ORAS OU Kalos Classic Mega Team! (Feat. Charizard X)

Okay. I am typing this on an HTC T7575, so bear with me here.

I created this team on Showdown recently, and it is centered around my favorite mega evolution, Charizard X.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Adamant Blaze
240HP 252 Atk 16 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake

This Pokemon serves as my setup sweeper. I gave it more bulk instead of speed, and this has helped greatly, allowing me to set up two D-Dances and sweep. I'm running Dragon Claw over Outrage because I am paranoid, and I don't want to be locked in on a Fairy-type. Flare Blitz hurts, but the recoil is well worth the damage output. I am considering running Roost over Earthquake, because I'm not sure if I need the extra coverage. I would greatly appreciate some opinions on that.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Huge Power
252HP 252Atk 4SpD
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Azumarill with Belly Drum is something I considered non-negotiable when building this team. It seems to work. Azumarill's Water-Fairy typing also compliments Zard-X's Fire-Dragon very well, and I figured I just couldn't pass that up. Aqua Jet is necessary not just for the set, but for the team, as Aqua Jet > everything not named Greninja at full or Extreme Speed. (For some reason, Greninja survives +6 Aqua Jet.) Play Rough is the standard "destroy the entire OU metagame" attack, and Superpower is for my personal fear of opposing Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Iron Barbs
252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock
-Power Whip
-Protect
This is where my Fire-Water-Grass/Dragon-Fairy-Steel core ends and my FerroWash core begins. Ferrothorn is my defensive wall, and it racks up it's residual damage very well. Leech Seed is semi-reliable recovery and also forces switches. Stealth Rock can be a win-condition in some cases, and Ferrothorn does it better than Excadrill, as much as I love that thing. Protect is for scouting, and for that rare opportunity when an unsuspecting Mega-Lopunny goes for High Jump Kick. Power Whip is reliable STAB, and also prevents Ferrothorn from being total taunt bait. Rocky Helmet cannot be substituted. The damage it causes along with Leech Seed and Iron Barbs can score KOs in some situations.

Rotom-Wash Leftovers
Calm Levitate
252 HP 252 SpD 4 SpA
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Wash forms my defensive core with Ferrothorn, and serves as my special wall. I have to have Leftovers, because recovery is recovery. Thunderbolt is a reliable STAB move and allows me to get off an Electric-type attack without being forced to switch. Volt Switch is here for when I actually WANT to switch out, and can help me transition into Ferrothorn to take a physical hit. Hydro Pump misses a lot, but I'm pretty certain that it is the only Water-type STAB that Rotom-Wash gets. Will-O-Wisp ruins the careers of physical attackers, and is absolutely necessary, especially since I have no other moves that cause status conditions.

Nidoking @Choice Scarf
Timid Sheer Force
252SpA 252 Speed 4 HP
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

Nidoking is my revenge killer, and outspeeds more than opponents realize. A Timid nature gives this Pokemon less power, but it allows it to perform its job. Earth Power and Sludge Wave are two STAB moves that cannot be excluded (STAB drinking game: take a swig every time I write STAB). Anyways, I also run Ice Beam instead of Thunderbolt just to handle threats like Gliscor and Dragonite. Flamethrower is here, again, for my fear of opposing Ferrothorn. Scizor and Forretress don't seem to like it either for some reason.

Zapdos Leftovers
Modest Pressure
252HP 252SpA 4Def
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Defog
-Roost

Arguably the most important Pokemon on this team, Zapdos provides Defog support, powerful special attacks, and decent bulk. Thunderbolt wrecks anything that doesn't resist thanks to max special attack investment. Heat Wave is for Grass-types that think they can switch in on an Electric-type move. Roost annoys people, and I hate that, but I need it to provide Zapsos with a long life. Defog is a blessing and a curse. I love that it removes rocks on my side of the field, but I have to get rid of my own sometimes. Still, the pros outweigh the cons.

Please tell me what you think of this team, and don't sugarcoat anything! I greatly appreciate advice!

Hey man. I just have one for ya.. I suggest taking out Nidoking for Landorus-T. Nidoking isn't that viable in OU competitively. With Choice Scarf lando, you can be able to outspeed the Greninjas lying around if they are not choice scarfed. Plus, you still get that electric immunity.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Superpower

hey acrokid098 i appreciate your suggestion
but, this team already has 3 physical attackers so i think a scarfed latios or greninja will work better
and i dont really know that belly drum azu is how much good.

hey acrokid098 i appreciate your suggestion
but, this team already has 3 physical attackers so i think a scarfed latios or greninja will work better
and i dont really know that belly drum azu is how much good.
True.

The best Azu set is the Assault Vest one. You can try it out here

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Although, you might want to add a little more SpDef

True.

The best Azu set is the Assault Vest one. You can try it out here

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Although, you might want to add a little more SpDef
I agree.
And there is no need for more bulk this is the best evs for av azu. And that evs of zard X is good? I don't really runs that evs.

I agree.
And there is no need for more bulk this is the best evs for av azu. And that evs of zard X is good? I don't really runs that evs.
Well back in XY OU, I ran this set.. this is for Bulky DD

With this, you outspeed Greninja after 1 DD

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)