In-Game Pursuits forum

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
This is an idea I've been sitting on for a while, but with the recent trend of people playing more in-game challenges, like Nuzlocke, it seems appropriate to bring it up. It would make more sense to have a sub-forum dedicated to in-game challenges, which would not only include things like Nuzlocke, Scramble and Mono-team challenges, but for the in-game competitive arenas like the Battle Towers and Battle Frontiers, and even speedruns. Since a lot of these challenges can be done in multiple games covering multiple generations, it seems more appropriate to have it as a seperate section rather than trying to shoehorn them into Stark, which doesn't always fit.

The Battle Towers and Battle Frontiers seem also appropriate to group here, since they are dedicated ingame challenges over multiple games, and require a certain level of analysis and dedication because of the almost unfair RNG that is very biased towards the AI.

Speedruns is something I am a particular fan of, and I would like to see more discussion here at Smogon about speedrunning Pokemon games in general. It is an in-game challenge like the Nuzlocke or Scramble challenges, but there is a goal to aim for of fastest time which adds another dimension of complexity and fun challenge. There is a lot more planning involved in speedrunning compared to other challenges, and it is in many ways more in-depth, and does require a certain level of patience, but is also very rewarding.

I agree entirely. That is why Serebii has members: in-game forums. Then again, we'
re a competitive pokemon site. Still, we need this.

Yeah, at the worst, it would get it out of the way of people who prefer the more competitive sides to Pokemon. And at best, we get a speedrun/challenge/battle frontier forum!

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's definitely worthwhile to implement this now just as a new Gen is starting since
1. New games means people will be starting a whole new slew of in-game challenges.
2. Tons of new competitive Pokemon discussion will be taking place
3. We don't really want to see these two elements jostling for space in the same subforum.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think this is a good idea. The only immediate problem I see is a relatively small amount of threads.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Stark really too quick for those? I mean, I noticed that the last thread on the front page was posted in on August 30th. That's a week and a half worth of threads. I don't know if a sub-forum for each of those threads would be very useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)