i wanna use honchkrow ;__;

ok biiig work in progress here.

basically i wanted to use honchrow in conjunction with spikes because the theorymon checks out (pursuit/sucker punch is a cool combo with spikes down)

theres still a ton of weaks that im aware of so hopefully you guys can help me out ;D

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/52 Atk/216 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

rocks, phaze, tar resist
---

Honchkrow (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
star of the team! meant to rape shit with spikes down. insomnia usually means free switch on leading gars

---

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
spikes, spins
---

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 HP/252 Spd/244 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball

sub gengar used to be the shit in adv. with no sand it's really a rapist ;D
---

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP/176 Def/32 Spd/60 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Rain Dance
- Leech Seed

wish it had 6 slots for heal bell and uturn

---

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/120 Def/96 SAtk/52 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Icy Wind

spreads para, uturn to honch for pursuit on alot of shit. this is a cool set tbh

---

im totally up for replacements/strat changes if anyone can give me a good enough reason. the team has been doing well but it's not yet a "good team"

lee/whoever if this is too flimsy feel free to lock and ill work on this some more.
help me out smogon ;D

Use this for it ;)

252/ 252 atk- spd 4 hp

now it should be 383 atk and 240- something spd if bred with 31 ivs and adamant nature.

Taunt
Sucker Punch
Night Slash
Sky Attack/ Drill Peck

(Power Herb/ life orb)

If you do Celebi over Ludicolo, you get rid of that Gyarados weak somewhat, as well as annoy Blissey with Leech Seed, among other random last Poke things. Although I'd worried about Heatran. With that said, I'd also rather have Vaporeon over Jirachi. Keeps Wish support, and if you really wanted some Para support, just slap Thunder Wave onto Celebi as well. Slapping Zap Cannon onto Forretress wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Thunderwave wouldn't be half bad on Honchcrow.

btw Gorm, what the hell is your avatar? It looks like a dinoaur-bird-creature-thing with a scarf around its neck

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey Gorm, if you're going to stick with just Dark/Flying, why not go Insomnia+Screech over Super Luck+Night Slash. If you get in on a CB EQ or a Sporing Breloom, you can Screech the switch in, allowing you to get a nice hard hit in with Pursuit if it flees/smack it hard with Sucker Punch/Drill Peck if it stays in?

Probably the best thing to cure your gyara problem would be the gay celery over Ludi, but probably the second best thing would be to run Thunder somewhere on Jirachi as it helps against Gyara tremendously, provides para support your looking for, and gets support from the rain Ludi provides. If you do this you should probably add a more defensive spread to Jira to take hits from Gyara better. The only other thing I see is maybe try to fit a Ib/Tbolt/Surf/Recov Starmie over Ludi most likely, as it would be a great switch-in to Gyara, and will make sure Mixape won't be touching you anytime soon as it could most likely take out a few guys before dying before if ludi was damaged/rain wasn't up, and protects you from landshark a bit more.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Um, why can't he just run Ludicolo as his Gyara counter? 4x Water resist, 2x EQ resist, decent SAtk, good SDef too.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As MoP pointed out, if you use Celebi over Ludicolo, your Gyarados weakness will be considerably less, Blissey will run from Leech Seed, you'll have a status absorber and you can always run Thunderwave if you want. Leech Seed / Grass Knot / Recover / Thunderwave.

One thing I agree with is that you have a rather big Infernape weakness. Gengar is the only thing that really outspeeds it, and Infernape resists dark, so Honchcrow won't be OHKOing it. Vaporeon over Jirachi will help a lot with Infernape, while giving you everything you had before except Paralysis.

Thunderwave wouldn't be half bad on Honchcrow.

btw Gorm, what the hell is your avatar? It looks like a dinoaur-bird-creature-thing with a scarf around its neck
Thunderwave would be OK, but honchkrow would probably benifit from having a sweep setup then and there, with no major problems.

And dude, gorm is some kind of fruit.

Since you're running Rain Dance on Ludicolo, why not go with Rain Dish over Swift Swim. With Leach Seed and Leftovers, you gain 24% of your health every turn. It worked great on my old Rain Dance team so I thought I'd suggest it.

Things do take status: Swamp takes T-wave, Gengar/Forretress take Toxic, Ludicolo takes leech seed.

I also may consider using Breloom on that team... Consider Breloom's Poison Heal a Mini-Magic Guard.

Really think of it like this: Cannot be statused after Toxic Orb Activates, Still heals 6.25% in SStorm/Hail, being a Grass Type it is immune to Leech Seed. It usually carries substitute, so Pain Split wont hurt it/fail.

He can be your Status taker once Toxic Orb activates, and can stall with Toxic Spikes if need be (Like Walrein: Protect/Sub/Focus Punch/Spore) since he heals 12.5%, (Forretress can try Toxic Spikes).

I like how Gengar is being used as an anti-spinner, I do the same thing on my team except T-bolt over Sub. because I have Hippowdon (so sub is Iffy).

Hmmmmmm You are weak to the 3 dragons, gyarados and Infernape, so I suggest Starmie with: Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover over Ludicolo to remedy the problem.
^.~

Better Yet, try a Mamoswine: Ice Shard/Stone Edge/EQ/Ice Fang with a Choice Scarf, he will surprise alot, sweep teams, and work well with Rain because he will be nuetral to Fire.

I say Mamoswine can benefit your team, but I don't know who to take out.

Also, use Black Glasses on Honchkrow, benefits 3/4 of your moves without locking you in 1. (Also since you wont need to switch as much, it will benefit you to not worry about SR too).

Nas

Banned deucer.
I just played this team on Shoddy like five minutes ago, and it is really good. However, I suggest you use HP Electric on Ludicolo so you can counter Gyarados better unless you are willing to change it for Starmie like Brawlex suggested. Unfortunately if you do that you will lose your rain and gengar will get raped by sandstream.

Ludicolo looks like it's the weak link, so Celebi over it would solve your Gyara problem. Celebi also learns Rain Dance, if you want to keep that for Gengar... Something like GK, Rain Dance, Leech Seed, Recover to help with Blissey too.

with Celebi, you could change Jirachi EVs for a more SDef oriented one. Using Icy Wind + Thunder(bolt) on Jirachi with a Bold nature would still help with the Para and Icy Wind is sooo cool when they catch Garchomps and lower their Spd -1. Thunder(bolt) also helps even more with Gyarados and against Skarm.

so, without Ludicolo, MixApe is even more a threat. Starmie over Forretress maintains the Spin and serve as a good Garchomp revenge killer too.

Ice Beam is better on Swampert over Waterfall. Change its nature to Relaxed.

thanks for the input everyone. gonna stealth bump this after working on it some more!!

lol 5 stars

please dont

Sup Gorm uh I played you earlier and it looked really good. Prloy should have won the first match by PPstalling your honchkrow but w/e ._.

anyway your skarm problem was huge and very noticable. So how about putting thunder on Jirachi? deals with gyara (ohko) and take skarms. and with serne grace and rain dance it seems just way to obvious to pass up.

definitely a 5 star team though it rocks

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Uh Gorm...ever faced a Heatran yet?

Celebi, Jirachi, Gengar, Honchkrow and Forry are all OHKO'd by a Timid max attack Fire Blast and Swampert has never been the most reliable counter with his lack of recovery and weakness to the occassional HP Grass.

CB Honchkrow is a great Pokemon when your prediction's on but he is horribly walled by Steels and I can't help but feel dirty when using 3 Dark moves. If you really wanna maximise his potential you could try switching the nature to Lonely/Naughty and using HP Fire/Ground from that respectable 105 Base SpA (246 w/o investment). You're 2HKO'ing Skarm with SR support. HP Ground hammers Magnezone and Heatran. You could also go with Life Orb, although I'm a bit hesitant about that considering his SR weak. Your other option is Steel Wing for a lovely 64.04% - 75.28% on 60/0 Tar but that's probably the only use you'll get out of it.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Cool team, but if Gengar happens to be paralysed then you are 6-0ed by MixApe. Scary thing is, it doesn't even need a Nasty Plot to do it. I'd say ditch Jirachi for Vaporeon. Beats MixApe, counters Gyara if you don't believe in your Celebi too much and passes Wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)