ORAS Ubers Ho-oh offense (thrown together HO team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is Shatterpoint with a team a made a few days ago. Teamtesting has shown a number of weaknesses that can be exploited by skilled players, but overall it's an ok team. There's probably some synergy issues, but I'm not sure how to resolve them. Anyway, here's an explanation of the team. Please do rate/make suggestions (and if you steal this team, please keep in mind there are much better teams that you'd be better off stealing)

Ho-oh: the whole reason this team was built. I noticed that many oras teams are ho-oh weak, with not many resists other than groudon. this set probably isn't optimal, so I'm open to suggestions. sacred fire roasts any annoying ferros or keys and nets the handy burn even on pokes like gira-o which is otherwise somewhat annoying. brave bird obvious stab, overall is a bulky and hard hitting attacker.

Darkrai: Nice and fast poke with sleep. this set probably isn't the most optimal one and should probably be changed to one with lefties and sub, but idk. anyway, this is just to threaten ghostceus and put to sleep threats (notable exception being sub geoxern, which is much less used these days). moves shouldn't need any explanation, just darkrai's standard suicide lead set. overall pretty useful mon. (still gets rekt by xern though Q.Q)

Genesect: It's a killing machine. physically based because I see no point in running flamethrower for keys and ferro when Ho-oh can do the job. moveset should not need much explanation, though explosion is debatable not much better than flamethrower... overall gene's a momentum getter that does huge amounts of damage to those pokemon not named primal-groudon or Ho-oh with speedy u-turns. I love using this pokemon, especially because Ho-oh seems to be used much less often (probably fearing se from pdon)

Arceus-Ghost: default defoger, as ho-oh absolutely detests having rocks. standard defogceus set, is one of my last ditch checks to set up attackers. I am debating switching this out for gira-o with defog, draco meteor, shadow sneak, and will o wisp, but I'm not sure yet. this is a nice check to latis though, which gira-o is not (as much). evs also should probably be tailored, but I'm not even close to being that good of a team builder so I'll probably need help from edgar hack sweep problems shrang dice haruno YOHOE or someone around that quality (I'm not picking favorites don't hate)

Klefki: those evs should be changed so that it can always break a xern sub with substitute, but for the life of me I can't remember how much should be put into attack. toxic is probably going to be switched out for foul play. anyway, this is the status spreader, attack absorber, and hazards setter. notably one of the only ways I can stop a set up geoxern from plowing through my team mid-end game. as always hazards hurting opponents= yes please.

Importable below

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Rock Polish

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Roost

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Quick notes before I go to bed in case you want to try stuff out, I'll continue tomorrow

Darkrai: Sash is ok, LO is something to try as well since Sleep gives you that free turn to Nasty Plot and LO deals a lot more damage

Primal Groudon: you do still want some Speed, 56 outspeeds base 90 Scarfers, you potentially want 88 Spe for positive natured Scarf Kyurem-W, which has gotten some attention lately (still highly unlikely to find one). You might run in to Scarf Rayquaza since aim used it in SPL though. Base 99s can't really touch you. The standard RP PDon is probably unnecessary since Xern isn't really beating Keys.

Arceus-Ghost wants max Speed Timid usually, since speed tying with EKiller is useful. SpD doesn't really help against what threatens Ghostecus anyway, and having a fast Defog is very useful.

Klefki mainly checks Special Attackers such as Xern, Yveltal, Darkrai, etc, so SpD spread will do more. Don't use Foul Play, it isn't priority and most of the setup sweepers that Foul Play would hit outspeed and carry Earthquake (EKiller, SD Groundceus, offensive Mence).

Ho-Oh wants at least 12 Speed to nail Diancie before Mega if it doesn't have Protect. In reality you could try run up to max Speed on Ho-Oh, especially since you don't need the bulk for Xerneas. I haven't used the spread myself, but it isn't bad.

Darkrai is a potential issue since you still have to Sleep fodder something and risking a Speed tie in the beginning of the game isn't the best, the easiest way to deal with this would be CB Sleep Talk Ho-Oh. Also you lack Stealth Rock (Spikes isn't really enough to pressure, especially since a lot of things aren't Grounded). I'll look into this tomorrow when I wake up (maybe a potential Mega Diancie over Gene since you have no Mega, but I don't necessarily want to change your team into something with a very generic core)

This is not the right format, please read the RMT rules next time you post a team. Locking this, PM me when you have added the requirements so I can unlock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)