http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mWRIY45Yk&feature=related (copy and paste)

Not many people use explosion teams, yet they are very effective and are very potent if you know how to use them. The main problem with them were that there weren't many powerful exploders that were speedy and powerful. Electrode, for example has lots of Speed behind it but it's base 50 Attack lets it down and destroys its viability. Explosion teams also had to deal with the presence of Ghosts and Steels. I have found a way to deal with these problems and still have Explosion on every member of the team. The main goal is to use fast Exploders and wear down his team to the end before they can touch me.
Red is edit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick peek at the team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-U Turn
-Explosion
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

This Physcial ScarfZelf I crafted for my specific needs. I needed something that hits fast and hard, can get out of there easily, and can revenge kill some threats in D/P/Pt. Scarf Azelf out speeds most common leads and can take most unboosted, unSTABed, moves. U-turn is to get the heck out of there when I need to, Explosion is fairly obvious. Fire punch and Ice Punch take care of Steel types and Salamence, respectively.

Gengar@LifeOrb
Naïve
136 Atk/156 Sp. Atk/212 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion

Like I said, I needed fast and powerful Exploders, and Gengar is one of these 3 exceptions. Gengar is mainly here to take out Ghosts and then Explode on Blissey or some random stuff. Shadow Ball for STAB, Focus Blast is for Darks, Thunderbolt for Bulky Waters and skarmory, and Explosion is fairly obvious.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Naïve
6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
-Fire Blast
-HP Ice
-Earth Power
-Explosion

Do I really have to explain this? It's fairly obvious this would be on every team especially an Explosion team. Gives a fast Explosion when needed, blah blah......
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful
168 HP/ 220 Sp Def/ 120 Def
-Curse
-Selfdestruct
-Earthquake
-Body Slam

What Explosion team is there without this beauty? He gives powerful Explosion when needed and takes care of powerful threats. He Explodes on Weak (offensively) walls that have been Stalling me, and can take care of them. 2 Cursed Selfdestruct is pretty much an OHKO on the majority of pokes in the entire universe(with Exceptions for Aggron, Probopass, and bastiodon and Ghosts, if only it had Scrappy) even KOing Lugia. Curse is to boost Attack, Explosion is obvious, Earthquake for Steels, and Return for STAB.

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant
252 HP/70 Atk/188 Sp Def
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion

This is my Gengar and Weavile counter and my General Pursuit user. He provides a pretty decently powerful Explosion. Meteor Mash is for STAB, Bullet punch is for priority, Gengar, and Weavile, Pursuit is for fleeing ghosts, and Explosion is obvious. And listen to me, the ONLY reason I use this over Scizor is becase of....you guessed it! Explosion.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP/ 128 Attack/ 128 Def
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake

Sets up my rocks that are vital to my team. Then most of the time, immediately explodes most of the time. Explosion is obvious, Stealth Rocks is to break Focus Sashes, Gyro ball for STAB, and EQ for Heatran.

I remember facing this team, or one very similar, and if memory serves, it didn't do very well at all. After Explosion failed to OHKO twice, to two very common pokemon, those being Magnezone and Rotom-H. SubTran also proves to be a problem for this team.

So. Cal.'s Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Sora13's Gengar Fainted!

Sora13 sent out ScarfTran!
So. Cal. sent out SubTran!
Scarftran used Fire Blast!
SubTran's Flash Fire increased its Fire power!
SubTran used Substitute after Scarftran switches out!
SubTran hits everything with WoW or Toxic and blasts things with an increased Fire Blast!

Heatran wont be your answer to it because your Earth Power will just break its Substitute while it's Earth Power will take your Heatran out, and with the right prediction, he may be able to take your Heatran out on the switch-in to try and destroy it's sub so something else can damage it. Snorlax might be able to outstall WillOWisp and set up while Heatran blats Fire Blast at it, since Thick Fat will help it live longer, but even so then Snorlax is slow fodder. My suggestion would be to add a Swampert, but it can't use Selfdestruct or Explosion. It's still something to consider though.

Heatran usually smashes Magnezone and Rotom is taken out by aShadow Ball from Gengar.

I had a really bad day that day and and I'm not too good a player, sometimes I just don't predict right.

Sora, how, may I ask, do you expect Magnezone to stay in on Heatran and Rotom to stay in on Gengar? Lets say Rotom and Gengar both get sent in after an Explosion. Rotom is withdrawn, Magnezone is sent out. Gengar is withdrawn, Scraftran comes in on a T-Bolt. Magnezone switches to SubTran, SubTran's Flash Fire powers up its fire type moves. SubTran uses Substitute and proceeds to bring hell on your team.

Alice

The worst taste in music
. Magnezone switches to SubTran, SubTran's Flash Fire powers up its fire type moves. SubTran uses Substitute and proceeds to bring hell on your team.
In a metagame where tran is everywhere, any smart player will EP magnezone... and any smart player WON'T switch into tran knowing this.

In a metagame where tran is everywhere, any smart player will EP magnezone... and any smart player WON'T switch into tran knowing this.
This seems a bit presumptuous of you to say, seeing as how on my teams, I have never had anyone use Earth Power on Magnezone before they knew I had a Heatran, and as such, use Fire Blast/Lava Plume/Flamethrower on it.

This seems a bit presumptuous of you to say, seeing as how on my teams, I have never had anyone use Earth Power on Magnezone before they knew I had a Heatran, and as such, use Fire Blast/Lava Plume/Flamethrower on it.
I would use EP, as i I would't want to risk the accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)