Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Intimidate paired with the best support movepool in the game has always allowed Incineroar to shine in DOU, and SV is no different! Fake Out and Parting Shot turns Incineroar into a pivoting nightmare for many teams to handle, while Flare Blitz and Knock Off allow it to keep the pace up offensively with the ability to threaten Amoonguss, Porygon2, Flutter Mane, Kingambit, and more. Parting Shot in particular is useful as it can allow teammates to come in safely while quickly creating momentum and weakening opponents. Tera Water allows for Incineroar to handle Volcanion much more safely, The given EVs allow Incineroar to survive one Volcanion Steam Eruption without the use of Tera, while Tera Water allows Incineroar to handle Volcanion, Landorus, and Rain teams more effectively. Incineroar shines as a support Pokemon and teammate Pokemon like Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, and Rillaboom; the former two enjoy the added bulk Incineroar supplies with Intimidate, Fake Out, and Parting Shot to unload powerful attacks with relative safety, while the latter creates a strong VoltTurn Fake Out core to constantly put on pressure.

1130 (950 without spaces)

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
will have it written tomorrow, no time today and got no warning yesterday abt being busy yesterday

Smudge

NatDex Doubles TL
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
reiterating my discord qc as it was not successfully implemented:

Intimidate paired with the best support movepool in the game has always allowed Incineroar to shine in DOU, and SV is no different!
we're not contextualizing its place in prior metagames in this spotlight, please convert this to some sort of typical spotlight tagline. could make some pun about "re entering the ring" or something related to wrestling, but this doesn't really hook the reader imo & is over written

Fake Out and Parting Shot turns Incineroar into a pivoting nightmare for many teams to handle, while Flare Blitz and Knock Off allow it to keep the pace up offensively with the ability to threaten Amoonguss, Porygon2, Flutter Mane, Kingambit, and more.
this needs to be broken down move-by-move & select key examples on why each move is useful.

fake out can cover for a switching in teammate or provide setup or substitute opportunities
flare blitz 2HKOs rillaboom, amoongus, kingambit's default types/usual investment
knock removes precious items such as porygon2's eviolite or the many assault vests in the tier
parting shot generally slows down the pace of the game, particularly on predicted to switch ins, and give yourself more momentum in general

reword parting shot sentence - remove "in particular", i.e. "Parting shot generates momentum and gives teammates opportunities to switch in safely", something like this

Tera Water allows for Incineroar to handle Volcanion much more safely, The given EVs allow Incineroar to survive one Volcanion Steam Eruption without the use of Tera, while Tera Water allows Incineroar to handle Volcanion, Landorus, and Rain teams more effectively.
first part is repeated

there's still no proper explanation of teammates, remove chien pao mention, focus on flutter mane appreciating the attack drops, and rilla forming a double fake out core. the "VoltTurn" mention here is odd, as there's no volt switch, just pshot and rilla's u-turn, but rilla's u-turn is a bit out of scope in my opinion, so just remove this. another mon that's great with incin is lando, as previously mentioned it can give it sub opportunities but it's also quite frail, so threatening chien-pao is another good quality.

if you are not able to implement these, please let us know so this can be reassigned.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
implementing tomorrow when i have time
edit: no time so itll be sometime tomorrow between 12pm and 7pm gmt tomorrow (monday)

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
yeah i keep forgetting or not getting time, Smudge Milak ill try to get it implemented tomorrow but feel free to put it back up if thats not early enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)