It's Almost Gen. 5...

Hello, and welcome to my RMT. This is probably the most successful team I've made. It peaked around the 1600s on the TeamUber ladder. I've built this team around an Empoleon sweep, a seemingly forgotten threat. Without further ado, my team.

Lum berry
Adamant
252 Att/252 HP/4 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Meteor Mash
~ Bullet Punch
~ Explosion

Metagross leads my team, as he is a bulky SR'er that can beat many common leads and completely obliterate something with explosion. If I'm forced out, I get to use its bulk and power for later. Meteor Mash is the primary attack and bullet punch for sashes.

Top 10 Leads
Green=Easy, Orange= Small problem, Red= Terrible

Azelf - Meteor Mash + bullet punch, GG

Aerodactyl - MM + Bp.

Swampert - Both of us gets up rocks, I usually switch to Starmie, or explode.

Machamp - MM x 2.

Metagross- Both get up rocks, I usually MM to scout what it has. If he switched, then he has MM too, if he EQ'ed, Rotom can take care of it.

Jirachi- SR, take scarf to use later.

Infernape - I have to switch to starmie and 2hko, but I will take a chunk of damage in return.

Ninjask - SR on protect, keep breaking subs and see what comes in.

Roserade - MM + bp usually does the trick...

Hippowdon - Same as Swampy, but Starmie can OHKO this time.

Tyranitar - SR, then attack away.

Leftovers
Jolly
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Att
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic
~ Taunt
~ Roost

Ah, my stallbreaker, semi-physical wall, and lucario check. I use Gliscor whenever I see a stall team and completely wreck it since taunt will prevent healing, toxic will wear thm down, and roost heals me. Earthquake is used as my only attack, and it OHKOs Lucario, which is always a threat to many teams. He provides a useful electric immunity and defeat electrics with Toxic/EQ(as long as no HP ice).

Choice Scarf
Timid
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Overheat
~ Trick

Rotom-H serves as my revenge killer, ground, normal, and fighting immunity, and a generic special attacker. The thing I love about this guy is that he blocks off explosions and can actually sweep entire teams with his attacks. the scarf allows him to trick blissey, slow set-up attackers, and out-speed huge threats such as Starmie and Gengar. It's my secondary check to Lucario, and my Gyarados killer.

Chesto Berry
Adamant
Swift Swim
144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe
Dragon dance
Rest
Waterfall
Outrage
Kingdra is my first sweeper, that sets up on a multitude of pokes. Since it's only weakness is dragon and its defenses are decent, it's very hard to bring down. It sets up on starmie, since it lives 2 attacks from LO, and 2 DD's allow it to out-speed the premier revenge killer, flygon. Once I get my boosts, I rest it off, wake up and destroy. Due to his immense power, he can usually crack stall wide open. Waterfall + Outrage gives it perfect coverage after its boosts.

Life orb
Timid
Natural Cure
252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Def
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice beam
~ Recover

Starmie's blazing Speed and great type coverage make it a fearsome special sweeper who is especially potent as a late-game cleaner against offensive teams. Surf > Hydro pump because of that dangerous accuracy that lost me countless matches. Boltbeam for coverage. Recover heals off the LO recoil. Starmie is my Nape check and without her, he would kill me. Unless a special wall comes in, it is very difficult to switch into her since pursuit users get maimed by surf.

Petaya Berry
Modest
12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
~ Agility
~ Substitute
~ Surf
~ Grass knot

Finally, the star of the team. With 12 resists and rotom's ability to lock an opponent to an attack, it is very easy to get an agility up and start subbing. When completely set up, surf gets like a x3 boost. Grass knot is wanted to hit other waters that can wall me and hopefully they're weakened. It is also hard to revenge due to its typing, as it resists most priority moves. I really don't know why it has such low usage...

Well, that's my team, rate away!

Hello Tyranitar,

Nice team and congrats on the ladder success! So onto the rate: I feel like your team will have trouble against Grass Type attackers/supporters. Almost everything on your team is scared of Shaymin's powerful Seed Flare, and those that resist it cannot stand up to Earth Power. Celebi can be a general annoyance since it is difficult to kill and can paralyze important team members like Kingdra and Rotom-a. Roserade also is able to come in the match against Rotom and Starmie and get some Spikes down which will hinder Empoleon's sweeping ability.

To address this problem, I would recommend Choice Scarf Heatran. Here is the set:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Nature: Naive
-Explosion
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
This will allow you to play around with a Fire immunity while also surprising threats to your team like Infernape. You can also switch into other Heatran which looks pretty daunting without Kingdra.

Good luck!

^ agree with ScarfTran, it's kind of not expected anymore, as everyone has Shuca / LO / Specs now. I'm not sure of what to replace it with, I'm thinking Empoleon. I know it's what the team's based on, but just give it a shot and see how it does.

Really solid overall team, I'd just recommend Hydro Pump > Surf on Starmie. It gets alot of important KOs, such as a 2HKO on max HP Jirachi (eg Wish CM), KOs Scizor after Stealth Rock, and gives you a high chance to kill Tyranitar after Stealth Rock.

Good stuff otherwise and good luck!

What should I replace for scarftran? Also, Hydro pump is a bad option for me since I need to rely on a bad accuracy move to defeat Nape and it always misses when I need it to hit.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Life Orb Joltron w/ HP Ice > This team.

Seriously though, everything on your team is 2HKO'd/OHKO'd by Jolteon's Thunderbolt, Gliscor is taken care of with Hidden Power Ice. Starmie, Kingdra (2HKO'd) and Empoleon are all weak to Thunderbolt, and Rotom-H is KO'd by Shadow Ball. [does it ohko?]

So i agree with the above poster about Scarf Heatran, or a Scarf Flygon, even Scarf Scizor can be good for your team.

Hey Tyranitar, currently your team has a huge weakness to offensive grass-types and offensive electric-types. If something like CM Raikou gets a Calm Mind, it is all but good game. I think this is because you are using 3 water-types, so obviously you leave yourself open to these types of Pokemon. To fix the weakness to the electric-types, I think a simple Scarf Flygon over your current Gliscor would be the best option.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly | Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage / Stone Edge / Earthquake / U-turn

I know this does give you two Scarfers, but that is not something to be worried about; it just means you have better answers to all the common threats.

Now to address your quite large weakness to offensive grass-types. I don't think Metagross is doing much for your team, and so I would like you to try a simple Skarmory lead over it. Skarmory can set up Spikes which are incredibly beneficial to both Kingdra and Empoleon as many of their counters are grounded. Spikes also means Starmie always OHKOes ScarfTar and does so much more damage with Thunderbolt.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish | Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpDef
Stealth Rok / Spikes / Whirlwind / Roost

Good luck with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)