Jirachi sweep in the sand (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team building and bassic idea behind the team:

Bassically after using Jirachi quite alot I realised it was an amazing sweeper, capable of destroying unprepared offensive and stall teams, so I decided to work it into an SS team. But I also reaslised Jirachi didn't need much support, I tried toxic spikes, but there arnt many OU pokes who they affect, about 2/6 on an average team and Jirachi can already beat blissey.

I then looked on smogon and they suggested backing Jirachi up with a restalking curser/calminder. With Jirachi beign special, I decided a physical swampert would be good, with curse, waterfall and restalk. The set was surprisingly effective in tests and has stayed. He also makes a decent special sponge, taking on magnezone and heatran who threaten Jirachi.

Now I wanted SS, rocks and a lead. Hippowdon is my favourite pokemon, and he is extreamly bulky, he makes for a great lead, with impressive bulk and access to SR and sandstream can break a sash, which is useful if hippowdon does not want to stay in.

Well its bulky offense so far, and im in need of a revenge killer, and a scout, and with a sp pert for mag and heatran, Scizor was the obvious choice.

Now I kind of had most threats covered, but scarf gengar had worked in my previous SS teams and can revenge kill lucario, heatran, gyrados, rotom, salamence, suicune (trick) etc. Overall a useful pokemon to have and being pursuit bait can help Jirachi/swampert to set up. I considered rotom, but he cant revenge kill salamence and heatran/lucario cant be covered by the same scarf set.

This was my complete back up pokemon, Zapdos. With a defensive ev spread can act as a good back up to lucario, gyrados etc. and can make a great scizor counter as the SD set would be quite devistatign overwise. Roost removes her two weaknesses and can negate SR damadge, while toxic really helps in the sand, and zapdos can draw in swampert, to be smacked by a toxic.

Team in Depth:

Munchy (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This is a decent lead and his slow base speed, ensures that SS can get up, instead of a lead abomasnow hail. He is useful in this team as I need stealth rocks, and a beastly physical wall. Hippowdon does both and comes with stab EQ, which really does hurt beign super effective on 5 types and having 100 base power. He also has roar which is only there for lead ninjask, as I don't want him setting up on me. But roar is also useful for curse pert, DD-mence and other threats who I can't directly hurt.

---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Well his set is just perfect, he just fits on anyteam. He comes with the bonus on this team of drawing in heatran and magnezone, while revenge killing DD mence, as well as acting as a good back up to lucario, life orb gyrados, medicham etc. Superpower can be useful for cathing magnezone/tran on the switch in and pursuit can stop gengar and latias from running all over me.
---

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt

A complete back up really, but very effective, as its normal to loose a member or two, no one regularly 6-0's. So zapdos can come in, the set has been slightly changed, as with toxic, if gives me more oppertunites to roost and also hits my counters like t-tar and swampert. While hp grass may be useful, I find toxic has much more use outside of swampert and I don't know any steel types tht switch into zapdos and the common poisens in OU poisen, tentacruel and roserade, won't be switching in either. Zapdos's imunties and resitances mean she finds it easy to switch in and makes a great toxic staller.
---

Specticles (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Gengar, well an excellent set, also my best way of dealing with crocune, via trick. I also relly on her as a lucario back up as SR can hamper zapdos. Although lacking HP ice, after SS, life orb and SR, Salamence will not take a modest shadow ball easilly. While Jolly mence may seem problematic, jolly mence cannot touch hippowdon who can SS stall him with slack off and roar away for some more SR. Gengar is also my best option for taking on Gyrados, and can also pull off a late game sweep, or trick off the scarf and sweep slower teams. Trick and pursuit bait allow Jirachi to come in and set up
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Orrigianlly I thought curse pert would be useless, due to his 4x grass weakness, however the grass type is weak and rare, with the only common one being celebi, who is beaten 1 vs 1 by Jirachi. Swampert also counters many sp.atkers and turns them into set up fodder, even a life orb infernape cannot OHKO with grass knot. Swampert has base 110 attack, and that means that he doesn't need to get he full 6 curses, but can just get 2 and then rest up and try again latter. Swampert is a good initial switch into walls like blissey as rest gets rid of toxic and burn, while he sets up in there face. He is risky sleep fodder though, as brelloom and roserade could easilly decided to use a grass attack instead of a sleep move. Overall a great poke and Im really likeing swampert, his typing and stats are just perfect for this role.
---

Iron head FTW (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/178 Spd/80 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Jirachi, what a sweeper. This set is just soo effective its unbelievable. Calm mind allows me to set up in the face of blissey, vaporeon, latias, rotom and while I can't initailly touch them, I can easilly get to plus 6. Flash cannon is chosen for beating celebi and latias, but it also helps against t-tar who often switches in. Jirachi also has unpredictability, as most people will expect a physcial Jirachi, then they will be trying to find out if its physchic and flash cannon for the stab attack. Jirachi is great for punishing blissey reliant teams, as S-toss won't break my 101 subs, which also block her t-wave attempts. Jirachi gengnerally sweeps with little need for help form other members, but I have tried to gear my team to take out electric types, heatran and magnezone.

Well there is my team, it is open to change, thanks for reading please rate.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
It hasn't been 2 weeks since your last RMT. Please wait until the 2 week period has passed. Once it has passed, PM me and I'll unlock your thread. You also seem to be making an RMT every few weeks; you shouldn't be doing that since that's in violation of rule #13, so I recommend you wait quite a while before re-posting another RMT thread. Thanks.

RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)