Jelly in the Sun - OU Sun Stall

[size=+5]Jelly in the Sun[/size]

[Size=+3]Team at a Glance[/size]

Hello Smogon! Huifao here. I would like to present you with my newest (and I think my best!) team yet. The team is based around the concept of Sun Stall, a rare playstyle, but one that I consider to be very effective and underrated. This team celebrates the end of a long list of exams which I have worked on for 2 months (like the team!) although I know which one I enjoyed working on more! I hope you enjoy, and hopefully I can convince you that Sun Stall is viable, I certainly believe it is!

[Size=+3]Teambuilding Process

Well, a sun team without Ninetales, could not be called a sun team! But I guess you have to start somewhere..

Next came Cresselia, I wanted at least two sun abusers on the team, and Cresselia filled this role nicely.

Jellicent followed Cresselia, and although they share two weaknesses, the next Pokemon will cover them! Being a Water type, Jellicent covered some useful weaknesses and provided good synergy.

I needed a rapid spinner and a good physically defensive Pokemon, and Forretress took to this role perfectly, helping to cover dark and ghost type moves as well.

Heatran came next and was put on the team to give a fire immunity and generally good stats as well as giving me a couple more attacking options if I ever got stuck.

Finally, came Shaymin to provide Aromapherapy and help me deal against other stall teams. Shaymin also provided a good set of resistances, and Synthesis was increased to 66% recovery.

The problem was that Shaymin just wasn't bulky enough and had too many weaknesses for my liking, so I went ahead and swapped him with Chansey. I had some good success with this version of the team, but there was still something which didn't feel right.

Jumpluff, apparently the solution to all my problems. This guy has saved my skin so many times and I love the way he works. So after quite a few changes of Pokemon and a lot of moveset changes, the team was complete!

[size=+3]A Closer Look
[/size]

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Roar​

Ninetales is obviously essential to any sun team. Apart from bringing along the sunshine however, he isn't all that useful. The defensive spread used helps him take some hits relatively well, but his Stealth Rock weakness is rather annoying. Flamethrower does pack quite a punch though, and is my best attack on this stall team thanks to STAB and the sun boost. Will-O-Wisp is useful as it helps me cripple any physical attackers and it is especially useful for winning the weather war against opposing Tyrantitar. Substitute is great to avoid status problems and Roar is useful for phasing. Finally Leftovers are there to regain as much health as possible and to try and increase Ninetales' longevity. Now, as you may have guessed, I don't like Ninetales too much! But he is obviously irreplaceable due to his precious ability, so he has to stay, especially for Cresselia and a Jumpluff who I will discuss now!

Cresselia now replaced by Landorus-T, using Shurtugal's set. Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Cresselia is, in my opinion, one of the best all round defensive Pokemon in the game under sunlight thanks to its fantastic defensive stats and access to instant 66% recovery. These two things combined enable it to wall an incredible amount of Pokemon. Psychic and Hidden Power Fire give it decent coverage, Hidden Power is especially useful against Scizor, Ferrothorn and Forretress as well as Skarmory and the sun's power boost makes the move a decent threat against Pokemon weak to it. Toxic is used to wear down any Pokemon who Cresselia cannot physically threaten, which does in fact happen to be pretty much any Pokemon which wasn't mentioned just above(!) Cresselia's Levitate ability is great to take attacks aimed at Ninetales, although that is normally Jumpluff's job!

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt​

Well, here is the Jelly in the sun! Now, you may be thinking why there is a water Pokemon on a sun team? Well, firstly, Jellicent provides some key resistances, and has great synergy with the rest of the team. Secondly, he is very useful when the team comes up against rain teams. The key water immunity and general bulk along with access to good recovery enable it to wall often half of most rain teams! Scald is used as even though it's power is diminished by sun, it means Jellicent has some attacking resources. Will-O-Wisp helps cripple the opposition and Taunt is very useful to shut down other stall based Pokemon. Finally, Recover keeps him in top shape for as long as possible. Jellicent is also a good counter to Heatran, a Pokemon that can cause this team some problems occasionally.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball​

Having a Pokemon with Rapid Spin is pretty much mandatory, especially on a stall team with Ninetales! Forretress fills this niche well. He provides some extra defence on the physical side whilst providing excellent resistances thanks to its typing. The sun does amplify Forretress' Fire weakness, but in general I'll be trying to keep him out of those attacks anyway! The two attacking moves on the set are in fact often quite important. Gyro Ball can be a great last resort against Calm Mind users such as Espeon, or it can just take decent chunks out of any fast Pokemon. Volt Switch is also great as I can switch Pokemon without the incoming Pokemon taking any damage due to Forretress' snail like slowness and I can also switch to Jumpluff who can then proceed to lock the opponents' Pokemon into a move he does not want to be locked into. A physically defensive set is used as Chansey, Cresselia and Jellicent cover the special side especially well between the three of them.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 28 HP/ 228 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute​

Jumpluff is probably one of the most important Pokemon on this team, and probably my favourite! Under the sun, Chlorophyll doubles his speed, and Jumplufff turns into a Ninjask on steroids! Outspeeding the whole metagame even when the opposing Pokemon is at +1, and most of the metagame when at +2. This super speed is the reason Jumpluff works so well. Encore is probably the crux of this set, locking in a Pokemon on a pointless move. Earthquakes aimed at Ninetales are a typical example, or Stealth Rock. It is also great to stop set up sweepers by locking them into a boosting move and letting Leech Seed do the rest. So, once locked into an unfavourable move, Jumpluff can proceed to set up Substitute and use Leech Seed. The point of this is, due to Jumpluff's low HP, along with no investment in this stat, and Leftover's recovery, he can regain the 25% HP, or close to it, whilst the opponent's HP is whittled down by Leech Seed. Rather than use Encore, an incredibly quick Sleep Powder can be used, but because of the shaky accuracy, I normally try and avoid using it, unless it is a 'no loss' situation. Forretress' Volt Switch combines well with Jumpluff as it gives Jumpluff a free switch in with the potential to lock the opponent into a certain move. Once Jumpluff has properly set up, it is often difficult for the opponent to do anything about it. This guy is definitely not a gimmick as some might think, he is more the opposite. It is true however that his capacities are hindered by other weather conditions, but if he is still faster than the other Pokemon, little changes.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Finally, we come to a Chansey, the general sponge and support master of the team. It is true that my Chansey has no attacking moves, but that is not the point of this set. The idea is that Chansey cures status and heals the other Pokemon with Wish, as well as healing itself, and also using Toxic to slowly wear down the opponents Pokemon. Protect helps to stall the opponent out and allows Chansey to have reliable recovery which is important to keep from fainting. Chansey also acts as a general pivot, taking pretty much any special moves and a whole bunch of physical moves as well in it's stride. Finally, Chansey also has a handy Ghost resistance and its fighting type weakness is covered by Jellicent (as well as Cresselia).[/size]

[Size=+3]Threats[/size]

This is by no means an extensive threat list, just something that points out a couple of Pokemon or teams I have found difficult to play against, although I'm sure you raters can see this anyway!
  • Rain Teams. Probably the worst problem, although I generally get around the difficulties they pose me, they are very troublesome, especially the stall teams! Luckily, this team is not too heavily sun reliant, but these teams do still cause problems.
  • Sand Teams. These are less worrying than rain teams, but can still be annoying, taking out Tyranitar and winning the weather war is the main priority.
  • Clerics. As this team basically tries to slowly wear down the opposing party with status, a Pokemon getting rid of all this hard work can be difficult to face. Luckily these moves only have 8 pp, whereas I have several Pokemon with Toxic and Will-O-Wisp. But these Pokemon, although surprisingly rare, can still mess up the team a little.

[Size=+3]Closing Comments[/size]

[Size='2]Well, that's the end of the team. Kudos to you (as any Pokemon champion would say after defeat!) if you have read this far. I hope you enjoyed taking a look at the team. I have certainly enjoyed making it and playing with it, achieving my highest ratings on Pokemon Showdown with this team by far. Feel free to copy and paste the importable below into Showdown or Pokemon Online and try it out for yourself. But remember this team is a little quirky and needs to be treated accordingly! Leave a Luvdisc if you liked the team![/size]

[Size=+3]Importable[/size]
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Roar

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

[Size=+3]Hope you enjoyed![/size]

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, I got the request!

I'm glad people like you are still using sun -- not that many people these days have the guts to try it! This looks like a sun stall, and I'm usually an offensive player so I might not be up to rating this team as best as I feel I should be, but I will try anyway.

The first thing that really stands out to me is that you have no safe switch ins to Choice Band Tyranitar, who is one of the most common Pokemon OU tier (and it's usual partner is Landorus, and TTar easily beats Cress / Chansey).

Next, Thundurus-T seems like it can just set up NP and Agi on anything (bar Jumpluff and Chansey) and immediately start wrecking havoc. The thing is that you'd probably try toxic stalling it to hell, but if it can get +4 up, and if ThundyT has at least SR and 1Spikes, it'll be able to whittle everything down for something else on the team to kill so I am a bit worried about this guy too.

Moving on, Heatran also looks like it could easily give you a run for your money. Your very own sun boosts Fire Blast to the point where it 2HKOs Chansey after SR and 1Spikes. Roar tran could also spread hazard damage greatly, and Heatran would prevent Forrey from spinning too.

Finally, you don't have anything to fight opposing stall teams. The battle would be long and on going and you ultimately can't do anything but watch for 100+ turns and hope you don't make a wrong move. Most stall teams (at least, that I see) have some form of offense to them to allow them to break opposing stall as well as contributing to some bulk and some role to the team.

So, I have a few suggestions that can fix all of these problems.

For starters, Cresselia has got to go. It makes you too weak to opposing TTar and its Moonlight recovery is very unreliable (I'm sure you have noticed). I would try using SubSD Landorus-T in it's place. Landorus can utilize Intimidate to easily make Terrakion and Tyranitar less of an issue, while it can also OHKO Heatran. By utilizing Substitute and Swords Dance, this Pokemon can easily set up on Balanced / Stall teams. (You can set up on things like Forrey and Ferro and begin smashing). While Landorus can't offer that Moonlight recovery or Check Keldeo, Jellicent on it's own can easily wall Keldeo and Jumpluff can easily check most Landorus-I variants.

However, now that Cresselia is gone, there is another Pokemon that will now murder you: Growth Venusaur. It is for this reason I suggest running SDef Heatran over Chansey. Heatran makes opposing sun teams easier to handle as well as giving you a steel type: a pokemon that can wall Latios and Latias. While Chansey could wall them as well, Chansey is ultimately set up fodder for Growth Venusaur. Heatran also makes Skarm easier to handle, as well as opposing Chansey's since FB should be boosted in the sun.

Finally, for my last small change, you should consider 152 Spe evs on Ninetales over your current 136. Running 152 allows you to outpace all base 100 max neutral nature Pokemon (This includes things like Jirachi and Celebi, and also has the capabilities to outspeed max speed Modest Rotom-W). Also, I'd use Fire Blast over Flamethrower for the extra oomph in strength, but this is more personal than anything.

For some OO (other options) you could try SubToxic Gliscor in place of SubSD Landorus-T, but you wouldn't be able to break stall nearly as easily, as well as being able to abuse the ability Intimidate (which comes in handy on DD Dragonite, I might add).

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 200 Hp / 64 Atk / 56 Def / 188 Spe
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Landorus-T hits speeds of 265, which is enough to outpace bulky DubDance ThundyT, max speed Modest Heatran, Jolly Breloom, max speed Adamant Scizor, most Jirachi variants, max speed Timid / Jolly Breloom, Adamant Gyarados, max speed Adamant Dragonite, and most Celebi, to name a few off the top of my head.

The HP and Attack were taken from the pivot spread (since you want the thing to be bulky) and dumped the rest into defense. So far, I haven't had any problems with it (since I tweak as I go when I make ev spreads) but I'll let you know if I do.

EDIT: Please shrink font size. It's wayyyy too big.

Hey Shurtugal!

I agree completely that Tyranitar is a big problem. I usually have to sacrifice a Pokemon or even two to take him out. Usually by using Toxic, and stalling!

I think however, I can deal with Thundurus-T by, as you said, using Chansey to Toxic him and then proceed to stall him out with wishes and toxic, but I do see your point in that he can become dangerous, especially if Chansey is down. If he starts setting up, I could also switch to Jumpluff if I get it right, but it is a little risky.

Yeah, Heatran is a bit of a problem, I agree! I guess I usually get around it in someway, Roartran wouldn't be the worst I don't think because when Jumpluff comes out his fun ends, and I have plenty of healing moves.

So, for the changes:

I immediately like the idea of Landorus-T! Although Cresselia may be missed a little, I do have plenty of special walls. I shall definitely give this guy a try! Gliscor seems interesting too, I'll try them both out.

Heatran seems like an interesting option, and I will definitely give it go, but I'm not sure whether he can replace Chansey. Chansey's wishes and Heal Bell give me great recovery and cleric abilities and I'm not sure whether it is worth getting rid of him. I see that Growth Venusaur would then be a problem, but I suppose Jumpluff could deal with him just about. I shall give it a go though, as I may be completely wrong!

I think I'll stick with Flamethrower! I'm probably more of a safe player as you can probably guess, especially with stall. The EV changes seem to be effective though, I agree a bit of extra speed would be good and I'll add it right away.

Thanks a lot for rating the team! And font size has now been shrank by the way.

Got your VM, sorry I skipped over this, I have never played sun-stall and am not a fan of jumpluff at all. But I will give this a shot.

Overall this seems like the pretty standard and solid sun stall team, so kudos there.

My biggest gripe is with your Chansey set. First off, Chansey needs more special defensive investment, she has no good reason to run that much defensive bulk. An ev spread of 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpD Bold prevents Specs-Latios from 2HKOing Chansey with Psyshock after rocks, while 112 HP / 252 / 144 Calm prevents it ignoring rocks. There are tons of different Chansey spreads to try out, but full defensive investment is not the way to go. At the very least run 248 HP to prevent Chansey from taking more damage than it should from burns, sand, and hazards.

The moveset is also needs adjusting, first off, Chansey needs Siesmic Toss to counter Heatran and damage a variety of Pokemon on the switch. Now you could replace it with Toxic, but honestly I would just choose to drop either Wish or cleric support on Chansey as you don't really need both and using both really is really giving Chansey 4MSS. Overall though, find a way to put Siesmic Toss on Chansey.

Running no HP on Jumpluff is a pretty bad idea IMO, as it really hurts its overall bulk making it take a ton more from damage. At the very least, run a more effective specially defensive spread of 28 HP / 228 SpD / 252 Spe.

The final ev nitpick I want to make is use 52 speed evs on Jellicent, that way it outspeed choice band Scizor as well as opposing Jellicents, which is really helpful.

Psyshock > Psychic on Cresselia would help you out a lot vs CM-Keldeo.

Also consider running Hidden Power Ice on Forretress to more easily check Garchomp and Gliscor (with 56 special attack evs and 2 speed ivs).

I am unsure if you are willing to get rid of Jellicent, as the name of the RMT seems to suggest you like it, but if you are willing to toss it it might help out with some other problems. You see, this team is hard pressed for team slots, much like rain stall teams, because of the use of Ninetails which don't do much, so often you may have to ditch having a spin blocker because its a bit of a luxury. In this case your team is weak to Tyranitar as Shurtugal said, so you may want to consider something like Landorus-T, Gliscor, Jirachi, or Bronzong over it. All of these Pokemon also can carry Stealth Rock, opening up Forretress to use Spikes, and the later 2 are solid checks to Latios to boot. Again I am unsure if you even want to make any such change though because of the title.

Yeah thats about the best I can suggest, sun stall teams aren't my specialty, I hope I helped though. Good luck.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
hi,

I've played a similar team to this so i think i can give you some suggestion. First, scald under sun is really bad for jellicent, i've found night shade to be a way better option to hit more reliably everything. It also breaks tentacruel's sub so that it wont spin against you.

Now, spikes are almost mandatory in stall teams. forretress its the pokemon that has to setup them, so i would remove stealth rock and put spikes instead. in this way you can abuse more of your ghost because spikes damages are always essential to beat other defensive teams.

As for jumpluff, i would remove it. Your team is completely wrecked by choice band tyranitar, and imo you need a more solid pokemon as a grass type. What i've used was a bulky breloom like this:

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spore

In this way you have a solid tyranitar counter, as well as a better switch in for water pokemon that always run ice beam. Spore never missed, with protect you can scout moves and recover hp, and with leech seed you are less setup fodder of everything.

I also support the change of sp def heatran instead of chansey, because you lack of a cb victini check as well as venu counter. The set i would use is Lava plume / Stealth rock / protect / roar. Roar is primarly used for calm mind latios or dragon dance dragonite, though if you feel like you need toxic to catch bulky waters its fine as well.

The last thing i would change here is your cresselia set. Ice beam should be a must in all his set otherwhise you lose against dragons, so i would insert it instead of toxic which seems the most replaceable move.

Hi Scarfwynaut,
Thanks for rating the team! I use maxed out defense on Chansey to turn it into more of a mixed wall, so that's why I chose this set. However I do see that using another EV spread could be advantageous, so I'll give a few of them a go! I'm not 100% sure on Seismic Toss for Chansey, although some attacking potential would be useful, I don't know whether it is more useful than the cleric support, I will certainly try it out though. I'll look into that Jumpluff set as well, as it probably will be better.
I agree with the speed creep on Jellicent, and I will go ahead and make that change. I also agree with using Psyshock rather than Psychic. Psychic is seldom used anyway on this set.
I think I will stick with my current Forretress set, I don't see Hidden Power Ice being that useful, but I will still try it out to prove myself right!
Despite the name of the team, I'm willing to switch Jellicent for another Pokemon if it will improve the team. It certainly looks like a change that would help me, but I am not sure whether it would make things a lot more difficult against Rain Teams.
Overall, thanks a lot for the rate! Especially for loads of EV changes!

Hi Neliel,
Yeah, I agree with Scald, but instead of Night Shade do you think Hex might be an option worth considering, simply because my team spreads status around quite a bit?
I'll definitely try swapping out Stealth rocks for Spikes, as I agree that it would be pretty useful, as you say, especially against other defensively minded teams.
Now, the Breloom change certainly looks like a pretty cool suggestion! I must say that Jumpluff is great, but I know that Breloom is incredibly annoying to face! So it would be nice to put my opponent under the same kind of pressure. I will certainly experiment with the Breloom set, as it seems really interesting.
I will give Heatran a go, even though Chansey would be missed! And I'll see what kind of results it produces.
I'm not too sure on Ice Beam on Cresselia, Dragons are normally whittled down by Toxic, so if I did change this, it would probably be instead of Psychic I guess.
Well, thank you very much for rating my team! It will certainly have helped and given me some inresting ideas, especially the Breloom set.

Hi Huifao. I like your team, it seems cool and I have never seen sun stall before! I know I'm a new user, but I have been lurking on here for ages.
I have one thing that I think may help your team. Why don't you lower your attack stats for Cresselia and Jellicent so foul play affects them less? I know it's only a tiny thing, but it could be useful one day. I hope that isn't a stupid suggestion! Good luck with your team:)

Hey I got your PM,
I like the concept of sun stall because its not as popular as rain or sand stall. Kudos to you for the originality! Anyway, Tyranitar is a rather large problem as it can come in on half your team and a CB set can OHKO Ninetales, Jellicent , and even Cresselia. To remedy this I suggest a defensive Landorus Therian. Landorus Therian easily checks Tyranitar and I think it works well on your team. You might want to remove Cresselia or Jellicent in its place. I also see problems with Nasty Plot Celebi. Chansry is your only check to it and I would advise making Ninetales more offensive to outspeed and OHKO Celebi. A simple 4hp/252SpA/252spe with a Timid nature will relieve you of Celebi. Also, Toxic is taking up a lot of space on your movesets. Putting Toxic Spikes on Forretress will allow you to poison the enemy far easier. Toxic can still be used on some of your pokemon to hit flying types/levitating pokemon. Overall, I think these changes would help a lot with your team and I wish you good luck!

Hi Helioptile,
Yeah, that's actually true, I hadn't thought of it! I suppose it cannot do any harm, so thanks!
Hi Tyranitar,
It seems everybody agrees that I need a way to take out CB Tyranitar, I'll try Landorus-T, and I'll give that Ninetales spread I go, it would be useful to take out some faster Pokemon. Thanks for taking a look at the team!

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Heyo!

First off, I applaud you for your choice of team and playstyle. As a user of an unusual sun team myself (although it isn't stall), it makes me happy to see people exploring the possibilities that this very underrated weather has to offer.

Now, on to suggested changes.
-I'm going to second Shurtugal's recommendation of a Sub-SD Landorus-T as a replacement for Cresselia. Although the swan's bulk and stalling capacity are appealing, Landorus patches up your weaknesses to Tyranitar, Terrakion, and Heatran, among others, making him more useful overall. Setup should be relatively easy thanks to the switches forced by his own Intimidate and Jumpluff's Sleep Powder and Encore, and nothing else on your team has so easy a time breaking through opposing walls.
-I'm also recommending you take Scarfwynaut's suggestion regarding Chansey's EVs. I've played against that spread several times, and improved overall bulk is worth the slight decrease in physical walling capability (which is less of an issue with Landorus-T on the team anyway). The set posted for Jumpluff should also be altered.
-Finally, change Jellicent's Scald to Shadow Ball. You already have burn potential with WoW, so it's better to use an offensive move that isn't weakened by the sunlight and can score SE hits on Lati@s and Gengar.

Other than that, the team seems solid. Good luck, bro!

Hi Darth Missingno.!
Thanks a lot, it is very much appreciated!

Okay, Landorus-t seems to be the overwhelming decision here, and when I have a bit of time I will just make sure he does improve the team before changing Pokemon.
Which EV spread would you recommend for Chansey? I've always used the one I posted, but Scarfwynaut seems to suggest there are a couple of better ones. I'll change the EVs on Jumpluff too.
Yeah, Shadow Ball is probably best on Jellicent!

Thanks a lot for rating the team!

Hi Darth Missingno, thanks for clarifying that!

Hi Testingalt, thank you very much! I agree that rain teams are a problem, as is probably true for all sun teams! But, what do you mean by Dugtrio? He can only really take out Ninetales and damage Chansey, but Dugtrio, I think, is a relatively rare sight on rain teams anyway, so I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that one? Please explain it to me if you can.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Landorus-T sets up on Dugtrio and sweeps so its not an issue lol. Jumpluff also murders Duggy so . . .

One time for forry is trapped, the team sucks completely counter banded/scarfed Ttar.
The team is not the type of my prefer, but not have many weakness.

Hi Kirigakure, I'm not exactly sure what you mean about Forretress? And the Tyranitar problem has been addressed now.
Okay Shurtugal, I've edited that:)

Well it doesn't look like another sun team that my lum-taunt haxorus can double dance at the first rounds and give me a 50% chance of fully sweeping.

in my opinion, and my experience with fighting against some of the greatest sun teams around
i can say that you might also want to take a step back in your team construction, when you replaced heatran for that pok called jumpuff or something like that
you can initialize a small trick room core in your cress with trick room over toxic and ice beam so you can counter dragons easier and almost diminish the need for that forry
that cress will be able to counter pretty match every dragon in one to one situation
and heal of damage even if they multi dance
then you can use eruption offensive heatran for further devastation,
i only recommend you this because this team looks like a really good team i fought once,

you initialize a lot of stall for a sun team something not that common since most of the sun team are really offensive oriented , you might want to preserve the defensive character of the team but, there are a lot of excellent sweepers to choose, its up to you

other than that ,great team bro.

Hi Grey Knight,
I have to say, your suggestion of running Trick Room on Cresselia is very interesting, as well as running Eruption Heatran alongside it. I shall definitely experiment with this, as it seems like it may give my team a little more dynamism, thanks a lot for that idea. I don't know whether I'll be able to make it work, but I will certainly try. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Well, thanks a lot for all of the rates everybody! Just to summarise the changes I have made, and the ones I have not.

Firstly, quite a few of the EV sets have been changed, in red on the original post. I experimented with The Tyranitar's suggestion of a more offensive spread, but Ninetales does miss out on tanking some hits.

As for moveset changes, Shadow Ball over Scald in Jellicent and Seismic Toss over Toxic on Chansey. I finally did go with Fire Blast over Flamethrower on Ninetales, the extra power is great! Despite the dip in accuracy. STAB and Sun Boost make it a very powerful move, far more than Flamethrower.

I have decided to change Cresselia for Landorus-T with the SubSD set, and this has proved to be a great change! I decided to stick with Chansey in the end though, and I also stuck with Jumpluff over Breloom, simply because I found it more difficult to stop set up sweepers, Encore on Jumpluff is missed!

Finally, I have not had time to test out Grey Knight's suggestion, but putting Trick Room on Cresselia and Eruption Heatran over Jumpluff seems like an interesting idea, and I will edit the original post if it turns out to be better. Thanks again for all of the help you guys have given me! And any more improvements?

First of all mods pls dont warn me for necromancy or anything,am i already falsely double warned by some really wise people.

Since you liked my idea you can add those changes, keep cresselia its an awesome pok put flame body on your heatran it can burn(40%) scizors that try u-turns under rain on your cress, none uses fire attacks on heatran now days

not erruption stay with overheat but dont make it full out offender give him leftovers and SR

you can also use trick room on your jelly

ice beam should be on cress

since the cress/heatr core deal with most of the dragons you can add the other jelly in
the place of forry and make rain teams life a bit harder

i cant see the reason for having that blob there so you can add banded or not ,minimum speed(brave,0evs/0ivs) victini
to exploit the Sun-TR like nothing else V-crates will crash anything that doesnt resist and doesn't run a physical 252/252 defensive nature at the same time while being faster (slower) because of the TR

as for the weather war its all about patience planning and luring, and ofc dugtrio, but if you want something more drastic you can use Gothilete
but gothorita is kind of hard to use and i wouldn't recommend it to someone new it but it does miracles if used right with the right move set,(hp fight , trick , calm mind , taunt....)

thats all, i hope i helped

Thanks for these suggestions Grey Knight! They all seem really interesting and I am eager to try them out!

However, I'm not certain I know exactly what you are suggesting. Are these your proposals?

Cresselia: Trick Room, Moonlight, Ice Beam, Psyshock. With the same EV spread.

Trick Room over a move on Jellicent

Flame body on Heatran, with a balanced offense set.

The other Jelly? Tentacruel right? Would you recommend SubToxic or Toxic Spikes, I'll probably try both anyway.

Victini over Chansey.

Where would Dugtrio or Gothitelle come in? I like the idea of Dugtrio, but just not sure where to put him in.

If you could confirm the things I listed that would be great! (just so I know I'm following your suggestions and not the wrong thing) and if you could clear up on the trapper. Thanks again for a bunch of interesting ideas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)