Other In love with PU

Hi everyone. This is my very first RMT, I hope it's not too early on in the PU metagame to post this RMT, but I really liked this team I scrounged up so I'll take the risk

Importable:

Armin (Volbeat) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass

Annie (Poliwrath) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Mikasa (Sawsbuck) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Return
- Jump Kick

Ymir (Regice) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Sasha (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Defog
- Roost

Reiner (Golem) @ Weakness Policy/Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

(NB: Pelipper isn't allowed to carry Defog + Rain Dish on PS!, before anyone asks)
(NB: Regice's EV spread still needs work, but I'm keeping it like this for now)

So the team started around me wanting to use Belly Drum 'Wrath, which seemed like a potent sweeper with rain up.

Naturally, the first choice for a Rain setter for me was Volbeat, as I thought with the fast-paced nature of this team, getting Rain Dance as a priority would be quite a blessing. The fact that I also run Regice with Rain dance is mostly since I always run two weather setters, out of habit, which I suppose arose from the fact that I'm not very good with keeping frail mons alive, such as Volb.

As for the move sets on the Rain setters, I have Volbeat giving me much needed Tail Glow + Baton Pass, which often ends up going off to Pelipper, as Hurricane and Surf together, in the rain, prove to be extremely damaging to most thing in terms of coverage. Occasionally, it also ends up being passed off to Regice, but this is only on the occasion of a strong special attack heading my way.

Regice's moves come mostly out of coverage, and getting a slight surprise on Mantine users is rather a blessing for the team. Additionally, Ice beam gets hard hits on Flying-Types which the team struggles to scrap up. Flash Cannon on the last slot is probably expendable, and if anyone has any suggestions, that's definitely a slot that could be improved.

Next up, Pelipper runs a sort of offensive/utility set, being bulky enough to stop plenty of physical attacks that aren't super-effective. Hurricane also gets a good boost from the rain which happens to be present most of the time.

Sawsbuck was a more difficult choice. I figured with the fact that I only had one Grass-Type resistance, being Volbeat, it made sense to have an immunity to Grass on the team. Buck's offensive presence has served me very well so far, catching Physically bulky switch-ins off-guard sometimes with the Choice Band's power boost.

Lastly, I thought I needed an Electric-Type immunity and Rocks-Setter. Golem naturally sprang to mind, being something I used a lot in Gen 5 NU, and the Weakness policy as an item was included to be used in conjuction with Rock Polish, as has become rather typical in the PU metagame. Rock Slide over Stone Edge is a decision I made as mostly, Rock-Type moves are almost solely used on Pokemon that are weak to Rock, so the damage difference was rarely all that valuable, and not missing was crucial in many of these situations.

What the team struggles to defeat:

So far, I have had the largest problems with Kadabra, having a sash and preventing Poli from sweeping, Weakness Policy + Rock Polish Golem, and Raichu, particularly the Scarfed variant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Interesting team man, i love PU too and i very enjoyed your team. It's pretty unusual, Sawsbuck(dat nick lol) is a cool choice, but I'm not sure is the best Poke for this team. Unfortunately I can't test this team right now but it seems solid. Golem is so unespected, whit the WP+RP can hit hard, I use this strategy whit Metagross. I'm sorry now I can't help more, but I gtg. Dat nicks are cool, the AoT theme lol... poor Arminn XD

You dont need those Speed EVs, put them on Def/SpD.
Frost Breath is better than Ice beam, because it work better against CM users like Serperior and Swoobat.

Peli is nice, but, why not Swanna? is better for offensive teams, and you already check Sneasel with Poli.
Saws looks usefull, but maybe another rain abuser would be better, Swift Swim Golduck can be cool with the Tail pass support. Grass-Type can not do much to Regice/Volbeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)