SM OU Hyper Offensive Team

Hi, first of all I’d like to excuse my English. I am learning it. I want to show you my team that has so many holes and mistakes.
I always wanted to use Mega Lopunny so I am using it now.
Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

HJK is Lopunny’s best STAB fighting move. I’m still afraid of that 10% possibility. It hits hard and good.
Return is best normal STAB move. I can run Facade because of Mew and lot more things with Will-o-wisp.
Ice Punch is for coverage mainly for Landorus-T, Dragonites after Stealth Rocks etc.
Fake Out is only for chip damage and outprioritize? (Isvthat a word? ) for example Pinsir’s Quick Attack.

Lead Azelf
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Explosion is there for suicide after being on 1HP.
Fire Blast is there for types that resist Explosion (mainly and only Steel).
Taunt for other hazards setters.
Stealth Rock is just Stealth Rock .

Now I have dilema. I need 2 sweepers. One special and one physical. One of them should be set-up sweeper. So I was looking in OU and then I saw Volcarona.

Volcarona (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm/Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain/Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Ability. I don’t know if I should run 30% chance to burn someone or 1,5 power of Bug Type Moves after being on Focus Sash. Please tell me what’s better.

Fiery Dance/Flamethrower/Fire Blast I can’t decide which one should I use. Fiery Dance has only 80 base power, but 50% chance to get special attack raise, Flamethrower that doesn’t miss or Fire Blast that has only 85% accuary. Please help with that.
Bug Buzz is best STAB.
Giga Drain/Psychic I always runned Psychic over Giga Drain, but last weeks I am using Giga Drain because of that Rock weakness.
Quiver Dance is amazing move that raises Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Spd only on one turn.

Next I needed something physical.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Defog

Kartana can clean up the game if pokémons that ressist its attacks.
Leaf Blade is best STAB move.
Smart Strike as well.
Knock Off is one of the best mives in the game.
Defog is there because I wouldn’t have any other way to get out hazards.

These 2 last pokémons are just there. I really dom’t know if I should run them. Please tell me if I should change them for something else.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Dragonite (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Please tell me everything what should I change etc. I am new in SMOGON tiers and I need your help.

Thanks❤

Hello there. That's a good team you got there. I should suggest some things however:

My first concern is that This team is kind of all over the place. If you trying to create a hyper offensive team with Mega Lopunny which it looks like that's what you're trying to do, you need to clear 5/6 of your team, not Lopunny of course. Yeah, you really should have looked at that smogon Mega Lopunny analysis closer. First off, you need a rocker that'll help Mega Lopunny, giving it a defensive backbone.

The first Stealth Rocker that comes to my mind is a defensive Landorus-T set. Lando-T is arguably the best Pokemon in OU at the moment, and it's defensive sets helps the team so much, especially with pokemon that needs it stealth rocks, aka Mega Lopunny for it to be able to sweep late game. Here's the set:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers/ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Rocky Helmet can help cripple down physical attackers by hitting them back if they touch Landorus-T. Leftovers can be useful for overall survival. Stealth Rock is for the obvious reason, Earthquake is very good STAB, Hidden Power Ice can be used to snipe other Landorus-T, and other Pokemon. U-Turn is there for Lando-T to switch back with chip damage and to gain momentum. With hyper offensive teams, you need that momentum. You can replace U-Turn for Knock Off as that'll remove the items of stall pokemon such as other Landorus-T, Eviolite Chansey, Black Sludge Toxapex, Celesteela, and more. This mon should also be your lead. You can also have Protect to scout enemies for any threats that need to be killed ASAP and super effective moves. Overall, Landorus-T will be one of the most important Pokemon on your team, setting up rocks and U-Turning for gained momentum. Or you can replace Hidden Power Ice for Knock Off if you want both knock off and U-Turn but I don't recommend it.

Another new team member I would especially recommend is Protean Greninja. Even though Ash Greninja exists, it would be better to put regular Greninja on this team due to the fact that two of Lopunny's counters are Toxapex and Mew. Protean Greninja can also gain moves like Ice Beam or Hidden Power Fire to deal with Landorus-T, Latios, Ferrothorn, or Mega Scizor. Here's my recommended set:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Since the ability Protean turns all attacking moves into STAB, all the moves are reliable stabs for a fast mon like Greninja. Extrasensory is used to counter Toxapex and fighting types. Dark Pulse helps cover up psychic types such as Mew. Ice Beam helps counter Landorus-T in a more reliable and safer way. The goal of this Greninja set is to counter some of the things that can easily counter Mega Lopunny.

I'm gonna run this section quick: Add Magnezone, Tapu Bulu, heatran, and toxapex for toxic spikes.

Magnezone @ Electrium Z/ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

And that's it. Now destroy some peeps!

Hello there. That's a good team you got there. I should suggest some things however:

My first concern is that This team is kind of all over the place. If you trying to create a hyper offensive team with Mega Lopunny which it looks like that's what you're trying to do, you need to clear 5/6 of your team, not Lopunny of course. Yeah, you really should have looked at that smogon Mega Lopunny analysis closer. First off, you need a rocker that'll help Mega Lopunny, giving it a defensive backbone.

The first Stealth Rocker that comes to my mind is a defensive Landorus-T set. Lando-T is arguably the best Pokemon in OU at the moment, and it's defensive sets helps the team so much, especially with pokemon that needs it stealth rocks, aka Mega Lopunny for it to be able to sweep late game. Here's the set:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers/ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Rocky Helmet can help cripple down physical attackers by hitting them back if they touch Landorus-T. Leftovers can be useful for overall survival. Stealth Rock is for the obvious reason, Earthquake is very good STAB, Hidden Power Ice can be used to snipe other Landorus-T, and other Pokemon. U-Turn is there for Lando-T to switch back with chip damage and to gain momentum. With hyper offensive teams, you need that momentum. You can replace U-Turn for Knock Off as that'll remove the items of stall pokemon such as other Landorus-T, Eviolite Chansey, Black Sludge Toxapex, Celesteela, and more. This mon should also be your lead. You can also have Protect to scout enemies for any threats that need to be killed ASAP and super effective moves. Overall, Landorus-T will be one of the most important Pokemon on your team, setting up rocks and U-Turning for gained momentum. Or you can replace Hidden Power Ice for Knock Off if you want both knock off and U-Turn but I don't recommend it.

Another new team member I would especially recommend is Protean Greninja. Even though Ash Greninja exists, it would be better to put regular Greninja on this team due to the fact that two of Lopunny's counters are Toxapex and Mew. Protean Greninja can also gain moves like Ice Beam or Hidden Power Fire to deal with Landorus-T, Latios, Ferrothorn, or Mega Scizor. Here's my recommended set:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Since the ability Protean turns all attacking moves into STAB, all the moves are reliable stabs for a fast mon like Greninja. Extrasensory is used to counter Toxapex and fighting types. Dark Pulse helps cover up psychic types such as Mew. Ice Beam helps counter Landorus-T in a more reliable and safer way. The goal of this Greninja set is to counter some of the things that can easily counter Mega Lopunny.

I'm gonna run this section quick: Add Magnezone, Tapu Bulu, heatran, and toxapex for toxic spikes.

Magnezone @ Electrium Z/ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

And that's it. Now destroy some peeps!
I recommend putting a scarf for speed control, since I notice it complicated before scarfs, such as the same Lando-T. The most recommended is the Greninja, use it Gunk Shot coverage, I think it is more effective and nobody uses it.

I recommend putting a scarf for speed control, since I notice it complicated before scarfs, such as the same Lando-T. The most recommended is the Greninja, use it Gunk Shot coverage, I think it is more effective and nobody uses it.
Huh. True. Gunk Shot can be used for fairies and scarf is for speed control, yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)