ORAS Ubers Hoopa RULEZ

Hi guys, I'm back with a new team for the tier that I play less, the uber tier.
This team is to approach to this world and I have to say that it's giving me satisfactions.

Anyway let's see the building phase.

BUILDING PHASE:

As u could undestrand from the title, this team starts with Hoopa-U, a powerful wallbreaker. Why this choice? Well, I had just finished to watch the last movie with him and I wanted to use him in competitive, so I had to build a team for the uber tier. I had to build a core to start all... The core is Hoopa-Zekrom-Scizor. These three mons have a great synergy: Hoopa gets a great benefit from the volturn and has some problems against fairy types like Mega-Diance (countered by Scizor) and against Yveltal (destroyed by Zekrom) Zekrom can also destroy Ho-oh and Kyogre.

Hoopa has problems also with defensive fairy types in general and, even if I have Scizor, I preferred to add Primal-Groudon to the team, he is one of the most powerful mons of the game, nothing to say. It helps a lot in checking Xerneas with Roar and in checking all fairys and steel types, like Arceus. Finally he can check Primal-Kyogre. To check Hoopa's frail physical defense and his problems with physical attackers I opted for Giratina-O. First because he is one of the most beautiful mons imo, second he can provide the defog support, third he can check Primal Groudon, Extreme Killer Arceus, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Blaziken and other Fighting-types, finally he is immune to Shadow Tag. I have no words to describe this mon...

For the last slot I had the idea to use one of the Arceus variants. Seeing that Hoopa has problems against priority moves, a bulky version would have been ideal. I choosed the fairy type version because is on of the best defensive types of the game, allowing it to check Dragons, Yveltal, Dark Arceus, and other threats. Yes, I know that in this way I'm weak to Bullet Punch as priority, but I have other members to check this only move.

Alright, now let's see the movesets.

MOVESETS:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Focus Blast

A wallbreaker set, preferred to the Nasty Plot set for the immediacy of execution. I saw this spread in a stream and I'm finding it really good. Two Hyperspace move as STAB (Hyperspace Hole>Psychic/Psyshock just because it's a signature move lol), while Gunk Shot allows me to hit fairy types and Shaymin and Focus Blast to hit Tyranitar. Life Orb is the best item I think.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Primal-Groudon is one of the best mons in the tier thanks to his ability. This is the classic support set, with Precipice Blades>Earthquake and Roar>all to kidding Xerneas after a Geomancy. Stealt Rock to be set asap.​

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

I think this set is awesome. I usually use it as started when the opponent has Darkrai in team, because when they have Darkrai, 99/100 they send it as first. Well, just 1 Bolt Strike and bye Darkrai. Same thing for Deoxys, even if this last runs the Focus Sash, but I never had problems against it.
252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darkrai: 282-333 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The only doubt is for Dragon Claw/Outrage.
Serious, I love this set.​

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

This is the classical Red Menace set. Bullet punch powered by the ability to destroy Xerneas, Mega-Diancie and Arceus Fairy. U-turn>Toxic to have the volturn possibility, Pursuit to hit Latwins, Lugia and Gengar expecially if they switching. Finally Roost to have staying power.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Judgment
- Recover

After just one Calm Mind he is really difficult to take down with special attacks. Even If against Mega-Gengar, OHKOed by one Earth Power. Judgment after the boost hits everything that cannot resist it, really powerful. Recover is mainly to prolong a potential sweep.​

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Here the last member. As I said in the building section, it's an awesome mon. Defog is the mainly move with Shadow Sneak to hit in priority. Dragon Tail is to phaze opponents set up sweepers like ExtremeKiller Arceus, but it's useless against Geomancy Xerneas. Shadow Force is (as for Hoopa) the signature and, even if it needs two turns to hit, I find it really strong. An alternative could be Earthquake to hit Primal-Groudon and Diance.
So, this is the team. I hope u will help me to improve it, thanks in advance to all.

Hi :)
Cool and creative team friend! I think it's the first time that I see a team with Hoopa, as was banned from OU a couple weeks ago, I also think its difficult but no impossible to build around Hoopa because is not that good in the current metagame. The idea of mega scizor + hoopa is smart! you have a good answer to check xerneas and you can easily send out scizor without troubles (unless it has hp fire but fortunately it's not viable in ORAS)
I wanna help you to improve this team.
First, I consider Ho-Oh really annoying, if your opponent finds a moment to send Ho-Oh for example versus Arceus-Fairy, Giratina and also Pdon [after reveal its 4 moves], you would be in an awkward position, your Ho-Oh switch is Zekrom and if it gets burned by Sacred Fire, Zek won't help you anymore. Also, if your zekrom dies and if your arceus-fairy cannot resist one boosted-hit from Salamence, you will end up losing the game. You need a solid Ho-Oh and Salamence check.

~The next suggestions will help you to equilibrate your team offering a good match up against the threats that I've mentioned.
Arceus-Rock > Arceus-Fairy. This Arceus is generally good checkin' fly types in ORAS Ubers, you will play in a comfortable way against Ho-Oh and Salamence (We can include Rayquaza and Yveltal too). I recomend you the moveset Calm Mind/Recover/Refresh/Judgment.

Primal Kyogre > Zekrom. I think Kyogre is a nice check of Darkrai because of its decent Special Defense, in addition to this you control fire types and also, you have a good 1vs1 vs Hex Giratina-O.

~
Draco Meteor
> Shadow Sneak. I don't think this move is necessary here, Draco Meteor attacks directly Pdon, I know your Gira has Shadow Force he can switch and ppstall you, that's why Draco is a good option.
~Will-O-Wisp > Dragon Tail. If your opponent use Ekiller(Arceus Normal) as late wincon it can be difficult to stop, I prefer burning it directly and ppstall it with Arceus-Rock, Giratina Levitate+Arceus resistence would make a great job.

I also want to suggest (it's up to you)
Magic Coat > Focus Blast I know this is a weird idea haha and you're probably wondering why BUT Magic Coat can help you against Deoxys and HO, I'm sure your opponent won't expect Magic Coat.

Here is your team, good luck and have fun!:toast:
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Magic Coat

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 64 HP / 96 Def / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Judgment
- Refresh

EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Force

Looks like a pretty nice team, using a few underrated mons. I notice you're using a mixed Hoopa set, I've tried it and personally prefer Nasty Plot for its more immediate wallbreaking capacity, as mixed lacks the power to break through some threats. Although if you do opt to run mixed, you should fix up your EVs since the whole point of running Gunk Shot is to KO Xern after SR, and you need 192 Attack EVs to accomplish this. I would also replace Pursuit on Scizor with Toxic, you're not weak whatsoever to the Lati twins as both Scizor and Arceus are able to switch in and comfortably take hits, while Toxic allows you to put Ho-oh and Primal Groudon on a timer. A further necessity when running any Hoopa set are teammates to take on physical attackers, in this regard I feel you're overtaxing Giratina to take on both SD Arceus formes and Primal Groudon, the latter of which you have no reliable switchins to outside of Giratina.
e: since I got sniped by Arii (n_n) I agree with the change to Arceus Rock, which allows you to easier check threats like Mega Salamence and ekiller. I would also change Scarf Zekrom to Scarf Xerneas, as speed control is still necessary while Xerneas allows you to absorb sleep as well. There are a few ways you could try and solve the don weakness, you could opt for a Earthquake or Hex set on tina to put more pressure on it, or run more speed on your Primal Groudon to outpace and deal it massive damage.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

EVs: 88 HP / 252 Def / 104 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Toxic
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover

couple options here, running defog lets you replace Defog on gira for priority such as Shadow Sneak or a phazing move like Dragon Tail, Toxic is an option to put other bulky Arceus on a timer

Hi :)
Cool and creative team friend! I think it's the first time that I see a team with Hoopa, as was banned from OU a couple weeks ago, I also think its difficult but no impossible to build around Hoopa because is not that good in the current metagame. The idea of mega scizor + hoopa is smart! you have a good answer to check xerneas and you can easily send out scizor without troubles (unless it has hp fire but fortunately it's not viable in ORAS)
I wanna help you to improve this team.
First, I consider Ho-Oh really annoying, if your opponent finds a moment to send Ho-Oh for example versus Arceus-Fairy, Giratina and also Pdon [after reveal its 4 moves], you would be in an awkward position, your Ho-Oh switch is Zekrom and if it gets burned by Sacred Fire, Zek won't help you anymore. Also, if your zekrom dies and if your arceus-fairy cannot resist one boosted-hit from Salamence, you will end up losing the game. You need a solid Ho-Oh and Salamence check.
Looks like a pretty nice team, using a few underrated mons. I notice you're using a mixed Hoopa set, I've tried it and personally prefer Nasty Plot for its more immediate wallbreaking capacity, as mixed lacks the power to break through some threats. Although if you do opt to run mixed, you should fix up your EVs since the whole point of running Gunk Shot is to KO Xern after SR, and you need 192 Attack EVs to accomplish this. I would also replace Pursuit on Scizor with Toxic, you're not weak whatsoever to the Lati twins as both Scizor and Arceus are able to switch in and comfortably take hits, while Toxic allows you to put Ho-oh and Primal Groudon on a timer. A further necessity when running any Hoopa set are teammates to take on physical attackers, in this regard I feel you're overtaxing Giratina to take on both SD Arceus formes and Primal Groudon, the latter of which you have no reliable switchins to outside of Giratina.
e: since I got sniped by Arii (n_n) I agree with the change to Arceus Rock, which allows you to easier check threats like Mega Salamence and ekiller. I would also change Scarf Zekrom to Scarf Xerneas, as speed control is still necessary while Xerneas allows you to absorb sleep as well. There are a few ways you could try and solve the don weakness, you could opt for a Earthquake or Hex set on tina to put more pressure on it, or run more speed on your Primal Groudon to outpace and deal it massive damage.
Hey guys, thank u for the rate, yes, it's difficult to find Hoopa in Uber teams... I think that this tier is too much for him. I'm not saying that he should be OU because he was too strong for OU tier, but it's like if Hoopa is not up to the Uber tier.

However yes, Ho-oh is one of the mons that gives me troubles, and I understand how Arceus rock can counter him, also for Mega-Salamence (even if I must be careful of its EQuakes). I'll surely try it. It helps me also against phisycal attacks. I think Ill try the 64HP/96Def/96SDef/252Spd spread but with CMind/Judgment/Defog/Recover.

For Giratina, I'd like to keep the priority. Seeing that Ill give Defog to Arceus I can use Draco Meteor>Defog, but I could also run WoW>Defog, because P-Don never gave me a lot of problems... And I think Ill follow Arii's advice, Ill give my P-Don more evs in speed, allowing him to outspeed opponents Groudons.

For Kyogre, sincerely I will keep Zekrom, I'm really loving this mon, and I find it really good against Darkrai so I don't see why change him... But if I see that, in my future games, I'll suffer Darkrai I will try surely Kyogre or Scarf Xerneas.

Finally I WANNA USE MAGIC COAT ON HOOPA D: serious man u are a genius, I wanna try Hoopa with this move lol, thank u both for the rate.[/quote]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)