Kurt Vonnegut dies age 84.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
:(

one of my favorite authors. this is really sad. haha, now i'll probably re-read every vonnegut book i have now instead of doing my school work in commemoration of him.

I remember doing a paper senior year in high school on Slaughterhouse 5/Vonnegut. That book changed the way I though about a lot of things. RIP.

This really stinks; Vonnegut was a great author. I remember when he made a guest appearence on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart; he was amazing.

I was talking to a lady from my German class and she said she stayed up with a friend all night who was mourning his death...which is pretty stupid. I read random books by him in the library before classes last year, very good stuff.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I remembered my English teacher reading a story from him (I think it's Harrison Bergeron or something).

RIP Von

This is really a shame, the world only gets so many minds of his caliber.

I suppose at least if any positive can be taken out of this it's likely to get his work one last burst of exposure.

Harrison Bergeron is a story I'll never forget. I've never been more chilled, by King, Lovecraft or any other author, as much as I was by Harrison Bergeron.

auf Wiedersehen, Mr. Vonnegut.

I was assigned Harrison Bergeron in English two weeks ago and it made me decide that I would have to start reading Vonnegut. I suppose an excellent way to celebrate his life would be to buy one of his books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)