Hope To Use This In Tournament

@Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
Effort Values: 252 Hit Points, 96 Defense, 100 Special Attack, 60 Special Defense
Moves: Rest, Sleep Talk, Lava Plume, Earth Power
Reason
I fell in love with this when I saw it on Smogon, therefore I decided to make a team around it. My status absorber, Lava Plume for STAB and Earth Power to stop fires walling me and hits most stuff hard
@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
Effort Values: 252 Hit Points, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
Moves: Yawn, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Grass Knot
Reason
I like this but, I weren’t sure between this and Cresselia, but I decided to go with this. This is probably going to be my lead although im not sure between this and Heatran so your opinions would be appreciated. This lays down Stealth Rock and can Yawn, U-Turn for a switch and Grass Knot for bulky waters
@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Pressure
Effort Values: 252 Hit Points, 76 Defense, 180 Special Defense
Moves: Fire Punch, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Punch, Pain Split
Reason
Anti-Rapid Spinner, Fire Punch for Steels, Shadow Sneak for Ghosts and Psychics, Pain Split for health recovery and Will-O-Wisp for status
@Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
Effort Values: 252 Hit Points, 244 Attack, 12 Defense
Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Explosion, Ice Punch
Reason
My physical sweeper, Meteor Mash for STAB, Earthquake is obvious, Explosion for when im low on health and for Blissey, Ice Punch for Dragons
@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Natural Cure
Effort Values: 4 Hit Points, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Moves: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Psychic
Reason
My special sweeper, BoltBeam to hit most stuff, Surf and Psychic for STAB. Decided Psychic over Grass Knot on this set
@Life Orb
Nature: Mild
Ability: Intimidate
Effort Values: 120 Attack, 252 Special Attack, 136 Speed
Moves: Roost, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw
Reason
My mixes sweeper, Brick Break for Blissey, Draco Meteor for STAB, Flamethrower for Skamory and Dragon Claw after Draco Meteor special attack drop

Team Summary
Heatran, Dusknoir and Uxie are my defensive team, all covering each other weaknesses. Im not entirely sure on Starmie but i guess you will have suggestions on what to replace it with

About the tournament though its 4 on 4 and you can switch your party in between rounds and Stealth Rock won't really be doing a lot since the battles will end fast cause its 4 on 4 by the way nice job on Heatran it can actually do something to a lot of the common sleep inducing leads with a Rest Talking Lava Pume. Beware of Flash Fire Pokemon heck if you want try the Sunny Day Route. Problem is Heatran is banned make sure to check out the rules first before deciding to pull a team out of your ass.

http://showdown.pokemon.com/rules/qualifier_rules.xhtml

If this is for the tournament you can not use Heatran and having two choice Pokemon on a doubles team is risky also Surf is going to hit your Metagross hard.

Has anyone besides me noticed a Garchomp weakness? SubSalac Garchomp can set up on every one of your Pokemon not named Starmie. Yache Berry ones can set up and beat Dusknoir before it can Will-O-Wisp. First of all, try Stealth Rock / Yawn / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt Mespirit over Uxie. It may not have as good defenses, but it can use Ice Beam, unlike Uxie. Here's how it works, you come in on an Earthquake and Ice Beam Garchomp to death. However, this team lacks speed. If Mespirit would be down, you'd still need a speedy way to beat Yache Garchomp. How about trying Choice Scarf on Metagross? You can outspeed Garchomp and finish it off. Watch out for Life Orb Gyarados, it outspeeds and OHKOs your Starmie. Roost > Dragon Claw on Salamece, as Dragon Claw dosen't do anything new for Mixmence, just another attack, while Roost lets you sweep, then heal, then sweep, so you can heal before you die. Starmie probaly wants to be Rapid Spin, you can provide Dusknoir with more survivabillity. Or you can just replace Starmie for Vaporeon with HP Electric and still counter everything you need to. I personally would try RestTalk CM Spiritomb over Dusknoir, it helps with second coverage against Celebi, whom you'll lose to if it has U-Turn / HP Fire / Grass Knot / Recover and is paired up with Dugtrio (quite common to be honest).

Has anyone besides me noticed a Garchomp weakness?
I have

Half of this team dies by either Garchomps STAB moves. Not a good weakness to have, like Wayff said he can just Sword Dance all he wants on Dusknoir and Uxie all he has to fear from them is W-o-W.

You say your Salamence is to counter Blissey however from my own experience that set only does 50-60% and Blissey OHKO's back with Ice Beam. So I would say Roost over Brick Break if your going to use it why would you ditch a STAB move? Keep Dragon Claw.

Not really going to say much else because a team that's as weak to Garchomp as this is, will most likely not get far. =\

Gliscor@leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Veil
Effort Values: 252 Hit Points, 252 Defense, 4 Speed
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Fang, Roost, Stealth Rock
Reason
Added in to stop Scarfchomp and CB Tyranitar and Heracross running through my team

How about that over Salamance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)