Introducing the NeverUsed Battlers Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the inaugural season of the NeverUsed Battlers Association, a friendly competition between NU community members that plays out like a modern sports league. I’ll aim to answer all your questions about the format below, but feel free to ask if you need any clarification.

Be sure to watch this thread to find out who will be managing which team and what funky name they've decided on using! I'll be posting team info periodically so check back regularly!

The format will follow these steps:
  1. Draft
  2. Regular Season
  3. Postseason
  4. Suggestion / Review Period

Q: Hey this looks cool, can I participate?

A: Unfortunately, no. At this time this project is still in its trial run. Sign-ups weren’t open to the public and were hand chosen from active community members who showed interest. If interest levels remain high and the project runs smoothly, we will be having open sign ups for the second season of the NBA.

Q: So how does the draft work? What Pokemon are available for use?

A: The managers will draft a team of 8 Pokemon from a list of all legal NU Pokemon. The draft will be done in a serpentine fashion (round 1: 1-8, round 2: 8-1, etc.) so that no party has a direct advantage over another.

Q: Are trades allowed? Do Free Agents exist? How do those work?

A: Managers will be allowed to trade Pokemon, as of right now only Pokemon for Pokemon trades can be conducted (i.e. draft picks and sexual favors cannot be traded for a Pokemon at this time). Teams are required to have a minimum of 6 starting Pokemon and 2 bench Pokemon at all times. A team's roster can have no more than 10 total Pokemon. All undrafted Pokemon will be considered Free Agents and can be picked up throughout the season, provided the team still meets the roster requirements. Free Agents will be signed on a first come, first served basis, determined by when a manager contacts the league commissioner (Kiyo). Managers will not be allowed to release the 8 Pokemon they draft at the beginning of the season, however Free Agents may be released 1 week following their signing.

Q: How long does the season last? What does the postseason look like?

A: Each season will last a total of 5 weeks. Weeks 1-3 will be round robin play between teams within their respective conferences (Teams will be split up into the Plusle and Minun Conferences for Season 1). Week 4 will pit the top 2 teams in each conference against each other (decided by W/L and Differential from weeks 1-3). Week 5 will end the season with conference champions duking it out for the league title.

Q: Whats a suggestion / review period?

A: This will be a set period of time after the season ends for the community to give their feedback on how the league was run, what they enjoyed, what they disliked, and what they would like to see next time. This will also be where we will gauge how many users are interested in managing a team for future seasons.

Q: What if (insert random or obscure thing we haven’t thought of yet) happens? Then What?

A: As this is still in the trial stages there will likely need to be many rules introduced and edited throughout the season. Bear with me as we work out the kinks!

SEASON 1 DRAFT TIME TBD

Current Rosters: http://spo.ink/teams

Current Standings: http://spo.ink/standings

Last edited:
just an update on the LA Kinglers, I've hired some new people to help make this organization great

Raseri (me) is the owner of the LA Kinglers, as well as the general manager
Colbrushie is the assistant GM and bench coach
Kingler12345 is the assistant to the assistant GM, he mainly gets us coffee and stuff
Brawlfest is the assistant to the assistant to the assistant GM, he gets kinglernumbers coffee and stuff. He also serves as the head of scouting and counterteaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)