General Introduce yourself!

Failing to recognize the seriousness of Martin Luther's criticisms of the Catholic Church, I continued to sell indulgences in order to fund the reconstruction of St. Peter's Basilica. Didn't seem like a big deal but they really grilled me for that.

Now I play pokemon casually. I'm probably going to have a trade thread to procure some creatures for my collection. That's really all I'm here for.

hey guys, I'm Achillean, 15, and I'm really not new, I have been playing competitive since early 2014 and had another smog account that I made little effort to make a real prescence in. so uh
1. My favorite mon is Sneasel
2. Showdown name- Achillean (new as well) or maybe FaZeBoo
3. Im not great at mons so I'm looking to get better and make a good prescence here can help that
4. Favorite tier is ou
If your looking to get better my only word of advice is to practice and figure out more about the metagame. The strategy dex is your best friend for this. It will help you become familiar with what pokemon stand out in each tier and what works in each tier and what doesn't. I can also help you out with anything as well as any of the following users QueBien Fluke and TheHoodedGamer. I have been playing pokemon for quiet a while and I to actually had the goal of making an impact on the site. I'm not here to talk about the things I do on this site but my word of advice is to just enjoy the site for what it has. Good luck on smogon.
Hi everyone!! My name is Cass as you can see from my username!

I've been lurking on here for a while, but i just made my account today! Competitive battling has interested me for a while and once I found this website it has really helped me get started, so thank you! I've been playing pokemon since I was 4 and I started with pokemon silver! Ever since I was a kid the cyndaquil line has been my favourite! I also really love the togepi line, glaceon, and garchomp! My favourite games are the gen 2 and gen 4 games, although I love every gen of pokemon. My first memory of pokemon was finding a shiny butterfree and killing it with my typhlosion and then searching for hours trying to find another pink butterfree because I didnt know what a shiny was and I saw a pink butterfree in the anime so I thought I could find another one :') good times..

Hmm .. I guess I should say some things about me next! I am 17 and from Canada and I usually spend my time drawing and playing video games! I am really interested in going to animation school next year, because I am very passionate about art!

I've only competitive battled with my friends and I'm a little nervous to fight random people because the only reason I won is because I know how my friends play :/ but my friends only play ou and I really want to try out little cup and monotype and I'm making teams right now!

Thank you for taking the time to ready this and I hope you have a great day!!
I'm 17 and my precalculus teacher is actually Canadian. The first shiny I actually found in one of my games was in pokemon emerald. It was in the DAMN battle pyramid and it was a shiny gengar so I couldn't catch it and it actually ended the tournament for me. That made me pissed. I really love generation four as well. At first I was not a big fan of battling random people. I can understand why some new users like yourself don't like to battle new random people because hey I ran across a couple of jerks that brag about there wins which is not cool. If you want to improve your skills feel free to let me know I can try my best to help out. I also like to draw and I am trying to improve my cooking skills. You should consider a culinary arts college if you're into art also smogon has smeargle studio which is a great place for artists like yourself. Good luck on smogon.
Failing to recognize the seriousness of Martin Luther's criticisms of the Catholic Church, I continued to sell indulgences in order to fund the reconstruction of St. Peter's Basilica. Didn't seem like a big deal but they really grilled me for that.

Now I play pokemon casually. I'm probably going to have a trade thread to procure some creatures for my collection. That's really all I'm here for.
If you want to create a trade thread feel free to check out the wifi forums. The stuff you should try to trade on the wifi forums are stuff you obtained yourself and pokemon that have competitive values and have decent IV's. It's a general trend on the wifi forums. I can help you start your quest for breeding stuff for your trading thread as I have a massive collection of breedables. Good luck on smogon.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello, everyone. My name is milk and cookies. My first Pokémon game was Pearl in 2007 (my starter was Piplup ♥), and I've been a fan of the franchise ever since. I've been playing competitively for three years now, since 2012 during the BW era. I'm new to the forums, but I've known about the Smogon community for quite a while now because of the movesets and Showdown. I previously had another really inactive account on here but I never posted on it, so I don't use it anymore. Hopefully I can make new friends on here. Um, random facts about me:

-I play OU, Monotype, and LC (sometimes UU)
-My favorite Pokémon is Manaphy
-You can find me on PS, but I use different accounts

Oh, and I really need tutoring. I kind of suck.
What's up, milk and cookies, welcome to Smogon ! I still play some of my Pokemon Pearl to this day (My starter was also Piplup ♥). If you ned tutoring, the Battling 101 sub-forum is definitely for you. In Battling 101, you can get a tutor in your tier of choice to teach you the ins and outs of the tier. Be sure to check the 2016 Battling 101 Schedule to see when signups are ! If you have any further questions, go to Smogon Simple Questions or you could even PM me if you need any help, as I (and most others) would be glad to help you out. We're glad to have you here & we hope you enjoy your stay !

Hi everybody, I'm peter97, 18 and I come from Italy. I play pokemon showdown and I really love Pokémon Platinum, but I hate the champion chyntia and her Garchomp :')

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi everybody, I'm peter97, 18 and I come from Italy. I play pokemon showdown and I really love Pokémon Platinum, but I hate the champion chyntia and her Garchomp :')
Hi peter97!
Nice to meet you! I liked Platinum a lot (I started with Turtwig, because turtles! :0 ), but Soul Silver was my favorite Generation 4 game. Cynthia and Garchomp were one of my favorite champion and Pokemon, but Steven was probably my favorite champion. Anyway, if you need anything, feel free to start a conversation with me and I'll try to help you out to the best of my ability! You can also use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads if you want. Enjoy your time here! :)

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm Amaroq. I started learning competitive Pokemon a couple of months ago.

Salamence is my favorite Pokemon, which is why I decided to start with UU. I'd like to become more involved with the UU community. I earned reqs for the Crawdaunt vote (I made my account so I could vote. Before, I just lurked and played on Showdown), so I guess that's a start, but I'd like to get involved in other ways and maybe branch out toward playing other tiers or contributing to other areas of the site. If I can get better as a player, I'd like to play in major tournaments and maybe eventually serve as a tutor for Battling 101. I also want to start rating UU teams.

As a person, I'm kind of shy and quiet.

Greetings, everyone! Suzuya here xP As part of my introduction, I'd like to state that I'm not one for competitive battling. I usually play to have fun with my terrible team-building skills xD But I enjoy myself. I would like to learn a bit more about competitive play with my time here ^-^ Uhh, my favorite Pokémon is Gengar (: Glad to meet you all~

So like... I'm new to Smogon, but not new to Pokémon, I stopped playing around when X&Y came out because I never had the interest to buy a 3DS. I played competitively during the B&W days, and when ShoddyBattle was still around back in the day of D/P/PL, But when I saw my college classmates playing Pokémon Showdown on their laptops I decided to try out the game myself and now I'm back to playing Pokémon seriously, but I still don't plan on buying a 3DS since I discovered Pokémon Showdown, hopefully that service stays.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Same! I like Salamence too, I use the standard mixed-attacking dd set w/ Lum Berry. I play UU sometimes, maybe you can tutor me or help me finish this UU team I'm currently working on.
Sure thing! I'm not sure how helpful I'd be as a tutor, but I'd be happy to help work on your team. Feel free to PM me.

So like... I'm new to Smogon, but not new to Pokémon, I stopped playing around when X&Y came out because I never had the interest to buy a 3DS. I played competitively during the B&W days, and when ShoddyBattle was still around back in the day of D/P/PL, But when I saw my college classmates playing Pokémon Showdown on their laptops I decided to try out the game myself and now I'm back to playing Pokémon seriously, but I still don't plan on buying a 3DS since I discovered Pokémon Showdown, hopefully that service stays.
I want to take a minute to agree x'D B&W was sort of the pinnacle for me as well. Welcome ^-^ I am new as well.

Greetings, everyone! Suzuya here xP As part of my introduction, I'd like to state that I'm not one for competitive battling. I usually play to have fun with my terrible team-building skills xD But I enjoy myself. I would like to learn a bit more about competitive play with my time here ^-^ Uhh, my favorite Pokémon is Gengar (: Glad to meet you all~
Well the most important part of any video game is whether you enjoy it or not. I'm playing the Ace Attorney Miles EdgeWorth Investigations game as of now and I enjoy it a ton. Also I have been playing some Batman Arkahmn City and it's pretty great for 10 bucks lol. Plus it was brand new. At first I really did not find competitive battling interesting. I eventually grew to enjoy it and my battling skills started to improve significantly especially after I joined smogon. In fact this is my 2800 post!!!! Shows how long I have been apart of this site and far I have come. I can help improve your skills in competitive battling as well. My friend Christian helped me as well when I was a rookie and if it weren't for his help I would not have grown into a better battler. If you need help with anything please let me know. Good luck on smogon.
You should consider a 3ds it's a great console especially for a HANDHELD OF ALL THINGS. There should be numerous sales coming as well because of the holidays which would be the best time to pick one up and I'm sure everyone can agree the 3ds can top anything on the mobile market. It's a great handheld is the best for on the go gaming in my opinion. Well enough with advertisement. I'm glad to see that you enjoy pokemon showdown. Personally showdown is the best way to get better in pokemon and generation 4 was my favorite pokemon generation. I don't find myself doing as much competitive battling as I used to however, I do give out pokemon for VGC players that I raise myself in order to stay up to date with the meta. If you want some tips you can ask me and I would be glad to help out. Good on luck on the site.

Hello! I'm CharizardFanFire! My favorite pokemon is charizard (I'm not a fanboy though) and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen III, but didnt start playing seriously and as well as competitively' until Gen V. I'm here to learn to see how I can up my game. :)

Hey, I'm Local!. I've been on here for a few months but I never introduced myself so hey! My favorite Pokemon is garchomp. I used him throughout my Pokemon Platinum days and I crushed the elite four with him (Cynthia didn't see it coming) I am on PS! I am hyperflume on PS and I am also Lone Day. I plan on honing my skills as a battler here and just meeting some cool individuals who like mons. I eventually want to go for WCOP or SPL. That or I'm going to become an ORAS OU tutor. I need help with integrating into the community. I am antisocial as hell. Background info... Alright I am from NYC but I might move to upstate NY soon if I get into boarding school. I like to draw and my art was once featured in the National Academy gallery in NYC. I love dogs a lot. I'm the type of person that pets all of the dogs on the street. Favorite Pokemon game is Platinum for sure. Gold being a close second. :)

Hey there ! I'M CharizardIsMeh, 16-year-old girl from France (and yeah I love Pokemon, that's strange). I don't like Charizard but that doesn't mean I'll bash you if you like it lol, and I love Blastoise, Serperior and Salamence <3

I began Pokemon because of my brother who gived me a try on Yellow when HGSS arrived. First of all I founded it silly then I loved it.
I recently began Strategy because of videos on Youtube (at XY era) but I know much now and my favorite tiers are PU and OU.

Now one cares but I like dogs too. :D

Hey there ! I'M CharizardIsMeh, 16-year-old girl from France (and yeah I love Pokemon, that's strange). I don't like Charizard but that doesn't mean I'll bash you if you like it lol, and I love Blastoise, Serperior and Salamence <3

I began Pokemon because of my brother who gived me a try on Yellow when HGSS arrived. First of all I founded it silly then I loved it.
I recently began Strategy because of videos on Youtube (at XY era) but I know much now and my favorite tiers are PU and OU.

Now one cares but I like dogs too. :D
Yo! Dogs are sick. Do you have a dog? I never played yellow but I'll probably give it a try some time. OU is cool as well. If you ever want a friendly match you can always find me on PS, bro. :)

Yo what's up guys! I'm Cusseta, I'm from Southern US and I'm a bit of a scrub at Pokemon (if anyone has any tips, I'm open ears). I'm on PS but dont expect to find me anywhere near the top of the ladder. I used to play Pokemon when I was real young but after takin some years away I've kinda started back enjoying the games again (I started back with ORAS and it was a random birthday gift from a friend). If I had to choose a favorite Pokemon, I'd have to say Sylveon. I'm kinda planning on doing Battling 101, so if anyone has any reviews of it it'd be much appreciated. All in all though, I look forward to gettin to know y'all and becomin part of the community :)

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Cleffas! (electrabae x in PS) I am pretty much a rookie in the singles meta because I was always a VGC Player, and I started playing OU in early 2015. I enjoyed playing, and I never knew how strong my fave Pokemon was, Clefable. Although, as time went on, I enjoyed UU and Monotype more. I'm really looking forward on what the community has to offer. <3

Hello, I'm Cleffas! (electrabae x in PS) I am pretty much a rookie in the singles meta because I was always a VGC Player, and I started playing OU in early 2015. I enjoyed playing, and I never knew how strong my fave Pokemon was, Clefable. Although, as time went on, I enjoyed UU and Monotype more. I'm really looking forward on what the community has to offer. <3
Welcome ^-^ If you ever need a partner to practice with in UU, I'll be your guy xD It is becoming my favorite.

Hey there! I'm AngelOf4Seasons! But, you can call me Summer, my real name, if you want!

I've played Pokemon for years! I absolutely love the games! :)
I'm in no way new to Pokemon, but I would love to learn more about competitive battles. They seem like a good way to expand the game experience and add a bit of challenge after the main story is said and done. I do know some of the basics of it, but not much.

I look forward to being a member of this forum and seeing what this site has to offer! :D

Hey! I'm new to competitive battling and new to Smogon. I never liked competitive battling because I thought of it as ruining Pokemon, but I have since changed my mind. My name is Quincy, and my favorite Pokemon is (obviously) Pyroar. I started with Diamond, but then never really played again until Black2 and White2. I got really into Pokemon with XY, and am currently trying to build a team in ORAS.

Hey! I'm new to competitive battling and new to Smogon. I never liked competitive battling because I thought of it as ruining Pokemon, but I have since changed my mind. My name is Quincy, and my favorite Pokemon is (obviously) Pyroar. I started with Diamond, but then never really played again until Black2 and White2. I got really into Pokemon with XY, and am currently trying to build a team in ORAS.
I like diamond too! If you need help with building you can PM me. :]

Yo! Dogs are sick. Do you have a dog? I never played yellow but I'll probably give it a try some time. OU is cool as well. If you ever want a friendly match you can always find me on PS, bro. :)
No, I don't :( (my parents hate having animals in the house)
You're Local! on PS right?

Heatmor

Banned deucer.
Yo what's up guys! I'm Cusseta, I'm from Southern US and I'm a bit of a scrub at Pokemon (if anyone has any tips, I'm open ears). I'm on PS but dont expect to find me anywhere near the top of the ladder. I used to play Pokemon when I was real young but after takin some years away I've kinda started back enjoying the games again (I started back with ORAS and it was a random birthday gift from a friend). If I had to choose a favorite Pokemon, I'd have to say Sylveon. I'm kinda planning on doing Battling 101, so if anyone has any reviews of it it'd be much appreciated. All in all though, I look forward to gettin to know y'all and becomin part of the community :)
Welcome to Smogon! Yes I'm also new but I know the basics. I got back into Pokemon the same way you did, only with SoulSilver.

Welcome to Smogon! Yes I'm also new but I know the basics. I got back into Pokemon the same way you did, only with SoulSilver.
I actually just got SS. I wanted to try out the older games to see what I've missed. I've gotten the basics down but competitive battling is still kinda new to me. But if you ever wanna play sometime on PS feel free to PM me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)