Incoming of the Dancing Aura Sweep

Incoming of the Dancing Aura Sweep!

Team Building Process

Tyranitar and Magnezone
Well first off, I wanted a setup, mid-late game sweeper. There were many option, but I decided to stick to DD Tyranitar. The first thing that came to mind when I chose Tyranitar was Scarfed Magnezone, in order to get rid of Scizor, even foretress, and almost act as a revenge killer.

Skarmory
In order to ensure many kills with Tyranitar and make sweeping overall a lot easier, I needed to find someone to set up some entry hazards. It was between Skarmory and forretress, and I opted for Skarmory as it can set up spikes and be a physical wall, mush like Forry, but it can phase with Whirlwind.

Suicune
After I had my physical wall, I knew that choosing a special wall would be beneficial. Suicune came to mind as it can take both physical and special attack,s heal and take away any status. Enter crocune.

Breelom
Tinkerbell (support Celebi), seemed like a good idea; it could spread paralysis, scout and kill bulky grounds (like swampert and Hippodown) which could be troublesome for Tyranitar. But, I realized that I didn’t really need T-Wave support. Therefore, I chose breelom, that nasty pest. It can kill bulky grounds just as well, if not better, while still spreading sleep, and even sweep unprepared teams. It gave some valuable water, electric and grass resistance as well.

Infernape
I needed stealth rock to be set up, so I started thinking about stealth rock leads. I came across Jirachi and Infernape, but opted for infernape as it had fake out to break sashes and could come back packed a punch. Fire blast helps rid off steels that can wall Tyranitar.

Starmie and Rotom-H
The LO Ape weakness I had was just devastating. It could hit 4/6 of my pokemon with stab SE moves, it had to fixed. So my fellow Smogoners gave me some very handy advice. The first was replacing CroCune with LO Starmie... great as I was looking to replace Cune anyways. It aids me against Infernape and also acts as a nifty revenge killer. The second change was replacing Magnezone with Rotom-H. Did all that my Zone did( bar trap), sldo acted as a pin blocker and aided against Ape.

Lucario
I realized that TTar wasn't working as well as I wanted it to, so I wanted to replace him. I also needed some sort of priority move, to take care of Revenge Killers (flygon) or strong electric special attackers(Jolteon)... enter Lucario.

Heatran
Looking for a replacement for skarmory, which felt much like a dead weight, in come Heatran. Heatran aids me greatly in countering special attacker, a huge weakness for this team (bar Scarf Rotom-W) (Courtesy of another Smogoner :))
In-Depth

Infernape (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/254 SpAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd,-Def)
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Infernape’s great because it can break sashes without taking any damage. Then it can either set up stealth rock, which greatly aids Lucario, or go for the KO Which gives me some early momentum. Although, many times it can set up SR AND KO leads, such as with Azlef (fake out, SR, Fire Blast).

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 SAtk
Calm Nature (+SDef,- Atk)
-Lava Plume
-Earth Power
-Protect
-Toxic

This heatran set looks as if was made just for this team. Although unorthodox and orginal, this Special Defensive Heatran set, courtesy of a fellow Smogoner, covers my team's greatest weakness, special attacks (specially electric). It can semi stall with poison and protect. Also, it can spread burn with lava plume (30%). Works amazingly well against Jolteon, previously a major threat for the team. It also handles Rotom forms, except for Rotom-W which deems dangerous. Its the perfect balance of Special defense as well as pretty hard hitting special attack.

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spore
- Substitute

Breelom’s main goal here is to kill bulky grounds, I’m looking at you swampert! He can come into them with ease, and simply kill them, making TTar’s sweep much easier. But, great thing is that breelom can actually rack in quite a few kills, the less prepared teams can easily be torn up by him. Also, his 12% hp gain and substitutes means he can keep coming back and taking care of Bulky Grounds that could be hard to sweep with Lucario, even at +2 atk.

---
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

LO Starmie is amazing, to say the least. It's a check for many pokemon that could be potentially dangerous, such as LO Infernape, Gyarados, heatran and even Breelom. Truth is, it's much of a revenge killer itself, while it can easily get more than a couple of kills if a team is unprepared. It checks heatran that hurts breelom and skarmory, as well as Scizor.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

My very spooky multitasker. He is my spin blocker, which is of great use with both spikes and SR on the team, aiding my TTar to sweep and clear the game. It can revenge kill any pokemon that i deem dangerous, namely scizor, or trick and cripple a wall or something of the likes of breelom. It can come in rather easily with two immunities, take care of LO Starmie, that powerhouse, and also Infernape.

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Lucario is the star of the show. My whole aim is to slowly take away anything that could threaten Lucario, and weakening the rest. Once the opposing team is weak, it can come in, SD once and rip teams apart. Adamant nature for Lucario further boosts its raw power, further aiding SD. In fact, it can 2hit KO Gyara after intimidate, and Lucario can easily kill most pokemon with Extremespeed if they're round 40-50% health.

Threats:
Subspore breelom
can be troublesome , as my best bet to kill him would have to be either Starmie or Rotom, and both of them would have to take a hit before being able to kill.

Also, any mixed Evire can be dealt with Lucario's +2 extremespeed and Heatran, but physical attacks can put quite a dent on heatran.
Scarf Flygon
can now be easily handled with Lucario +2's extreme speed. Once Lucario is gone, though, its troublesome.
Any of the Scarfed Rotom forms can definitely be threatening. The only chance i have i tome in with my own Rotom-h and take the thunderbolt, other than that they can really hurt my team. Rotom ormes can be handled by Heatran, except for Rotom-W.

A Last Glance

Opposing Mixapes will absolutely wreck your team to high hell.

Close Combat vs Magnezone AND Ttar?
Fire Blast vs Skarmory / Breloom / Magnezone?
And finally Suicune can survive a Grassknot and end his sweep and be the sole survivor.

The first thing that came to mind when i first saw this was, INFERNAPE = KO, Suicune might be able take a grass knot, but it'll still be the end of the world for your tema

Like the others said, Mix Ape destroys your team, with Suicune being the only one able to take it on, only if it's at a decent health. Since you said that you were looking for a replacement for Suicune, I think LO Starmie would fit your team better, being able to check Infernape very well, as well as alleviate your Dragonite and DD Gyara problems.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+spe - Atk)
4HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover/Rapid Spin

Recover or Rapid Spin is your choice. I personally don't think you need Spin support THAT much, but if you really want it, go ahead.

Also, since you have Spikes, you also need a spin blocker. I think Magnezone can be replaced by a Choice Scarf Rotom-H.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (+spe, -atk)
4HP, 252 SPATK, 252 SPE

Thunderbolt
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Trick

He can perform the same duties as Magnezone, which based on your descriptions, is killing Scizor, LO Starmie, etc. He can also spin block, unlike Magnezone, and outspeed and KO most spinners with Thunderbolt or Overheat. If you really fear Scizor that much, you can also run Babiri Berry and Fire Punch over Earthquake on Tyranitar, although it shouldnt be a problem with Rotom-H.

GL

Notable Problems

• Infernape
As others have noted, your team currently has a rather large weakness to opposing Infernape. Both physically and specially-based sets can be troublesome, as they are easily capable of 2HKO'ing every member of your team. Suicune can make for a decent check in some situations, but takes heavy damage from Grass Knot, a relatively common move on Infernape. The only team member that manages to outspeed it is Magnezone, which cannot safely switch into either of Infernape's STAB attacks without risking a KO.

• Lack of a spinblocker
This is fairly straightforward. Your team currently involves using Skarmory to stack entry hazards and apply pressure on the opponent. However, all the turns you dedicate to setting up Spikes will be wasted if your opponent carries a Rapid Spinner. Due to the fact that you lack a Ghost-type of any kind, spinners such as Starmie can remove your entry hazards without a problem.

Suggestions

• Replace Skarmory
Although Skarmory's ability to stack entry hazards is useful in certain situations, I feel that it is out of place on this fairly offensive team and could be rather easily replaced. Adding in a more useful team member would also clear up some of your weaknesses to Infernape, which would prove much more beneficial long-term. I recommend that you add in a potent offensive threat that synergizes well with Tyranitar and Magnezone: SubSplit Gengar.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Substitute

This set is very effective at dealing damage to both stall and offensive teams alike, and has the added bonus of functioning as a great Infernape check. Gengar can switch in after a kill or even into Close Combats and threaten to KO Infernape with a LO Shadow Ball. You can use these opportunities to set up a Substitute and wreak further havoc upon your opponent. As mentioned earlier, Gengar also formes a potent offensive core with Magnezone and Tyranitar. It tends to lure out opposing Steel-types for Magnezone to trap, allowing Tyranitar to have a much easier time sweeping.

Good luck with your team!

Thanks Guys!

Although I'm tempted to run LO Starmie and Scarf Rotom, as they are both Pokemon that I had given some thought to (and from your descriptions, they really do help me), I'm tempted to try that Gengar. Sure, I'd loose some entry Hazards and Phazing, but I'd add Gengar to my Ttar-Magne Core, which I've sure heard about before.

I'll definitely test these suggestions ASAP

Keep 'em coming! :)

After some testing, decided to replace my Magnezone and Suicune for Rotom-H, tip courtesy of my fellow smogoners.

Bump for 24 hour inactivity :)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar CAN'T switch into Thunderbolt from Specs/Life Orb Jolteon, it's a 2HKO and it can't outspeed Jolteon even after a Dragon Dance.

And Jolteon is a big threat to your team, really big one.

HP Ice can take care of Breloom, Thunderbolt will 2HKO/OHKO every other member on your team so you can't switch into anything, though it can be revenge killed by Rotom, Rotom might die to Shadow Ball.

Using Swampert over Starmie might be able to reduce the Jolteon weakness, although it might carry HP Grass, other than that, Swampert walls it all day and even set up on it.

Swampert @ Leftovers
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Earthquake
- Waterfall

Now for nitpicks, Tyranitar NEEDS Stone Edge for more power, Rock Slide is just poor, while Stone Edge has the potential to take care of Starmie switch-ins, you might want to give your Tyranitar Taunt over Crunch so it can't be phazed by Skarmory or give your Skarmory little more speed so it can't be phazed by opposing skarmories/phazers.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 234 Def / 24 Spe
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Scarf Ape could be a big threat in your team too with U-Turn,Fire Blast, Close Combat and HP ice beacause it can OHKO or 2HKO all members of your team.

CM & Wish jirachi with psychic and Tbolt could do lots of dammage too.

From the looks of it, a think that would really aid me in my Jolteon weakness and Flygon Weakness (or any scarfed revenge-killer), would be some sort of Priority move.

As TTar wasn't working as I wanted it, I decided that m setup pokemon should have a priority move. This brings me down to SD Lucario (with Extremespeed AND Bullet Punch) which should be abe to safely handle revenge killers. The other option is SD Scizor, but BP being weak to electric is discouraging.

Ideas? I'll be currently testing both Luke and Scizor

EDIT: While testing Lucario, I found outs its a pokemon i just LOVE. I managed to SD once, and then sweep 4/6 pokemon with my DUAL priority moves. He switched into Gengar predicting Extremespeed, and BP took him down. He then moved into Ape, to 4x resist BP, to be KO'ed by extremespeed. Also got Close Combat KO to metagross... and something else too. I did en-up loosing the match since Luke died, and he sent out a jolten, proving how I can't send out luke prematurely and i need something else against jolteon.

EDIT: Substituted Tyranitar for Lucario, working great!

Well, the thing about double priority Lucario is...what on earth do you do when a Rotom-A comes in? Trust me, that's one of the most common switch ins (as well as Gyarados, which would shut it down anyway, and Zapdos but whatever). You literally can't touch it at all.

Hmmm ur team looks pretty alright... except for Lucario: Why are you using Jolly on Lucario when you have 2 priority moves? N like alix said, rotom-a causes massive problems for you, as scarf rotom-a deals heavy damage with overheat (Oven), or even STAB thunderbolt. Bulky variants can shrug off +2 BP n WoW you.
Jolly nature to make sure I out-speed Jolly Gyarados, (so I can SD before they taunt)
Wouldn't Gyarados just EQ 1st turn? OHKO!
That being said, use Adamant nature if you are sticking with your priority moves or change your nature to Jolly and replace BP with Crunch, as after SD, you can outspeed and OHKO all variants (i think, will confirm wif damage calc later) of Rotom-A before they can WoW you (Watch out for scarf sets). Also helps against Pokes like Celebi

+2 Jolly Crunch deals 97%-115% on Bold 252hp/168def Rotom-A (Smogon Defensive Set)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
From the looks of it, a think that would really aid me in my Jolteon weakness and Flygon Weakness (or any scarfed revenge-killer), would be some sort of Priority move.

As TTar wasn't working as I wanted it, I decided that m setup pokemon should have a priority move. This brings me down to SD Lucario (with Extremespeed AND Bullet Punch) which should be abe to safely handle revenge killers. The other option is SD Scizor, but BP being weak to electric is discouraging.

Ideas? I'll be currently testing both Luke and Scizor

EDIT: While testing Lucario, I found outs its a pokemon i just LOVE. I managed to SD once, and then sweep 4/6 pokemon with my DUAL priority moves. He switched into Gengar predicting Extremespeed, and BP took him down. He then moved into Ape, to 4x resist BP, to be KO'ed by extremespeed. Also got Close Combat KO to metagross... and something else too. I did en-up loosing the match since Luke died, and he sent out a jolten, proving how I can't send out luke prematurely and i need something else against jolteon.

EDIT: Substituted Tyranitar for Lucario, working great!
That's why you need to send out Lucario late-game, to make sure Lucario's counters are eliminated.

Also, unless you don't mind being walled by Rotom, having Crunch over BP is nice.

BTW, Ape resists BP 2x, not 4x.

Edit: @ Above: Gyarados usually DD'd first turn (almost ALWAYS DD's first turn if it's offensive DDGyara) so with predicting it can be eliminated.

And using Adamant over Jolly is preferred, to get the 2HKO on Gyarados with ExtremeSpeed at +1, it does 60.5% - 71.4% to 4 HP Gyarados.

Yes, the changes in nature and attack (Crunch over BP) are definitely more beneficial.
Although I do loose the ability to BP Gengar, i can just deal with him with Starmie and/or Rotom. I also don't loose much against Rotom as he resist BP, anyways.

I've also been noticing that Skaromory, although great to switch into, turns out to be much more of a dead weight that anything else, resulting in the loss of momentum. An eletric immunity would be great here... suggestions?

Keep more suggestions coming :)

I'd think a specially defensive Tran would help against Jolteon and not be the dead weight that you say Skarmory is.

Calm @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 SAtk
-Lava Plume
-Earth Power
-Protect
-Toxic

Excellent set, I love it to death. The EVs let it get a max lefties number and give your attacks a bit more punch. Protect gets some extra lefties recovery / toxic damage, Earth Power takes care of the aforementioned Jolteon, and Heatran if you can nail it on a switch (you can actually live an unboosted Tran's EP, but you should be switching Starmie in on that initially). Lava Plume's burn rate is great, and Toxic cripples things like Vaporeon to death, since it sometimes fails to 2HKO with Surf, and never will if you protect for some extra lefties.

Also, if you implement this, keep dual priority Luc, this Tran walls the hell out of all Rotoms (except for Specs wash form). Most of them are faster and can KO Luc before you can Crunch them, anyways.

Good luck!

That heatran is working absolute wonders :D
It really really helps me in my specially electric weakness, which was really threatening for my team, well except for Rotom-H.

Breelom still proves to be troublesome, i need help with him ( i usually end up loosing 1-2 pokemon, at least).

I've really been having a rough time against Trick Room teams, especially Marowak..., I'd need help with this, as putting a slower/wallier pokemon will bring my momentum down.

Also, Kindgra can be dangerous, as after 1 DD can really hurt my team.

Suggestions?

P.S. 48 hour inactivity bump :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)