical bulk isn't going to let him win against Top anytime soon.

RECKLESS SPAM

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Adamant/Jolly
Reckless
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def

Hi Jump Kick
Double Edge
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge/Mach Punch

yeah basically copied from the analysis (although there really isn't any set better than this imo). HJK with LO+Reckless+STAB is a killer and easily wrecks anything that doesn't resist it. This set dies very quickly however (especially when you spam DE).

Choice Band

Hitmonlee @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe

Hi Jump Kick
Double Edge
Stone Edge
Earthquake

With Unburden Hitmonlee's release, Scarf Lee is basically outclassed in its own aspect: CB Hitmonlee however still packs a ton of power and outdamages the LO set, without the recoil (but you are now locked...)

So yeah, discuss...

DW Tyrogue can come with Mach Punch too, so its possible to have Unburden Mach Punch Hitmonlee (though I guess it will be hard to find a place for it on its set with Fake Out). Still, it's always nice to have that option. :D

DW Tyrogue can come with Mach Punch too, so its possible to have Unburden Mach Punch Hitmonlee (though I guess it will be hard to find a place for it on its set with Fake Out). Still, it's always nice to have that option. :D
o.O i didn't realise that. Heh.

Mach Punch sounds pretty sweet though since now you pretty much bypass every single priority attack (save for Fake Out/ExtremeSpeed/lolfeint)

Mach Punch along with a Fighting Gem is slightly stronger than Fake Out, and more handy for wallbreaking since it is also triggered by Hi Jump Kick and Close Combat. I personally find it more useful to revengkill something with Mach Punch or to CC something slower right of the bat

Hitmonlee can consider alternate EV-speads. Yours are fine if you don't plan to switch - as its speed will be reset; otherwise you can increase its bulk a bit. It IS already easier than for Sceptile because of its priority moves.
1. EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
- outruns adamant Scarf-Gon
2. EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 148 Spd
- outruns jolly Scarf-Gon
3. EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
- outruns adamant Stoutland, the fastest UU-Pokemon; I won't consider the jolly one.

Fake Out has that 100% flinch rate meaning that you don't need to revenge kill, but rather you can just start sweeping off the bat.

Jolly Stoutland is shit for the record...

also yeah i agree 546 Speed may be a little overkill, but I'd just make sure that I outspeed neutral Kingdra under the rain(540 Speed, aka 12 HP/252 Atk/240 Spe)

Stoutland still hold the record for being the fastest without having to setup, so it has to be considered. You are still right with Kingdra, as Rain is easily summoned with Tornadus

Just to know, when Unburden ever becomes popular, may Bulk Up be an option. Since Fake Out gives you a free attack some people might take that as an opportunity to switch. When predicted correctly, you can Bulk Up. To get a safe trigger for Unburden unfortunately only Mach Punch is reliable, and you only have two moves to stick on; Close-Edge is an option, but there a lot of threats you might remove before - for any set: Nidoqueen, Gorlurk and physical Claydol shuts resists Close-Edge. Slowbro and Deoxys also don't mind much taking hits.

I'd think that by running a Pursuiter to kill the silly ghosts in Hitmonlee's way, Fake Out is still the superior attack. Mach Punch might also work, seeing as Lee still has a cute 120 Attack and 90 BP with Fighting Gem MP, plus you don't have to work with 3 attacks anymore.

Just saying that I'll only update the OP once I get the full list of DW moves Lee gets.

edit: wow these guys are quick, I checked the OP of the DW thread and already 3 moves listed for Tyrogue (which SHOULD be what it gets).

edit2: what do you guys think of Feint? There probably has to be a use for that +2 priority... maybe you can attempt to pick off a weakened Arcanine trying to get sneaky with ESpeed?

edit2: what do you guys think of Feint? There probably has to be a use for that +2 priority... maybe you can attempt to pick off a weakened Arcanine trying to get sneaky with ESpeed?
I don't think it is such a good idea. It does 41 to 49 damage at Arcanine without Def investments. For one with 0 HP it makes 12.8% - 15.3%, low enough to call it situational. In most cases you would like to attack Arcanine immediately. Adamant CB-Nine will do up to 250 damage, having at least 251 HP makes it impossible for Arcanine to OHKO Hitmonlee without prior damage; in most cases it will be less.

you'd need 41 HP points for that, aka 164 EVs. That's quite a considerable investment...

with 164 HP/252 ATK/92 SPE Adamant Lee reaches 466 speed with Unburden activated... and you outspeed up to Scarf Zoroark.

Um, maybe I am a bit off, but for me, 40 EV on HP lets you reach 251, so that sure is a quite copius amount. Fair enough, as Hitmonlee can allow itself quite a lot of HP still maintaining enough speed.

Um, maybe I am a bit off, but for me, 40 EV on HP lets you reach 251, so that sure is a quite copius amount. Fair enough, as Hitmonlee can allow itself quite a lot of HP still maintaining enough speed.
*checks*

hm, you have a point. I think I misread Serebii's stats page and forgot to factor in that the minimum stat was calc'd with 0 IVs.

The HP investment is arguably minimal then, and you still outrun Adamant Stoutland. You now lose against +2 neutral Kingdra though. Win some, lose some I guess.

I'd think that by running a Pursuiter to kill the silly ghosts in Hitmonlee's way, Fake Out is still the superior attack. Mach Punch might also work, seeing as Lee still has a cute 120 Attack and 90 BP with Fighting Gem MP, plus you don't have to work with 3 attacks anymore.
I know in most cases Normal or Fighting Gems are prefered w/ Fake Out or Mach Punch, respectively. But what about Fist Plate + Fling?

It might help the not hitting Ghost problem, but you'd only have one good shot with the 80 BP Fling.

It is possible, but giving up a moveslot for a single use is too much of a loss. If you want to force the activatation of Unburden, have a Rock Gem for Stone Edge (Blaze Kick can be resisted by Flash Fire).

I know in most cases Normal or Fighting Gems are prefered w/ Fake Out or Mach Punch, respectively. But what about Fist Plate + Fling?

It might help the not hitting Ghost problem, but you'd only have one good shot with the 80 BP Fling.
i'm not exactly that convinced with Fling because Lee is still quite slow without unburden, not to mention that its not going to let him beat Sableye anytime soon (hi priority burn)

perhaps if you run Lee in Trick Room Iron Ball might be an interesting choice. Fling it on your last turn of TR, quadruple your speed and pretty much remain first the following round.

oh and finally don't run Blaze Kick. Never run Blaze Kick. Earthquake does the job better, period

Blaze Kick is a great move on Lee though, if only because it lets it truly shine as an anti-weather pokemon, breaking through Chlorophyll sweepers like nothing (though admittedly it's a lot less useful in a tier where there is no auto-sun pokemon)...

I have been waiting for this release ^_^

The set I actually wanted to try was a simple Lum Berry set that can turn defensive walls' status moves against them. Bulk Up with Rest and a Chesto Berry may be interesting, but without Drain Punch or coverage from only two moves, it's never really tickled my fancy.

Actually, HJK + Stone Edge is excellent coverage in itself, you are only missing neutral hits on Gallade, Medicham, Golurk, lolclaydol and lolcroagunk. Of all of these, Gallade is the only one that's common...

Hitmonlee can possibly go pseudo-Kingdra with Chesto Resto(arguably my most favorite set of the entire metagame, but that's a story for another time), but Hitmonlee needs to Rest to nab that unburden, which may be dangerous.

The one set I'm possibly curious in is a pinch berry set: with Liechi Hitmonlee can possibly run a Meditate/Bulk Up set, survive some weak attacks, nab an extra attack boost and go to town with like +2 or 3 attack and +2 speed. Salac may also be interesting since it essentially turns +2 Speed into +4 Speed (2 * 1.5 = 3, the +4 stage boost) which means that Hitmonlee can invest into bulk and completely neglect speed: even when uninvested Hitmonlee can hit a monster 630 Speed with Salac + Unburden, meaning that he can invest into HP or Defense instead. Pretty neat.

Of course, this is all theorymon as pinch berries are unreleased, but since Hitmonlee can x2 his speed after using an item it actually might work.

I used the following Hitmonlee in pokémon online:
Hitmonlee&Fighting Gem
Adamant nature
Ability: Unburden
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Quite wrecking, although easily revenge killed.

Egg moves, ILLEGAL WITH UNBURDEN
Bullet Punch
Counter
Endure
Helping Hand
Hi Jump Kick

Mind Reader
Pursuit
Rapid Spin

Vacuum Wave

Hi Jump Kick, Endure and mind reader are legal, as they are level up moves.
Helping Hand is also legal, since it's a level up move for Tyrogue

Egg moves, ILLEGAL WITH UNBURDEN
Bullet Punch
Counter
Endure
Helping Hand
Hi Jump Kick

Mind Reader
Pursuit
Rapid Spin

Vacuum Wave

Hi Jump Kick, Endure and mind reader are legal, as they are level up moves.
Helping Hand is also legal, since it's a level up move for Tyrogue
I know, I just haven't had the chance to clean up the list of moves.

I think I'll use an Unburden Endure Reversal set once the Liechi Berry is released (it's really risky with the ever so common priority and such). Aside from that, Hitmonlee doesn't interest me in the slightest way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)