SS OU home is where broken is

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

shoutouts to @SiczakHT on twitter for this sickass image of galarian weezing

Opening:
Hello guys! I am zbr! Props if anyone even remembers me~ I was heavily active back in the days of Gen 6 and pre Naganadel ban Gen 7 but I left the scene soon after. Sword and Shield dropped and with dynamax banned and Home being dropped, I decided to post this team, that I had a lot of fun with in unofficial OU tours and the likes. Home brings about a lot of insane incredible threats and it seems that this team will see heavy alterations afterwards so I decided to preserve my memory of this fun af team in an RMT. Hope you guys enjoy this.

Also, I must confess that this team stays true to their nicknames so use them at your own risk :>

At a glance:

Breakdown:

blind boi (Weezing-Galar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

First up is my boi Galarian-Weezing. He was honestly the real reason this team was built and not going to lie he lifted some real heavy weight in this team. Blind as all hell since Wisp and Steam have really high chance to miss but neutralizing gas is what really matters in games. I initially wanted this team to be a heavily HO team with Galarian-Weezing as the primary pivot as well as the main way to catch opponents off guard but after tinkering a bit, it seemed that a balanced playstyle was the more optimal way to go about team building as it provides the much needed backbone and support Galarian-Weezing needs to pull off his weight in game. Neutralizing Gas is important here because it stops a lot of key abilities from activating. Abilities such as Imposter, Drizzle, Drought, Iron Barbs, Mold Breaker, Guts and Magic Guard are disabled which gives rise to situations where you can easily come in and burn a Clef and keep it at a low health as he tries to wish stall into a healthy range. Spdef set was opted because it was to act as a fairy type catch all which could come in on defensive stuff like tox (and absorb the tspike) and clef and defog away the hazards away. Not gonna lie, if you can look past the fact that this mon's special innate ability is to miss it's moves in succession, its a really fun mon to play with.

blind girl (Hydreigon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

The blind girl to my blind boi. Hydreigon was the second reason why I wanted to build this team. Everyone who had some experience playing the game when SS was first dropped could tell that this girl was a huge beast. Naturally offensive type coverage and excellent speed tier for Pre-Home meta made this girl such a strong menace. You would see her paired with duggy but I personally didn't think duggy fit on a team with gweezing so I opted to try a different type of team to build around Hydrei. With Nasty Plot, it made her such an excellent fatbreaker due to the meta being over dominated by fat stuff like Corvi, Ferro, Tox and friends. Her nuking prowess allows me to safely remove one defensive threat on the field such that my other breakers can easily mow through the opponent's team. Flamethrower over Dark Pulse because it allows me to set up and nuke turn 1 Ferros and Corvis that like to stay in and also gives me the comfort of knowing I will guarantee the KO on shit like Ferro since I won't want to bring in Hawlucha until the opposing team is worn down or the switch is safe. LO Draco is such a threat but if anyone knows me better, they'd know that my dracos never hit their target, they always hit a slight bit to the left and that is what usually costs games. But oh well, she has three heads, six eyes but still can't aim for shit.

blind as fluff (Aegislash) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

to round up the fairy dragon steel core, we got the mascot of the gen 8 games! Literally Sword and Shield! Aegislash has been a huge threat since it's inception and the fact that it lost access to Toxic this meta doesn't mean squat because it is still able to single handedly swing the tide of games into your favor. Due to the team composition, I opted for physical and wanted to go Air Balloon / Choice Band for it's item but overall, being granted flexibility and power is immensely important towards Aegi's success in the team and it helps weaken checks towards Hawlucha. Either that or it can help take a few hits and act as a powerful pivot into fairies despite the omnipresent Mystical Fire. Choosing Aegi as the next member was plain obvious because of the omnipresence of another threat: Dugtrio. Dugtrio is a mon that is able to trap and clean up my pivot mons (GWeezing and Clef) so it's vital to have a member that doesn't get trapped or causes me to autolose to Duggy. Head Smash over SD because I didn't want to just be sitting duck when Heattom comes in and LO boosted sneak prevents many common threats like Dragapult, Gengar, Cinderace and even Conk to a certain extent from wrecking havoc all over my team. In general, despite the technical nerfs to this mon, it still has such an immense presence in the metagame that is strongly felt and I just don't think it's fair to not have fun with her before she gets banned.

blind bae (Hawlucha) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Close Combat / High Jump Kick

before I even begin, I've played pokemon non competitively starting from gen 3 and I used this move a lot but never have I realised that it could MISS, neither did I know it could FLINCH! Imagine my surprise when I go for the kill with +2 Sky Attack only for Hawlucha to hit slightly to the left and miss and causing me to lose my primary win-con or when a key flinch from activating Power Herb invoked Sky Attack clinches me the victory. Anyway, I know that with the inception of the terrain seeds a lot of the favor has shifted over to those items and combining them with beasts like Tapu Koko Pinurchin and Tapu Lele Indeedee-F allows us to immediately proc unburden but I just personally feel that the tried and tested Power Herb + Sky Attack combo is just that much more better. Firstly, you give yourself flexibility on when to activate unburden and not accidentally activating it because you had to volt switch or switch into Lucha to pivot. Being able to time your unburden activations is super important in the long run because it's your primary mode of speed control (allowing you to beat ditto matchups which are frequent still despite the Dynamax ban). Neutral speed Hawlucha puts you at 335 speed and allows you to outpace of positive speed base 100s and below, which is good enough due to the speed de-creep. After unburden, you outpace +1 Timid Dragapult which is important and also means that Jolly Hawlucha is pretty overkill in terms of speed and thus unnecessary. You can use HJK if you have the urge to tempt fate or if you feel like shaving off 10 years off your lifespan but personally I think CC is good enough to slaughter majority of teams. Once you get +2 up it's very likely the game will end unless you're using Lucha to break fat mons so Aegi / Hydrei can clean up.

not blind but.. (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

EV spread is slightly mixed to ensure it survives +1 lefties Clef and prevents 2hko from LO Pult while retaining sufficient defensive bulk to take on Dracovish. Yeah that's literally the only purpose of this frog. Defensive waters are mandated in pre-home meta due to the ubiquity of heavy hitting physical waters. Being one of the rare few walls that naturally get a combination of Toxic, Stealth Rocks and Scald, it became a staple pivot mon in many teams of the pre-home meta. It is also incredibly key to this team because vish tears this team a new hole with psychic fangs and fishious rend. It also allows me to pivot safely into threats like the rotom trio (cut, heat and wash) and allow me to switch block them, although in the instance of cut, pivoting becomes a lot more pressured so I usually leave the role of pivot to Gweezing. Nothing much to say here but it's defensive pivot ability is nothing to be scoffed at and with a proper cleric to assist this mon, it can help weaken opposing teams and ensure that spinners such as drill cant come in for free on gweezing and defoggers like corvi and mandi face either burn or tox if they want to get the defog up. Rotoms also can't defog safely unless you're rotom cut. I like this mon a lot but it's kinda boring when you see majority of the teams just being Clef Corvi Seis Heattom + 2 random mons of choice so I secretly hope after duggy dies, vish goes so that we dont need to have a mandated water switch in on teams. bleh

blinded (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy / Healing Wish / Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Originally, over this clef slot I ran Scarfed Galarian-Rapidash over Clef because I wanted a fast scarfer with the ability to revenge kill pult and access to healing wish so that I can play this team a lot more aggressively. But, because of the overwhelming presence of ghost types in OU and the lack of pursuit to punish them, Gdash was opted out because it couldn't provide the necessary defensive qualities that this slot required. Clef became the obvious option since Wish passing was prominently strong because there was no real threat to punish wish passing and clericing in general. Initially I ran Healing Wish because I wanted this team to be GWeezing Healing Wish oriented, but over much tests, I realised that I needed either a way to safely remove statuses so I can play the longer grind game with balance fat teams or a way to spread brazillian tactics all throughout the opponent's team and since Teleport is only compatible with Moonlight (which I absolutely detest as a healing move), I opted for Aromatherapy for laddering purposes and Twave for more competitive purposes. You can also run stealth rocks on clef and then run power whip on seismitoad but I just generally think it's not worth it to waste rocks on clef. Dual Fairy pivot is extremely strong in this metagame as it means I don't have to rely on my clef to be the catch all and allows me to be more liberal in my choices, promoting the potential for more aggressive plays.

Of course, if you plan to use this team for post-home meta, change this to cm clef with stored power for the ladder or twave. personally laddering makes me puke blood so I will run stored power but that's up to you!

Closing:
After coming back from such a long hiatus, all I can say is that I have really rusted as a player and hopefully this new metagame will allow me to improve more as a player WEW. As a more balanced offense team, this team strives well when the player is playing aggressively. This team is really fun to play with as long as you are mentally ready to miss almost all your < 100% accuracy moves. Feel free to hit me up with anything and if you think there are changes that can be done to the team for home then feel free to update me! Thanks for taking your time to read through this wall of texts and have fun!
blind boi (Weezing-Galar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

blind girl (Hydreigon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

not blind but.. (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

blind as fluff (Aegislash) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

blind bae (Hawlucha) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Close Combat

blinded (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)