Pokémon Kyurem-Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Freeze shock isn't that good :/ just use ice beam. If you see Chansey, just switch out or something. Scarf Kyurem-B makes a really nice revenge killer, and band kyurem-B just hits like a truck. Are there any other useful items Kyurem-B can run effectively?
Leftovers is the go-to item for the Sub+3 Attacks set, and Life Orb is very nice when trying to go all out attacker to smash holes in the opponents team. Lum berry is also nice if you want to spam use Outrage for a longer amount of time.

Kyuubi runs the standard items for an offensively oriented pokemon, and benefits from all of them very well.

Also, has anyone here tried AV Kyuubi, or is it not worth it?

Leftovers is the go-to item for the Sub+3 Attacks set, and Life Orb is very nice when trying to go all out attacker to smash holes in the opponents team. Lum berry is also nice if you want to spam use Outrage for a longer amount of time.

Kyuubi runs the standard items for an offensively oriented pokemon, and benefits from all of them very well.

Also, has anyone here tried AV Kyuubi, or is it not worth it?
Av Cube probably isn't worth it, while it does resist some common special types like electric, grass and water it's main use is breaking walls and for that it would rather sit behind a sub avoiding status or carry a life or choice band. Not to mention it doesn't have any recovery on an AV set which is rather essential for good AV mons without crazy special bulk.

Having problems dealing with AV Conk when using Sub 3 attacks due to special set. What should I pair with to try and counter/check the standard AV Conk to give my Kyurem more breathing move?

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Aegislash resists all of Kyu-B's weaknesses and has King's Shield to troll Conkeldurr (all its moves except for the rare EQ make contact).
Mega Pinsir and Talonflame are very good in the current metagame and easily scare Conkeldurr out, but they share a rock weakness with Kyu-B so make sure to have spin/defog support.
Sylveon is also a decent choice and can support Kyu-B with Wish and Heal Bell.

Idyll

my favorite poem was the one i read to youuuuuuuuu
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Having problems dealing with AV Conk when using Sub 3 attacks due to special set. What should I pair with to try and counter/check the standard AV Conk to give my Kyurem more breathing move?
As an extensive user of that set, I can say that one of the better partners is Talonflame, since it can check both Conkeldurr and Scizor, two threats to Cube. Meanwhile, Kyu-B handles M-Manectric, Landorus-T, and Rotom-A for Talonflame.

Thanks guys, I've been running Mega-Pinsir similarly to Talonflame because it doesnt lose 50% on switch in to knock off, but I didn't even notice my overbearing rock weakness so I'm thinking of imrpovising a spinner onto the team as I like to have a Deoxys lead with the entry hazards but that's a story not suit for this thread. Thanks again friends :]

Conk isn't easy to check this gen but things like skarmory and mega venusaur check it pretty well, Tentacruel works too but is less viable, Mega Medicham checks it and is one of the hardest things to switch into it also ohkos any Conk (except maybe a +2 BU one?) And Gyarados does well vs it, resisting its stab and taking neutral damage from its coverage moves while intimidating it.

Basically anything that resists fighting (or is insanely bulky), doesn't mind knock off and doesn't get hit SE by Ice Punch does well, which isn't a very long list.

Idyll

my favorite poem was the one i read to youuuuuuuuu
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Its honestly looking like Conk checks seem to be really weak to rocks, but again the help is appreciated.
It is worth noting that as long as it doesn't get hit by Drain Punch on the switch, Manaphy can check Conkeldurr while also handling Scizor really well. After a Tail Glow, the two are taken out by Psychic and Surf respectively. There's also decent type synergy between the two; Kyu-B takes the Electric and Grass moves aimed at Manaphy, while Manaphy takes Steel moves aimed at Kyu-B.

It is worth noting that as long as it doesn't get hit by Drain Punch on the switch, Manaphy can check Conkeldurr while also handling Scizor really well. After a Tail Glow, the two are taken out by Psychic and Surf respectively. There's also decent type synergy between the two; Kyu-B takes the Electric and Grass moves aimed at Manaphy, while Manaphy takes Steel moves aimed at Kyu-B.
That does look like pretty good synergy, I'll look into that sometime.

outside of rotom and excadrill, what does earth power hit? i can't force myself to run a special attacking kyurem and let that base 170 go to waste. i always put dragon claw on my sub set. what am i missing out on?

outside of rotom and excadrill, what does earth power hit? i can't force myself to run a special attacking kyurem and let that base 170 go to waste. i always put dragon claw on my sub set. what am i missing out on?
Although it seems like a waste of its massive 170 base Atk, Kyu-B's best set is easily Substitute+Fusion Bolt+Earth Power+Ice Beam. Substitute shields you from status and scouts moves while Earth Power lets you nail Rotom in its little stubby face. Fusion Bolt lets you put its great Atk to good use, and Ice Beam is its best STAB option. Dragon Claw/Outrage, while undeniably strong is Kyu-B's hands claws, usually doesn't fit into his playstyle, which is stallbreaking.

Well, what about Roost? I know you stated it's different, but honestly, without Leftovers, this set could be wore down kinda quickly 'cause of B-Kyurem's somewhat low Speed... The opponent could easily get off a Toxic or something before BK could get up a Substitute... I honestly don't run Ice Beam on my BK, am I weird for doing that?
Roost won"t help too much against Toxic but generally you wanna switch in on something that cant hurt you, this includes status.

Without Ice Beam you have nothing to hit Lando, Gliscor and assuming you run Fusion Bolt and Earthpower you won"t even have a stab...

I was thinking of turning my unshiny, careful Kyurem (Philip) into a Kyurem-B with Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Ice Beam, and Roost, w/Leftovers as an item. EVS: 252 Attack, 252 HP. Would the HP investment be a bad choice?

Aegislash. 2HKOs or 3HKOs depending on Aegislash's set. But if you can time your substitutes with its King's shields, you have good chance of taking it down.

I was thinking of turning my unshiny, careful Kyurem (Philip) into a Kyurem-B with Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Ice Beam, and Roost, w/Leftovers as an item. EVS: 252 Attack, 252 HP. Would the HP investment be a bad choice?
What do you need Dragon Claw for that Ice Beam and the other moves don't do better?

Aegislash. 2HKOs or 3HKOs depending on Aegislash's set. But if you can time your substitutes with its King's shields, you have good chance of taking it down.

What do you need Dragon Claw for that Ice Beam and the other moves don't do better?
Dragon Claw is for a good Physical STAB move. With Mega Gardevoir & Mawile runnin' around, I don't wanna get locked into an Outrage. Ice beam is for Garchomp, Flygon, Dragonite, etc. Shadow claw gives Philip coverage over Gardevoir, but I may change it for Rock Slide. Roost is for HP restore.

Dragon Claw is for a good Physical STAB move. With Mega Gardevoir & Mawile runnin' around, I don't wanna get locked into an Outrage. Ice beam is for Garchomp, Flygon, Dragonite, etc. Shadow claw gives Philip coverage over Gardevoir, but I may change it for Rock Slide. Roost is for HP restore.
Update: Return is another alternative, because I've maxed out me and Philip's friendship and affection.

Aegislash resists all of Kyu-B's weaknesses and has King's Shield to troll Conkeldurr (all its moves except for the rare EQ make contact).
Mega Pinsir and Talonflame are very good in the current metagame and easily scare Conkeldurr out, but they share a rock weakness with Kyu-B so make sure to have spin/defog support.
Sylveon is also a decent choice and can support Kyu-B with Wish and Heal Bell.

Knock off is a thing nowadays and conk has it

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually kind of surprised an all-out physical set hasn't become popular... physical Steel-types have become so rare, and Cube's coverage moves one-shot every fairy type in the game. (Mawile is the only fairy in the metagame that Cube cannot OHKO, as it is not weak to Iron Head nor Fusion Bolt, but it is always 2HKO'd)

I mean, if you look at the list of Dragon-resists in the S - B ranks, the only Pokemon LO Adamant Cube cannot reliably 2HKO are: Aegislash (takes minimum 83% from LO 2 fusion bolts), Mega Scizor (86% chance to 2HKO with SR), Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Mega Aggron

So 3 "meh" B-rank (and rather uncommon) steel types are the only Pokemon in the whole meta not 2HKO'd byt LO Adamant Cube, never mind CB. Oh, and Aegislash, Jirachi, and Mega Aggron all fear a potential LO Earth Power. Specially Defensive Heatran can be 2HKO'd by a CB Outrage with ease by the way...

The only thing holding it back is Speed and no priority honestly...

I'm actually kind of surprised an all-out physical set hasn't become popular... physical Steel-types have become so rare, and Cube's coverage moves one-shot every fairy type in the game. (Mawile is the only fairy in the metagame that Cube cannot OHKO, as it is not weak to Iron Head nor Fusion Bolt, but it is always 2HKO'd)

I mean, if you look at the list of Dragon-resists in the S - B ranks, the only Pokemon LO Adamant Cube cannot reliably 2HKO are: Aegislash (takes minimum 83% from LO 2 fusion bolts), Mega Scizor (86% chance to 2HKO with SR), Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Mega Aggron

So 3 "meh" B-rank (and rather uncommon) steel types are the only Pokemon in the whole meta not 2HKO'd byt LO Adamant Cube, never mind CB. Oh, and Aegislash, Jirachi, and Mega Aggron all fear a potential LO Earth Power. Specially Defensive Heatran can be 2HKO'd by a CB Outrage with ease by the way...

The only thing holding it back is Speed and no priority honestly...
What would the fourth move be on that set? Both Outrage and Dragon Claw or still run Ice Beam or even Zen Headbutt?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably Dragon Claw... Ice Beam is pretty damn weak with no EVs, and probably minimum usefulness (considering Cube 2HKO's Hippo and Lando-T with Outrage...).

Cube also OHKOes every Fighting-type common to the tier (Conk usually runs SpDef, not HP), and Mega Venu is scared as hell of Cube (besides, Cube 2HKO's it regardless...), so while interesting, I don't think Zen Headbutt adds much.

Eath Power is also some-what interesting, but overall I'd have to give it to Dragon Claw.

Probably Dragon Claw... Ice Beam is pretty damn weak with no EVs, and probably minimum usefulness (considering Cube 2HKO's Hippo and Lando-T with Outrage...).

Cube also OHKOes every Fighting-type common to the tier (Conk usually runs SpDef, not HP), and Mega Venu is scared as hell of Cube (besides, Cube 2HKO's it regardless...), so while interesting, I don't think Zen Headbutt adds much.

Eath Power is also some-what interesting, but overall I'd have to give it to Dragon Claw.
I suppose the a decent alternative would be LO+Roost with 3 attacks, although LO Dragon Claw is not strong enough to break through some walls and if you run Outrage you might as well run CB, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)