If You Could Use Pokemon You Like In Competitive Battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could use Pokemon you like in competitive battling, which would you use? I am making this thread because its very difficult to use your favorite Pokemon sometimes when you are battling, especially in OU or online with so many powerful Pokemon.

For example... I have always liked Pokemon like Xatu and Delcatty, but they are hardly used since they are outclassed... but it would be very nice if they were all equal.

If I could make improvements to them... I would make Delcatty have +10 on all stats and make Normalize 2x STAB and Xatu to get more useful moves that makes it different from other Psychic Pokemon like Air Slash.

Please don't make it too crazy like Meganium with Sacred Fire and +100 stats or something! Just to make the Pokemon raise a tier or two! ^_^

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can still use them in competitive battling...You could make a team based around them etc. You just won't be very successful.. But anyway, I would give Flareon some actuL usuable physical fire type moves. Worst of the eeveelutions, competitively.

I'd change salamences typing to water/dragon. We've already got an OU Rayquaza. An OU Palkia would be decent.

Considering that Victreebel is a complete and utter BAMF, it is sad to note that Nintendo has afflicted it with a terrible movepool and badly distributed stats.

Fixes:
-Attack should be raised by 10
-Speed should be raised by 10
-Special Attack should be lowered by 10
-Greater Movepool. Add Power Whip, Brick Break, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Crunch, Poison Fang, Psycho Cut, Aromatherapy, Signal Beam, Taunt, Air Slash. The guy has fangs.
-Second Ability. I'd take anything, really, but Indimidate and Hyper Cutter sure sound lovely. Gluttony would be rational. Even Levitate would be nice. It's obvious that Vic floats.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Probopass being pure steel and having a recovery move would make me ejaculate.

well, not really, but hyperbole is cool

lol this would be a pipe dream.... New in bold.

Sceptile
Grass/Dragon

HP:70
Atk:111
Def:80
SpA:105
SpD:90
Speed:123

Dragon Rush
Dragon Dance
The Elemental Fangs

why? favorite pokemon

Be able to use Eevee! Eevee, not it's evos. And Skitty/Delcatty of course. Honestly there are way to many Pokemon with bad stats, abilities etc but a truly superb movepool. Look at Delcatty's movepool.

Also I'd like for all the 'can't be used without Spin Support' Stealth Rock fearing Pokemon to be useable again.

*thinks of base stats of 120 in all stats on Eevee*

I always wanted to use Salamence in UU he's my favourite Pokemon

maybe we can bring its stats down to the fourties that's what UU play is like

Torterra. I would take 50 points out of its already pitiful special attack stat and add 25 of them to speed, and the other 25 to attack. Now you have a beastly LO rock polish sweeper. and then why not add 10 points to HP to improve its tanking abilities and reduce wood hammer recoil, this would give it the same BST as swampert (535)

and now Deoxys-D, it's one of my favorite ubers but it can hardly take any powerful assaults thanks to its pathetic hp. remixing its 50/160/160 defenses into something like 100/135/135 will let it take hits from both sides approximately 20% better.

Zangoose is my favorite Pokemon. How about if its stats changed from:
73/115/60/60/60/90 to:
90/115/80/45/85/55

and giving it access to Dragon Dance (if Tyranitar gets it, then Zangoose should too) and Recover. That thing is too fat to have 90 base speed. I can imagine it destroying unprepared teams.

Zangoose @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
-Recover / Close Combat
-Return
-Close Combat / Shadow Claw

I think it'd be funny to take out 10 points from Tyranitar's Def and Special Defense (it'd still have 236 Def and 216 SpD w/o SS) and add them to Speed. Now Tyranitar has 81 Base Speed, hell, let's be cute and remove 5 points from Special Attack and now Tyranitar is Base 86; outrunning Heracross.

Of course, we all know Aerodactyl needs Brave Bird and Head Smash. Gosh that'd be fun.

As far as a modifying Pokemon wish list goes:

Electivire: Give him Volt Tackle and Close Combat. That should work.

Sudowoodo: I like the aesthetic more than in battle. I don't know how to improve him without a major overhaul.

Farfetch'd: See Sudowoodo, but even more so.

Honchkrow: Give him back Murkrow's Speed, and give him Brave Bird.

Qwilfish: What was GameFreak thinking when they took away his Swords Dance in DPP?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought it fit more in here than in firebot. if i did a wrong move, just move it back there and i'll destroy it :toast:
If you REALLY want it for some reason, just let me know lol.

This isn't going to promote any intelligent discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)