Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Att | 252 Spd
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Adamant
-Iron Head
-Trick
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Punch/Wish

Description: Jirachi is an excellent lead, preventing the opponent from setting up Stealth Rock 60% of the time due to Iron Head. Iron Head also 2HKOs any Tyranitar, and most Tyranitar can't even OHKO with EQ anyways. Mid-late game Jirachi serves as a "check" for SD Lucario and Scizor, resisting their priorities and OHKOing with Fire Punch. Jirachi helps me defeat Crocune and other annoying sweepers, or incapacitate an annoying wall. I may consider switching to Wish because I usually never use Fire Punch.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/ 80 Sp Atk/ 172 Spd
Naughty nature (+Atk, -Sp. Def)
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Description: Salamence serves as my Revenge Killer as it much needed thanks to the offensive nature of the team. ScarfMence is still a bit unexpected and hits very hard from a 405 offensive stat. Hydro Pump allows me to net handle Hippowdon and Donphan much easier without locking me into Outrage. Fire Blast give me coverage against Skarmory and Bronzong. Earthquake is a coverage move but I'm usually a bit weary about using it because it screams: SET UP ON ME! Salamence is also my "Trick" coverage because it doesnt mind either Band or Scarf.
The Sweepers

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Speed
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)
-Roost
-Brick Break
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance

Typical Scizor, but it works very effectively. I alternate between SD and Roost while stalling out all his counters. It’s really potent and has swept tons of times. Brick Break is nice for the hit on Heatran and breaking screens. As far as EVs go, max attack lets me hit for the most damage, while 252 HP lets me have minimum LO recoil. The rest is thrown into speed. Scizor is one of the team's focus pokemon, since its counters are taken care of by the other pokemon.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Grass Knot
-Vacuum Wave

Infernape is an awesome late game special sweeper. And I really don’t care about the loss of HP Ice, because surprisingly, I KO Salamence with NP Fire Blast. With resistances to Bullet Punch and Ice Shard, he can take priority attacks decently, albeit with weak defenses. Things like Mamoswine and Lucario don't even get an attack in, as a +2 LOed Vacuum Wave OHKOs them, as well as Naive ScarfTran. Grass Knot is there for bulky waters, but Vaporeon can give it problems. I don't need a wall breaker, as most of my team can handle Blissey.

Here are some damage calcs to show how devastating this thing is:

Nasty Plot Fire Blast from Infernape to 4 HP/0 Sp Def Salamence: 79.15%-93.35% OHKO with SR up.

Nasty Plot Fire Blast from Infernape to 252 HP/76 Sp Def Blissey: 68.32%- 78.60% 2HKO

NP Fire BLast OHKOes all Rotom formes encountered.

NP Fire Blast OHKOes Ludicolo.
The Defensive Core

I realize my defensive core is crushed by Grass Knot, but my other mons are all resistant to grass and can kill the pokes threatening them.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Sleep Talk/HP Electric (currently testing)

Crocune has a feeling of eternity about it: even when sleeping, it has the possibility of powering up with Calm Mind or hitting an opponent with Surf. This set solves the problem of being very vulnerable when asleep, and is still able to boost its stats. However, that comes at a price: it only has one attack.

You'll find that this Suicune has a harder time of getting past Taunt Gyarados, and you will have to PP stall against anything with Water Absorb, such as Lapras. Due to Pressure, Suicune can indeed win this, unless they have something else that can repeatedly switch in as well, as that allows them to switch back and forth between those two so that you are the only one consuming PP.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: SandStream
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp Def
Nature: Careful
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Slack Off

Curse Hippowdon is a beast and has bailed me out so many times. It's irreplaceable.

Hippowdon has impressive attacking capability with 112 Base Attack, and Curse amplifies it while reducing a stat Hippowdon rarely uses, Speed. Earthquake + give Hippowdon a very respectable range of coverage, and Slack Off is there to recover any residual damage gained the general battle.The EVs are designed to allow Hippowdon to survive a ton of special attacks, including Grass Knots from Celebi and Infernape.

Threat List

Tyranitar- Infernape takes care of T-tar with Vacuum Wave. Jirachi can handle Boah and lead ones.

Scizor: Infernape Fire Blasts and both of the defensive core stalls.

Gyarados- Jirachi can Trick its Scarf onto bulky ones, and Salamence can revenge kill offensive ones. Suicune can stall non Taunt versions and eventually Ko with Surf after a couple of CMs.

Infernape: Salamence outspeeds and OHKOes with EQ. Crocune can stall with Calm Mind. Hippo can survive a Grass Knot and KO with EQ.

Azelf: Leads are taken care of with Iron Head. Scizor picks off weakened ones with BP.

Electivire: um…….Hippowdon?

Heracross: Salamence can revenge kill and Infernape easily KOes.

Salamence: My own Salamence outspeeds and Koes. Hippo can stall it out alternating between Curse and Slack Off.
Togekiss: Suicune stalls and doesn’t care about T-wave. Jirachi can hopefully outflinch it. Stone Edge on Salamence crashes the party.

Gengar: Salamence kills it with Outrage and Hippo surpisingly can stall it. Same with Crocune.

Lucario: Infernape………Cro Cune…….. Hippo

Dugtrio: Scizor BP KOes. Infernape Vacuum Wave also does the same thing.

Porygon-Z- Infernape Vacuum Wave KOes and Crocune stalls non T-bolt versions.

Machamp: Hippowdon stalls it with ease. Suicune can stall in emergencies.

Snorlax: Jirachi can trick scarf and Hippo can stall.

Zapdos: Salamence revenges with Stone Edge. Infernape KOes with Fire Balst. Hippo can stall.

Suicune: Ugh, I hate Suicune. Most of the time Infernape scares it off with Grass Know and Jirachi can Trick its Scarf to a CMing one.

Breloom: Salamence, Infernape, and Jirachi kill it with ease.

Ninjask: Scizor BP…………

Metagross: Infernape, Salamence can kill it and the defensive core can stall.

Skymin: Scizor BP and Salamence both KO.

Heatran: NP Vacuum Wave KOes ScarfTran and Suicune takes care of it. Hippo can take care of it in emergencies.

Celebi: Infernape………………… Salamence can finish off a weakened one.

Dragonite: See Salamence

Mamoswine: Infernape and Scizor both KO with priority.

Gallade: Jirachi out flinches, Salamence crashes the party with Outrage.

Yanmega: Scizor Bullet Punch……..

Kingdra: Salamence outspeeds and KOes with STAB Outrage.

Roserade: Infernape KOes with Fire Blast and Salamence revenges it.

Your main weakness is status, which you will to be able to get rid of except on Cune.

Infernape and a Sandstream poke is going to make you lose 16% every attacking turn and I don't think that's going to be very pretty.

You really lack a special wall and that's going to let enemy CM teams really wreak havoc on your team. Cune without any SDef EVs isn't going to help you much.

Stone Edge has pretty abysmal PP and accuracy and you don't want to just get stalled out of that easily. I'd go with Rock Slide.

I'd suggest Blissey or something somewhere which will act as a good cleric. Phazers will really mess with you too, so be careful.

Your main weakness is status, which you will to be able to get rid of except on Cune.

Infernape and a Sandstream poke is going to make you lose 16% every attacking turn and I don't think that's going to be very pretty.

You really lack a special wall and that's going to let enemy CM teams really wreak havoc on your team. Cune without any SDef EVs isn't going to help you much.

Stone Edge has pretty abysmal PP and accuracy and you don't want to just get stalled out of that easily. I'd go with Rock Slide.

I'd suggest Blissey or something somewhere which will act as a good cleric. Phazers will really mess with you too, so be careful.
Stone Edge is only for fliers and things that dont get hit super effective by EQ so most of the time PP isn't a problem.

Most of the time I sweep with Infernape before sending out Hippo.

Between Hippo and Cune I really don't have a problem with special attacks except Grass knot. The main reason for losing is overpredicting.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so let's outline a few things here.

Your defensive core is thankfully backed up by a few resistances, and then the annoying Grass-types have 4 resistances.

What strikes as a weakness is Swords Dance Lucario. If it sets up a single Swords Dance, it can pose a huge threat with just Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed alone. It has two ample opportunities to set-up thankfully: Jirachi and Salamence in particular. But, this is easily solved. First off, Trick might not be a very good idea for that reason. Fire Punch will probably prove to be useful and such, and to prevent such a futile sweep is warranted. If you want Trick, Wish is probably the better move to remove. Granted, it keeps the team afloat with its sweepers, but it's a sacrifice to make.

Status, I admit, is another that is not desired. But here's the deal. Toxic Spikes is only affecting two Pokemon: Infernape and Hippowdon. Suicune can Rest off the status, Salamence levitates anyway, and Scizor / Jirachi are immune to Toxic Spikes. So that alone isn't a problem. Burning is one status, however, that could cause trouble. And finally Thunder Wave: I see this being a pain in the ass, despite having Scizor. Celebi in particular carries Thunder Wave + Grass Knot which could be very annoying to deal with.

Really, the team is quite solid, and to really suggest anything is difficult without changing the team much. I'd just slap Fire Punch on Jirachi to prevent Lucario from trampling things. Otherwise, a good team.

Okay, so let's outline a few things here.

Your defensive core is thankfully backed up by a few resistances, and then the annoying Grass-types have 4 resistances.

What strikes as a weakness is Swords Dance Lucario. If it sets up a single Swords Dance, it can pose a huge threat with just Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed alone. It has two ample opportunities to set-up thankfully: Jirachi and Salamence in particular. But, this is easily solved. First off, Trick might not be a very good idea for that reason. Fire Punch will probably prove to be useful and such, and to prevent such a futile sweep is warranted. If you want Trick, Wish is probably the better move to remove. Granted, it keeps the team afloat with its sweepers, but it's a sacrifice to make.

Status, I admit, is another that is not desired. But here's the deal. Toxic Spikes is only affecting two Pokemon: Infernape and Hippowdon. Suicune can Rest off the status, Salamence levitates anyway, and Scizor / Jirachi are immune to Toxic Spikes. So that alone isn't a problem. Burning is one status, however, that could cause trouble. And finally Thunder Wave: I see this being a pain in the ass, despite having Scizor. Celebi in particular carries Thunder Wave + Grass Knot which could be very annoying to deal with.

Really, the team is quite solid, and to really suggest anything is difficult without changing the team much. I'd just slap Fire Punch on Jirachi to prevent Lucario from trampling things. Otherwise, a good team.

SD Luke has never been a problem. Jirachi takes care of most versions, and I can use Infernape in emergencies.

Thunder Wave has never been a problem, but I've been getting burn haxxed a lot lately on Hippo. I have to admit it is very annoying, and it does hamper my stall to an extent, but usually I can get in enough Curses where it doesn't matter anyways. Usually it's when I'm stalling against something like Heatran(Yes it can stall him).

Also, I'm just wondering, should I ditch Fire Fang for Blast or dump those altogether for Crunch

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The main threat to your team is, believe it or not, Vaporeon with Ice Beam. Jirachi has to Trick it, otherwise Vaporeon Ice Beams Salamance, destroys Scizor and Infernape, beats Hippowdon (I'm assuming yours is Careful, as I can't see the nature) with a 73.31% chance of a 2HKO with Surf including one turn of Leftovers recovery and excluding SR damage. You are forced to stall against it with Suicune, but this means that Vaporeon is free to pass Wish to its entire team.

The only way to efficiently deal with Vaporen, without drastically changing the team, is to replace Sleep Talk with HP Electric on Suicune. With CM and Rest, Suicune can easily set up on these two and prepare to sweep them. In addition, it enables Suicune to beat Gyarados easier. This may make Suicune a less viable status absorber, but Hippowdon can absorb paralysis, Infernape can absorb burn and Scizor/Jirachi can absorb Toxic. It's well worth it.

Do not use Crunch on Salamance; Outrage does more damage than a super effective Crunch. Fire Blast hits more things super effective. And I would recommend a Naughty nature, so Fire Blast hits Skarmory harder. If you decide to use Naughty, you might as well change Salamance's set to this:

move 1: Outrage
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Hydro Pump
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Naughty
evs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

Hydro Pump 2HKOs bulky Grounds like Hippowdon. There's enough Speed to outrun Scarf 90 base speed pokemon without a speed boosting nautre, as well as Scarf Heatran. It actually makes a better Trick absorber with this set, as most pokemon who use Trick hold either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Specs; they rarely hold a Choice Band - why would Gengar, Starmie, Cresselia, Celebi, Alakazam and many others hold one?. This Salamance makes better use of Specs than the previous Mence thanks to more SpA and Hydro Pump.

The main threat to your team is, believe it or not, Vaporeon with Ice Beam. Jirachi has to Trick it, otherwise Vaporeon Ice Beams Salamance, destroys Scizor and Infernape, beats Hippowdon (I'm assuming yours is Careful, as I can't see the nature) with a 73.31% chance of a 2HKO with Surf including one turn of Leftovers recovery and excluding SR damage. You are forced to stall against it with Suicune, but this means that Vaporeon is free to pass Wish to its entire team.

The only way to efficiently deal with Vaporen, without drastically changing the team, is to replace Sleep Talk with HP Electric on Suicune. With CM and Rest, Suicune can easily set up on these two and prepare to sweep them. In addition, it enables Suicune to beat Gyarados easier. This may make Suicune a less viable status absorber, but Hippowdon can absorb paralysis, Infernape can absorb burn and Scizor/Jirachi can absorb Toxic. It's well worth it.

Do not use Crunch on Salamance; Outrage does more damage than a super effective Crunch. Fire Blast hits more things super effective. And I would recommend a Naughty nature, so Fire Blast hits Skarmory harder. If you decide to use Naughty, you might as well change Salamance's set to this:

move 1: Outrage
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Hydro Pump
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Naughty
evs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

Hydro Pump 2HKOs bulky Grounds like Hippowdon. There's enough Speed to outrun Scarf 90 base speed pokemon without a speed boosting nautre, as well as Scarf Heatran. It actually makes a better Trick absorber with this set, as most pokemon who use Trick hold either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Specs; they rarely hold a Choice Band - why would Gengar, Starmie, Cresselia, Celebi, Alakazam and many others hold one?. This Salamance makes better use of Specs than the previous Mence thanks to more SpA and Hydro Pump.
You're right, Hippo is Careful, I'll edit my post. *robot noises*

I will test that Salamence set and HP Electric on Suicune. You're right, half the time when I get in a stall war with something like CM Slowbro, I lose because I don't have HP Electric.

Another option is to use Draco Meteor over Stone Edge, simply to be able to revenge kill Scarf Flygon without getting stuck into Outrage and further increase your uses under Specs when trying to get opponents to Trick a Specs to you. Because I can see a few problems with Flygon, but not too bad. And considering you don't have any problems with opposing Hippos or Donphans due to Suicune and Infernape, and you have Earthquake for Heatran and Tyranitar anyway, I might say that Hydro Pump is a little redundant, although a good alternative. You can try both.

Maybe try Ice Fang on Hippo so you can try to do something to Celebi? You say it can take hits from Grass Knot, but it's useless for you to say this when you can't do shit back anyway. Either way you'd still lose to Celebi being that Ice Fang is a 2hko after Curse at best and Grass Knot is a 2hko and Celebi being faster you lose. Still Ground-Ice is a great combo, something to consider, and with the newly added HP Electric on Suicune the Hippo won't have to worry about Gyara once thats out of the way. Another thing, Ice Fang can help conserve PP when trying to beat Zapdos (having Pressure and limiting Hippo to 4 uses of Stone Edge), even better than Rock Slide. Hell you can predict its Roost with Earthquake or Curse anyway, but still only 4 uses of Stone Edge would suck imo. You can still hit Salamence and, in addition, Flygon.

Another option is to use Draco Meteor over Stone Edge, simply to be able to revenge kill Scarf Flygon without getting stuck into Outrage and further increase your uses under Specs when trying to get opponents to Trick a Specs to you. Because I can see a few problems with Flygon, but not too bad. And considering you don't have any problems with opposing Hippos or Donphans due to Suicune and Infernape, and you have Earthquake for Heatran and Tyranitar anyway, I might say that Hydro Pump is a little redundant, although a good alternative. You can try both.

Maybe try Ice Fang on Hippo so you can try to do something to Celebi? You say it can take hits from Grass Knot, but it's useless for you to say this when you can't do shit back anyway. Either way you'd still lose to Celebi being that Ice Fang is a 2hko after Curse at best and Grass Knot is a 2hko and Celebi being faster you lose. Still Ground-Ice is a great combo, something to consider, and with the newly added HP Electric on Suicune the Hippo won't have to worry about Gyara once thats out of the way. Another thing, Ice Fang can help conserve PP when trying to beat Zapdos (having Pressure and limiting Hippo to 4 uses of Stone Edge), even better than Rock Slide. Hell you can predict its Roost with Earthquake or Curse anyway, but still only 4 uses of Stone Edge would suck imo. You can still hit Salamence and, in addition, Flygon.
A) Celebi is completely raped by Infernape and Salamence, and I always kill Celebi before sending out HIppo.

B)If I ever face Zapdos with Hippowdon, I would stall and and Curse until I get to +6(which actually, is very easy to do). 1 Stone Edge would do the trick.

Suicune needs Hp electric or Gyara is going to walk all over this team. Also I don't see Infernape as an efective sweeper in this meta an especially due to Latias being brough in it is even less of one.

But you explain that Hippo can take a Grass Knot from Celebi, to me that would imply that you'd keep it and attack it. I still like Ice Fang better.

this team looks real cool, i thought and thought and there isn't anything that might kill you outright. First off, i suggest you keep fire punch on Jirachi, it actually does help as a Scizor/Lucario check which can wear down your team pretty quickly, Lucario more so than Scizor since Close Combat's do wear down Hippowdon and Suicune rather quickly. Or maybe it's just a bias, i never really found use for Wish on choiced sets.

Kingdra seems to be a pain for you to counter, of course, i can't say anything about prediction, but Specs Kingdra can severely dent your team and switch out every time salamence comes in on it, since Salamence is faster than Kingdra even with adamant. Rain Dance Kingdra hurts you even more, outspeeding and OHKOing Salamence with Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, or any SE attack at it's disposal, and beating the rest of your team, obviously, my suggestion is to remove Suicune, and place special defensive vaporeon on your team, and change Hippowdon to a standard physically bulky one, vaporeon can stop special kingdra or at least outstall it, pass wish around your team, so Jirachi can free up that wish slot for another move, and hippowdon can have SR, so Jirachi can be a full sweeperachi. it might also help with the vaporeon that darknessmalice talked about. (though i dunno if you're that willing to give up curse hippowdon, if it works for you, keep it, its rather solid)

Another thing i'm worried about, Tentacruel, and the only things that are going to dent him badly are your scarfers, I honestly cant think of a solution that will involve a small change of your team, so perhaps Thunderpunch on jirachi? To help since Salamence is weak to SR so you might not want to switch it in too often, but it seems like a bitch to handle for the team.

hope i helped.

Tenta is not a problem, I easily set up Suicune on it and HP Electric it to death.

My Kingdra weakness is quite easily taken care of by Suicune, who can stall it, Infernape, whose NP Grass Knots KO it, and Salamence.

SD Lucario is definitely a threat as Colonel M pointed out. Simply having "checks" against it does not mean you have it covered. After an SD, Lucario KO's Hippowdon, and a +2 Close Combat followed by a +1 Extremespeed KO's Salamence. Jirachi is the true check, but if you are locked into anything other than Fire Punch, you're virtually beaten.

For this reason, I suggest running the bog standard defensive Hippowdon. It provides an additional method of dealing with Lucario, and also deals with those annoying CBTars that can cause havok on your team (one mispredict and you basically lose a pokemon).

If you want more reason to switch to a defensive Hippowdon, consider Fighting types in general. You're assuming that an Offensive Salamence counters these threats. CBHeracross can maul your team after Salamence is gone, and with SR almost guaranteed to be in play, it's not switching in often. Sure you have mons that outspeed CBHeracross, but no initial switch-ins. For this reason, you should have a cushion for these threats, in the form of a defensive Hippowdon.

SD Lucario is definitely a threat as Colonel M pointed out. Simply having "checks" against it does not mean you have it covered. After an SD, Lucario KO's Hippowdon, and a +2 Close Combat followed by a +1 Extremespeed KO's Salamence. Jirachi is the true check, but if you are locked into anything other than Fire Punch, you're virtually beaten.

For this reason, I suggest running the bog standard defensive Hippowdon. It provides an additional method of dealing with Lucario, and also deals with those annoying CBTars that can cause havok on your team (one mispredict and you basically lose a pokemon).

If you want more reason to switch to a defensive Hippowdon, consider Fighting types in general. You're assuming that an Offensive Salamence counters these threats. CBHeracross can maul your team after Salamence is gone, and with SR almost guaranteed to be in play, it's not switching in often. Sure you have mons that outspeed CBHeracross, but no initial switch-ins. For this reason, you should have a cushion for these threats, in the form of a defensive Hippowdon.
Heracross is not very common anymore, and Infernape slaughters both of these Fighting types with Vacuum Wave and Fire Blast.

Lucario/T-tar. is a bit of a problem, but I have never been swept by them. The reason? Hippowdon, Infernape and Jirachi.

Hippowdon: Most Lucarios think that this is the standard defensive Hippo and they can only manage a 2KO on it, so they switch out. I curse at that time, and then they realize that I'm not a defensive Hippowdon. But by that time I have cursed, and if they switch in again I curse, allowing me to take CC's easily. This reasoning is the same with T-tar, except when they Aqua Tail, I curse and can survive another Aqua Tail. from there I presume to stall with Slack Off and Curse.

Infernape: Vacuum Wave takes care of most Lucarios. With SR, Vacuum Wave is almost a garunteed OHKO. Nuff Said. T-tar switches out for fear of CC, and an NP Vacuum Wave OHKOes non-special defensive versions.

Jirachi: This thing remains the single most annoying thing for T-tar. It fails to OHKO with Fire Blast(T-boah) and EQ. Most of the the time it doesn't even get an attack in because of Iron Head. And Luke....... is outsped and OHKOed by Fire Punch even after trick.

Straying away, I have decided to replace Hydro Pump for Draco Meteor on Salamence. It still takes care of bulky Grounds, but it gives a powerful special attack in general and it is pretty good. I am also changing the EV spread to the Scarf Mence in Darknessmalice's post.

It seems like your team's weak to zapdos, be it either defensive or offensive =P
I'd suggest to replace hippowdon with blissey because it mostly just hurts your team with that sandstorm, and only one other immunity to it, but it seems like you have a very strong attachment to it xD

Hippowdon rapes Zapdos. A super effective Hidden Power does about 40% and I curse and slack off until I'm +6 or I have enough boosts to KO Zappy.

Infernape also Koes with NP FB.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel uncomfortable with your very large Salamence Weakness. After a single Dragon Dance he outspeeds your entire team (yes even the scarf Mence) and threatens to OHKO all of it besides Suicune with Fire Blast Dragon Claw Earthquake Dragon Dance set. The solution to this problem is give Jirachi Ice Punch so she can hope for a speed tie with the scarf and KO with it. Uh, you could make Jirachi Jolly if you really wanted to so you could not have to worry about the speed tie.

I find Vaporeon to be (probably) the best bulky water type out there. I say this because Vaporeon can OHKO Infernape with surf (while not being afraid of Grass Knot) and can provide Wish support to your team, which Scarf-Mence would love since you lack a spinner.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpDef
- Surf
- Hidden Power [ELECTRIC]
- Wish
- Protect

The SpDef EV's are so she can take Infernape's Grass Knot a lot more nicely than she could before. Dos' Earthquake only threats a 3HKO while your Hidden Power should be a 2HKO. You can out stall him with Wish/Protect as well.

I don't know how I feel about the defensive core being completely weak to grass types if I had to change something it would be I would make Hippo something that isn't weak to grass, yet threatens Zapdos with a OHKO. Oh I got it! Make it BaitTran! It isn't weak to grass types and doesn't mind thunderbolts. I don't know the BaitTran set off the top of my head to be honest so the EV's might be a little messed up (or a lot)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earthpower

Can destroy a Zapdos's that come in to ruin your fun. With a simple toxic Stall. Also Jirachi with Ice Punch (another reason!) will handle Zapdos to an extent.

=X sorry for the slap dash rate I'm kind of tired

listen to me: Hippo crushes Salamence. Only Mixmence can threaten him and that is crushed by my scarfmence.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, but my other pokemon there are helpful... Ice Punch is just an option...
Please take Vaporeon into consideration then...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)