Pokémon Klefki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... is there a way to abuse Prankster-priority Recycle on this guy? Say, with Chesto Berry + Rest? Or with Weakness Policy?

Also, he gets Fairy Lock, which could theoretically make him extremely annoying.

Hm... is there a way to abuse Prankster-priority Recycle on this guy? Say, with Chesto Berry + Rest? Or with Weakness Policy?

Also, he gets Fairy Lock, which could theoretically make him extremely annoying.
Red card + recycle can be used as a gimmicky shuffle after setting up spikes/SR.

this guy doesn't have anything on gliscor, if you are havin' klefki problems I feel bad for you son, gliscor is 50x more annoying and don't care about no paralysis or confusion procs. one earthquake after +2 and its over.

alternatively you can just use magnezone (I use both) since steel trapping all the supports out there like klefki and ferrothorn and skarmory is just too gud

I have two teams currently: A semi-stall team and an all-out offense team.

My first (semi-stall) team doesn't care about SwagKey because half my team resists Foul Play, I have a Scarfed Chandelure, which gets rid of Klefki instantly 55% chance of the time (thanks to Swagger miss chance and 50% confusion chance), a Ferrothorn which punishes Klefki for using Swagger and hits decently hard on it with Gyro Ball, a Togekiss which could theoretically stall out SwagKey if all else fails. So far, this team has lost more than one Pokemon to about 10% of the SwagKeys it has faced.

My second team has several Pokemon that will instantly OHKO Klefki if they ever land a hit. Dugtrio is especially nice since it is immune to Thunder Wave and has Arena Trap. I also have my own Klefki with Thunder Wave and Spikes, so I can set up hazards while SwagKey is trying to kill my Klefki. So far, this team has lost to zero SwagKeys out of the countless ones it has played.

When I built these teams, I had no idea people actually ran SwagKey. Now I know, but I still don't care. This is the case with a lot of well-built teams, in fact.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
SwagKey might be the best aegislash counter out there right now, uses its own boosts against it and can live a +3 sneak with enough health.
+3? At what point, between Swords Dance and Swagger, will Aegislash not attain an even numbered boost (+2 or +4)?

Also, SwagKey beating Aegislash doesn't advocate its greatness, other Klefkis can run Foul Play too and deal with the Aegi just as easily (Light Screen variants can also handle Mixed Aegislash!).

+3? At what point, between Swords Dance and Swagger, will Aegislash not attain an even numbered boost (+2 or +4)?

Also, SwagKey beating Aegislash doesn't advocate its greatness, other Klefkis can run Foul Play too and deal with the Aegi just as easily (Light Screen variants can also handle Mixed Aegislash!).
EXACTLY. My Dual Screen Klefki is one of my usual switches into opposing Aegislash because You'll likely switch into either a SD or a weak Shadow Sneak, and then after setting Reflect up you can comfortably OHKO or 2HKO even a +4 Aegislash thanks to the extra defense from the screen and the SE hit from Foul Play.

It's Foul Play what defeats Aegislash, not SwagKey.

Also, while I think it's not that effective and is certainly not reliable at all, SwagKey deserves a mention in the OP and the eventual analysis, as it can be dangerous for the unprepared, and even can do a lot of damage to the prepared if it's lucky enough. I think the rest of the sets are vastly superior, but... It at least deserves a mention.

MaximumZero

Banned deucer.
I always bring my Dugtrio when facing a Klefki , just hoping it would pass the 1st confusion proc ensures its death .

Surprisingly enough, I have found camerupt to be an excellent counter to SwagKey. With immunity to TWave and both of his STABs being super effective to Klefki, he works quite well. Along with a Modest nature and minimal Atk Ivs, he can also do minimal damage to himself in confusion and foul play does less damage to him as well. If you run earth power and Flamethrower/Fire Blast, he can guarantee Klefki goes down the first time as long as he avoids the self harm from confusion. And even if he hits himself once, foul play and his self damage still give him the bulk to attack again if you maximize defense or HP EVs

EDIT: actually a Bold nature may work better to minimize confusion damage

Surprisingly enough, I have found camerupt to be an excellent counter to SwagKey. With immunity to TWave and both of his STABs being super effective to Klefki, he works quite well. Along with a Modest nature and minimal Atk Ivs, he can also do minimal damage to himself in confusion and foul play does less damage to him as well. If you run earth power and Flamethrower/Fire Blast, he can guarantee Klefki goes down the first time as long as he avoids the self harm from confusion. And even if he hits himself once, foul play and his self damage still give him the bulk to attack again if you maximize defense or HP EVs

EDIT: actually a Bold nature may work better to minimize confusion damage
Yeah, but camerupt is an all-around terrible pokemon otherwise.

Yeah, but camerupt is an all-around terrible pokemon otherwise.
Oh indeed he is. But until Bank comes out, and SwagKey keeps on being used, he's a decent answer to him. A special Nidoking is probably a better choice to counter Klefki then.

Smeargle has Own Tempo, has horrible Attack, and has Spore. Seems to me like he'd be a good lead in the face of Klefki..

^
Additionally, it synergizes with Swagger as swagger builds your enemies attack.

Has anybody had any luck running SwagKey w/ Air Balloon?

Foul play uses the opponent's attack stat, meaning that Klefki can have a strong attack with no investment in its own, putting more of it into defenses.
In addition to this, Rough Play is better, as it hits numerous Pokemon, like Tyranitar, much harder, so much so that you can actually take on Fire Blast-less Tyranitar one-on-one and win. It also makes it more dangerous for Dark-Types to switch in given its higher base power and also the potential to lower the opponent's Attack stat.

TBH I'm just gonna flat out say it, this thing is awesome, but it depends on luck so horribly, when I use Swagger, I miss it, he snaps out of confusion right away, or he hits through confusion. When I use T-wave it never paralyzes him and the opponent ends up 2HKO-ing me. While I myself every single time I get swagger (when it's 50%) and I always get Paralyzed and can't move because of T-Wave.

So my only options are: Reflect / Light Screen / Thunder Wave (Just for the 1/2 Spe) / Spikes (or Foul Play)

OR Calm Mind / Reflect / Draining Kiss / Foul Play, Spikes or Thunder Wave.

Punchshroom

TBH I'm just gonna flat out say it, this thing is awesome, but it depends on luck so horribly, when I use Swagger, I miss it, he snaps out of confusion right away, or he hits through confusion. When I use T-wave it never paralyzes him and the opponent ends up 2HKO-ing me. While I myself every single time I get swagger (when it's 50%) and I always get Paralyzed and can't move because of T-Wave.

So my only options are: Reflect / Light Screen / Thunder Wave (Just for the 1/2 Spe) / Spikes (or Foul Play)

OR Calm Mind / Reflect / Draining Kiss / Foul Play, Spikes or Thunder Wave.
This gentleman gets it. The latter (unbolded) part though, unfortunate for you :(

The first set you mentioned is the standard Dual Screen Klefki; the latter though...I dunno, don't you think Klefki has better things to be doing than bulky boosting? Klefki shouldn't really be aiming to attack, it just attacks to do some damage whenever convenient, but Draining Kiss is a tad weak for a move for Klefki to simply throw out. Foul Play and Play Rough are the primary options because they can allow Klefki to do some damage in a pinch (Dazzling Gleam imo is inferior to Play Rough against targets like Tyranitar and Goodra); Draining Kiss may help Klefki to recover a bit but is too weak to matter much. Bulky boosting Draining Kiss sets would be better left off to stuff like Sylveon anyway.

Do people not play pokemon for fun anymore? I understand that it get's more serious when you start getting into competitive battling but the main reason a lot of us started pokemon was to have fun. Not only do I find it un-satisfying to win with a swagger t-wave pokemon, I also find my self losing more then I win with them.
I play for fun. I find such I risk, high reward build incredibly fun. But it's just that; high risk, high reward/

Can someone help me calculate the speed EVs required for Prankster Sableye to beat out Prankster Klefki?

Sableye has base 50, Klefki has 75.

Now I've never calculated the speeds like this before, but I would assume you need at least 26 total speed stat to beat Klefki? So... 104 speed EVs? Am I doing this right?

My reasons for posting this here are that once Sableye is faster than Swagkey, it pretty much shuts it down with Taunt. Foul Play does nothing to Sableye since his attack is pathetic as is.

Punchshroom

Can someone help me calculate the speed EVs required for Prankster Sableye to beat out Prankster Klefki?

Sableye has base 50, Klefki has 75.

Now I've never calculated the speeds like this before, but I would assume you need at least 26 total speed stat to beat Klefki? So... 104 speed EVs? Am I doing this right?

My reasons for posting this here are that once Sableye is faster than Swagkey, it pretty much shuts it down with Taunt. Foul Play does nothing to Sableye since his attack is pathetic as is.
Unfortunately, Sableye needs a total of 204 Speed EVs to outspeed Klefki, which is nowhere near the investment to be worth the loss in bulk. Prankster Whimsicott, Thundurus-I, Tornadus-I, Liepard and Murkrow are fast enough, but only Thundurus-I has a way of threatening Klefki behind a Sub. Electric- and Ground-types are your best practical bets for SwagKey, especially Taunt Gliscor or maybe Magnezone.

Unfortunately, Sableye needs a total of 204 Speed EVs to outspeed Klefki, which is nowhere near the investment to be worth the loss in bulk. Prankster Whimsicott, Thundurus-I, Tornadus-I, Liepard and Murkrow are fast enough, but only Thundurus-I has a way of threatening Klefki behind a Sub. Electric- and Ground-types are your best practical bets for SwagKey, especially Taunt Gliscor or maybe Magnezone.
Ouch. I was definitely off there. That's certainly not worth it.

however running him with a Lum Berry should do until we get Whimsicott. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)