Jolteon

Jolteon. One of the original 151. For many years the best ofensive eveelotion.
Ou for years. Then Thunderus appeared forcing our favorite electric pouch in uu. With fantastic 130 speed, and great 110 sp atk he makes a great specs users and one of the primer sp sweepers.

[will post sets and picture later]

It got Quick Feet, which pretty much ensures that it won't get out-sped by anything that isn't holding a Choice Scarf and then some. Not like Electric attacks are particularly common in UU. Raikou can beat you will pretty much any other move, and if it's CM you don't have a chance at beating it. Victini has V-Create, so it's not a problem. Random Thunder Waves I can understand, but most of the Pokemon that throw out Thunder Wave (Chansey and co.) don't care about Jolteon anyway.

sure it did. status it once, while it has choice specs.. and he's now choice specs+scarfed.

its not incredible super special.. but it's useful.

Bulky Charge Beam Jolteon for teh lulz?
Jolteon @ Flame Orb
252 HP 252 SpA 4 Def Modest
Quick Feet
Charge Beam
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/Grass
Wish/Baton Pass/Shadow Ball

Flame Orb doesn't usually help with bulkiness! Although that set would get some lulz.

Volt Absorb gives Quick Feet some stiff competition.

breh

強いだね
just.. don't ever use quick feet

it's jolteon; for fuck's sake this think already outspeeds some scarfers in the first place lol

volt absorb is more useful.

doesn't volt absorb absorb thunder wave anyway. So the only use for quick feet would be to avoid glare/stun spore. Which aren't that common at all.

The best set so far has been either all out attacker or yawn+voltswitch/passer..quick feet is just a big LOL that shouldnt even be considered on jolteon..it's like saying let's give ninjask speedboost BUT it doesnt get Baton Pass..

A yawn Jolteon set would go like this

Jolteon@ leftovers
Voltabsorb
252 SpAtk 252 Speed
Timid
-Yawn
-volt Switch/Baton Pass
-Hidden power Ice
-Thunderbolt/shadowball

you can switch the Special attack for HP if you want more bulk..it functions similar to uxie,, as it allows you to keep the momentum on your side and since jolteon is one of the fastest users of a sleep a sleep inducing move..this could allow you to check sweepers

The only way I could see Quick Feet being handy to Jolteon would be if it got Electro Ball, but it doesn't. That being the case, giving up its immunity and subjecting it to status for speed is a poor decision.

doesn't volt absorb absorb thunder wave anyway. So the only use for quick feet would be to avoid glare/stun spore. Which aren't that common at all.
Since it has Quick feet as an ability it wont have Volt absorb therefore it can get Thunder Waved.

While quick feet isn't absolutely useless (not good either) I was hoping Jolteon would get something like lightningrod. I think quick feet was just gamefreak trolling us again.

Lightningrod would've actually been a really good option for Jolteon, even a straight-up upgrade on Volt Switch. It would keep its electric immunity, but grab a quick specs boost every time it switched in to take an electric hit for something else...

Although that would put it in competition with Lightning Rod Zapdos eventually, and leave it a little vulnerable to tracers...although I think the only good tracer in UU is Gardevoir and +1 jolteon beats it with Shadow Ball...

I'm really disappointed jolteon didn't get anything new from the 5th generation except the semi - reliable volt switch. It also got stored power as a breeding move but . . . . . . . lol

Stored Power is much better on Espeon due to STAB and being one of the best team members for SmashPassing, especially with the new-found legality of MB Espeon with egg moves.

That said, Jolteon seems screwed this time. Quick Feet may increase speed but it doesn't prevent parahax. >_>

Since it has Quick feet as an ability it wont have Volt absorb therefore it can get Thunder Waved.
He probably meant that both abilities avoid thunder wave(it will get the status, but not the speed drop if using quick feet), but quick feet allows it to also avoid non-electric sources that cause paralysis, but since non-electric sources of paralysis are rarely used, there's no reason to use quick feet to avoid paralysis.

He probably meant that both abilities avoid thunder wave(it will get the status, but not the speed drop if using quick feet), but quick feet allows it to also avoid non-electric sources that cause paralysis, but since non-electric sources of paralysis are rarely used, there's no reason to use quick feet to avoid paralysis.
He said "just to avoid glare and stun spore." Anyway this doesn't matter.

Are you going to post some of the sets soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)