Influence

I have never really had many friends, because I was too busy moving, fighting with my parent and contemplating suicide. Because of this, I have become a pretty shy person, with most of my socializing being done with the opposite sex.

On the plus side, obviously more opportunities means more rewards (:p) and while I dont think I will ever lose the "shell" I have formed throughout my life, I am definitely a lot more talkative to the people I do know than I ever used to be.

Since "9/11", many people have had a fear, or at least an uncomfortable feeling, when flying. While I do sometimes feel weird on an airplane, it doesn't really stem from those events, as I have always had a huge fear of heights. However things like that leave me wondering...

- What is it about people that lets them be so easily swayed by events such as those of September 11th? Are people really that stupid that before that date they didnt think a terrorist attack was possible? Or is it not-so-easy to ignore the possibility once you have "seen" it happen?
- What is one event that has changed you, and how has it made you a better (or worse) person?
- If you could, would you "erase" the personal repercussion(s) of this/these event(s) from your life?
- What kind of things do you think have (had) the most influence on your life, and in the lives of people in general?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)