ORAS UU Its A Rocky Way To The Top...

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
The team looks great there is only to things that I would change about this thread

THREAT LIST ADDITION
no reliable way of stopping bar tricking it with Chandelure but if it is already set-up you are screwed or using Vaporeon but if Vaporeon goes down.

Change
The team doesn't care about status really except toxic on Mandibuzz and Vaporeon or a Burn on Mamoswine but having Roar > Heal Bell might be a good idea to stop set-up

CBU

Banned deucer.
The team looks great there is only to things that I would change about this thread

THREAT LIST ADDITION
no reliable way of stopping bar tricking it with Chandelure but if it is already set-up you are screwed or using Vaporeon but if Vaporeon goes down.

Change
The team doesn't care about status really except toxic on Mandibuzz and Vaporeon or a Burn on Mamoswine but having Roar > Heal Bell might be a good idea to stop set-up
there is a back up way to stop cune and that is sd with absol, while hazard stacking, i know its kinda meh but keep in mind that mamoswine eq 2hkos without lefties...about the roar on vaporeon it is a very good suggestion and i might change it...thanks :]
Also keep in mind mandibuzz has special evs to outspeed crocune and taunt toxic stall it to death

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so the team atm looks pretty weak to a couple things and it could probably be easily remedied with a few changes:
  • First off, I recommend having Suicune > Vaporeon, as this allows you to have a much easier time against the likes of Feraligatr, Darmanitan, and especially Entei, among others while retaining your Water-type and should be able to somewhat counteract opposing Suicune depending on spread, it can also act as a separate win condition.
  • Next up, I recommend having Florges > Mandibuzz, as this allows you to have a much easier time dealing with Mega Sceptile, have a Dragon immunity, a secondary Fighting resist and provide you with the Wish passing and clerical abilities you lost from Vaporeon, and Mandibuzz isn't really a solid Suicune answer anyhow considering most Suicune nowadays have Speed investment.
  • Next I recommend having Life Orb > Choice Band on Mamoswine, as this allows you to switch up moves, and while the ability to damage a lot of things slightly harder is great, Cresselia needs to only be weakened for it to become non-threatening while Suicune is more or less the same and with your own Suicune it's much easier to deal with, switching up moves means it's easier to give less free turns to things like Cobalion, Lucario and Toxicroak.
  • I also recommend having Play Rough > Superpower on Mega Absol, as this allows you to hit Fairy-types and especially Toxicroak for neutral damage.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Scald
- Roar

Standard set here, CM > Sleep Talk because the team could definitely use a second win condition and a bulky setup sweeper especially helps against more defensive archetypes and makes up for the loss of Taunt + Toxic Mandibuzz.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Wish passing Florges here to provide more longevity for your other team members not named Suicune, especially Forretress. Synthesis over Protect to have more instant recovery so you don't give free turns and so Florges can switch into threats with more consistency. EVs allow you to take on about all Hydrei variants disregarding the non-existent Iron Tail and allows you to somewhat take on some variants of Heracross.

CBU

Banned deucer.
OK so the team atm looks pretty weak to a couple things and it could probably be easily remedied with a few changes:
  • First off, I recommend having Suicune > Vaporeon, as this allows you to have a much easier time against the likes of Feraligatr, Darmanitan, and especially Entei, among others while retaining your Water-type and should be able to somewhat counteract opposing Suicune depending on spread, it can also act as a separate win condition.
  • Next up, I recommend having Florges > Mandibuzz, as this allows you to have a much easier time dealing with Mega Sceptile, have a Dragon immunity, a secondary Fighting resist and provide you with the Wish passing and clerical abilities you lost from Vaporeon, and Mandibuzz isn't really a solid Suicune answer anyhow considering most Suicune nowadays have Speed investment.
  • Next I recommend having Life Orb > Choice Band on Mamoswine, as this allows you to switch up moves, and while the ability to damage a lot of things slightly harder is great, Cresselia needs to only be weakened for it to become non-threatening while Suicune is more or less the same and with your own Suicune it's much easier to deal with, switching up moves means it's easier to give less free turns to things like Cobalion, Lucario and Toxicroak.
  • I also recommend having Play Rough > Superpower on Mega Absol, as this allows you to hit Fairy-types and especially Toxicroak for neutral damage.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Scald
- Roar

Standard set here, CM > Sleep Talk because the team could definitely use a second win condition and a bulky setup sweeper especially helps against more defensive archetypes and makes up for the loss of Taunt + Toxic Mandibuzz.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Wish passing Florges here to provide more longevity for your other team members not named Suicune, especially Forretress. Synthesis over Protect to have more instant recovery so you don't give free turns and so Florges can switch into threats with more consistency. EVs allow you to take on about all Hydrei variants disregarding the non-existent Iron Tail and allows you to somewhat take on some variants of Heracross.

Ok, so first of all UU is a tier where thunder wave/stun spore, scald burns and toxic are everywhere. Having set that, every team imo has to have a cleric; and florges is a very very bad one with only 70 hp compaired to vaporeon 130. Vaporeon is a much better cleric than florges in everyway possible not to mention it can potentially inflict burns and provide a water immunity. As far as cune goes i really dont see what it would give to the team. Sure it is a dedicated entei switchin but between chandelure and forretress, entei can be played around. On the other hand cune remains a set up fodder for toxikroak and overall gives the same disadvantages to the team as vaporeon, without giving any extra advantages. Furthermore, as i pointed out in the rmt vaporeon's spread lets it stall every variant of sceptile out of its grass stab if need be and then turns into a full on counter to it(something that cune definately cannot do). And all that is a scenario that will happen only if mandi is weakened, cause otherwise mandi can handle a mega sceptile. Finally about mamoswine's item, i never liked life orb on mamoswine just because i don't feel like mamo is the kind of pokemon that can afford 10% each turn, provided that it isn't very fast, has no reliable recovery and can take 1 big hit at best. Keep also in mind that cb lets mamo 2hko defensive cress after rocks.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Unless your vape can use an extra 200 EVs you would never stall out sceptile especially since modest eball is the best set rn. Also florges is a fine cleric as all you really need is aroma as, except for forre, none of your mons would need to receive wishes And the wincon florges brings is so good.

CBU

Banned deucer.
Unless your vape can use an extra 200 EVs you would never stall out sceptile especially since modest eball is the best set rn. Also florges is a fine cleric as all you really need is aroma as, except for forre, none of your mons would need to receive wishes And the wincon florges brings is so good.
i really don't wanna sound stubborn or anything but i insist that vaporeon fits the team better and yes it can stall out mega sceptile energy ball :]

CBU

Banned deucer.
Ok, so first of all UU is a tier where thunder wave/stun spore, scald burns and toxic are everywhere. Having set that, every team imo has to have a cleric; and florges is a very very bad one with only 70 hp compaired to vaporeon 130. Vaporeon is a much better cleric than florges in everyway possible not to mention it can potentially inflict burns and provide a water immunity. As far as cune goes i really dont see what it would give to the team. Sure it is a dedicated entei switchin but between chandelure and forretress, entei can be played around. On the other hand cune remains a set up fodder for toxikroak and overall gives the same disadvantages to the team as vaporeon, without giving any extra advantages. Furthermore, as i pointed out in the rmt vaporeon's spread lets it stall every variant of sceptile out of its grass stab if need be and then turns into a full on counter to it(something that cune definately cannot do). And all that is a scenario that will happen only if mandi is weakened, cause otherwise mandi can handle a mega sceptile. Finally about mamoswine's item, i never liked life orb on mamoswine just because i don't feel like mamo is the kind of pokemon that can afford 10% each turn, provided that it isn't very fast, has no reliable recovery and can take 1 big hit at best. Keep also in mind that cb lets mamo 2hko defensive cress after rocks.
Also take a look at this replay(good team, good opponent + entei) : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-274276129

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, it is your team, change it as you please. I do suggest that you at least try my changes and see how they work out for you instead of being more defensive than a level 1000 Avalugg but I digress. Regarding your replays to see how your matchup with Entei was, however, I forgot that you could easily deal with Entei by having a 100% guarantee you'll predict correctly around it and if you failed, like in your second replay, he could always miss Stone Edge on Chandelure, or in your first replay, you can always crit the Entei, I completely didn't think of those extremely viable ways of dealing with it on your current team, so I apologize for thinking it was any threat in the first place, gl with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)