It's raining, it's pouring, suicune is...

snoring :P

Okay, sorry for the lame title. Here's my rain dance team. Picture are from arkeis.

(x) = unsure about slot
(EV) = need help with EV spread

My Batty Lead

Crobat @ Wide Lens
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 226 HP/32 ATK/252 SPE
Jolly
- Taunt
- Hypnosis
- Rain Dance
- U-Turn/Aerial Ace(x)

This is my wacky lead for my rain dance team. I needed somebody fast who could get me off to a good start and crobat's as good as any. The EVs look funny but they work. 252 speed allows me to tie with anybody up to 130 base speed barring choice scarf. I look at the lead, taunt/hypnosis with 77% accuracy thanks to the wide lens and set up the rain dance. Once it's done, I u-turn out. I put aerial ace there as a possibility because I've been having a bit of trouble with brelooms late game. Despite having 85/80/80 defensive stats, I haven't had too much trouble taking unboosted hits.

Fuck Priority!

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 30 HP/252 ATK/228 SPE
Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Yeah, I've had a bunch of people say that to me today. If crobat does his job early without the opponent getting SR/spikes on the field, it's a safe bet to switch into this bastard. Even after the rain is gone, this guy's running a stab priority move off 722 attack. Scary huh? I've swept through entire teams using this guy. I might need a spinner in case I need him for late game but he's done wonders for my team so far. Did I also mention with rain support, he can outspeed a + natured Deoxys? Without rain, he can outspeed neutral 75s, which is pretty good.
Garchomp can hit me and I'll like it

Bronzong@ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 96 DEF/162 S.DEF(EV)
Relaxed
- Rain Dance
- Gyro Ball(x)
- Explosion
- Hypnosis(x)

He's pretty damned good at taking hits and setting up an 8 turn rain. I might need help with the last slot also because I already have one sleeper on my team. Not much to say because all he does is rain dance and explode. He only occasionally puts someone to sleep because of the sleep clause. I might also need to switch out gyro ball for better coverage on my team.
Parafusion Haxx!

Jirachi@ Damp Rock (should I put leftovers)
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 82 DEF/ 16 SPE/160 S.DEF
Bold
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Wish

Those two words say it all. With serene grace, thunder is 60% likely to paralyze and water pulse is 40% likely to confuse. The EV spread allows me to outspeed 75 base speed threats like metagross and turn on the parafusion hax. This set works very well but even with wish, it doesn't last long.
Queen of the Rain

Kingdra@ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 170 ATT/ 88 SPE/ 252 S.ATK
Lonely
- Waterfall
- Surf
- Ice Beam(x)
- Draco Meteor(x)
I have a real problem with the last two moves. I'm getting walled easily by bulky waters so I need some suggestions for those two moves. That being the only problem, Kingdra has also 6-0ed unprepared teams like kabutops. Not nearly as much but still fairly effective. If I would change any pokemon on my team, it'd be kingdra. I'm open to suggestions though.
Zzzzzzz...Calm Mind....

Suicune@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 DEF
Bold
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

If anybody functions as an individual on my team, it would have to be suicune. Late in the game when the phazers/vaporeon/lapras(never seen one yet) are gone, I send suicune in to absorb some hits. It's wonderful seeing calm mind after calm mind. Once the opponent gets her down low, they watch in horror as suicune uses rest. They simply get washed away by incredibly powerful surfs after multiple calm minds. I've never lost a PP stalling contest thanks to pressure and suicune has done incredible saves for my team. I've even 6-0ed with her before. Crocune rarely fails me :]

And that's my team. I lack a spinner so I need to either get kabutops in early or kill off their spiker. I don't have a phazer/hazer either so I struggle with fast sweepers who set up. Breloom's been a bitch to me too.

Rate my team now. *forgot to say please* PLEASE

Maybe swap Kingdra for Ludicolo. You still get Swift Swim, and you can definitely scare off Bulky Waters a bit, or at least Leech Seed them into switching. If you want a spinner you could switch out the Kingdra spot or Bronzong... but I wouldn't recommend that because the only spinner that would do well in rain, I believe, is Omastar? He wouldn't be a bad choice, I guess, so whatever you want really.

Overall I do like it. I have always been partial to Kabutops, and I really do like yours.

Mind checking out the team in my sig?

Sure. I forgot that omastar learned rapid spin. But I'd have 2 4x grass weaknesses so I'd be a bit worried. Maybe sash him too XD

I wouldn't see it as toooo much of a big deal. No grass Pokemon will be faster than your Swift Swim pokemon, except Ludicolo. No matter what it is, I'd say just attack (if you are faster) and do as much damage as you can/kill it, and if you don't kill it, then switch into something else that could just finish it. You could still do a lot of damage. It's all right if you sacrifice one, I'd say. Sacrifice Omastar first. :P

Sash would be useless on Omastar. I had a stupid moment. If they had SR set up and I switched in with a sash on.....wow. I dunno if I should sacrifice kingdra or bronzong. The extra rain dancer is nice but so is the mix sweep =\

I'll wait for more opinions.

I suggest you add Claydol over Zong because you have nothing to resist electric on your team. Claydol can also set up Rain Dance. Teach him Toxic, Earth Power, Rapid Spin, Rain Dance. He could be helpful to your team. Toxic for Bulky Waters, Rapid Spin to protect Kabutops, Earth Power for Pesky Electrics, Rain Dance because it is a rain dance team =P

I lose the steel though. I wouldn't have a dragon resist. Toxic sounds really welcoming though. So does Rapid Spin. Another problem with claydol is that he's weak to water attacks. 50% more water power against him could cost him.

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
lol nice epic stall war you won on shoddybattle. Props man. Suicune is so good at stalling not even funny. Pressure with stall really owns.

I lose the steel though. I wouldn't have a dragon resist. Toxic sounds really welcoming though. So does Rapid Spin. Another problem with claydol is that he's weak to water attacks. 50% more water power against him could cost him.

It doesn't matter if he is weak to water considering you shouldnt have him in on water types. All I know is that you need a spinner. Also, most waters carry ice beam or ice fang so dragons shouldnt be a problem.

Uh, what about yache chomp? I switch in claydol. Rapid spin when he switches to garchomp. He'll easily SD on me and I can do nothing about it. I would also need a phazer. A fast one at that. I had haze on crobat but it was useless if they passed speed or started with a baton passer D:

When I saw Parafusion Hax I was hoping for Dunsparce. >__>

It looks pretty good, and I think Aerial Ace would do better for Crobat.

If you don't switch Bronzong for Claydol, put Earthquake on it. You can replace either of the two moves, but I'd say replace hypnosis, with Crobat doing that for you.

I've been trying dual screen on bronzong and it hasn't been working. I guess I'll try EQ on bronzong and Aerial Ace on Crobat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)