Tournament Last God Standing [CHAMPION: Chloe!]

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
As they were walking along the road, someone said to Jesus, “I will follow You wherever You go.” Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.” Then He said to another man, “Follow Me.” “Lord, the man replied, “first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Let the dead bury their own dead. You, however, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

"Excellent
So have chosen to follow us, after all
To follow us to victory.

And so it begins."

Thanks for the signups everyone! It took just over 24 hours to fill up completely. I will still be taking substitutes throughout the first round, so still sign up if you're interested in joining the tour!

Now, for the god assignments. In the interest of transparency, here's how I did the randomization:

So basically I used the RAND() function in Excel to generate 32 random numbers between 0-1. I put them in the column next to the numbers 1-32 and then sorted the rows based on the random numbers. In short, each row number is now matched with a random number between 1 and 32. Both the god list and the signup list has a set order in the OP, so the matching is easy--the gray column represents the gods and the white column represents the users. Double check my matching if you want to, but all the players were included in the list below, so I think I did it right.
Without further ado, here are the gods you will follow!
Aegislash = Akumeoy
Arceus = Zangooser
Blaziken = Shavedbear
Darkrai = rhydreigon
Deoxys = HeraChris
Dialga = shubaka17
Genesect = figments
Gengar = ih8ih8sn0w
Giratina = Conni
Greninja = Sanjay.
Groudon = The Ruins of Alpha
Ho-oh = sand1234
Hoopa = InfernapeTropius11
Kangaskhan = Ransei
Kyogre = Qplaz
Kyurem = Illusio
Landorus = boxofkangaroos
Latias = ihhca
Latios = ChrystalFalchion
Lucario = Betathunder
Lugia = Rhythms
Mawile = Niadev
Mewtwo = megaqwer:D
Palkia = dragonite drake
Rayquaza = Knuckstrike
Reshiram = Stocke
Salamence = Scarfnaut
Shaymin = lost heros
Xerneas = TonyFlygon
Yveltal = Maleovex
Zekrom = Grains of Salt
"Wildcard" = OM room

Now, before the first round can start, I need the two lucky users Zangooser and OM room to declare their god choices in this thread. Zangooser may choose any Arceus type, while OM room can choose any Pokemon not included on the above list. I'm seriously not posting the Round 1 matchups until you do this, so get on it.

I'd also like to take a minute to clear up a few confusions people have had about Gods and Followers before the first round starts:
  • The type restriction of your team is based on the form of your Pokemon when its sent into battle. So Shaymin-Sky can use Grass and Flying type followers because it starts the battle as that type, whereas Primal Groudon can only use Ground followers because it has to enter the battle as normal Groudon.
  • If you played this the last time it was OMotM, the Curse effect has been replaced with Embargo.
  • Soul Dew is legal, which is why Latias and Latios are gods.
  • Mega Rayquaza and Geomancy are banned.
  • You do not need to use Unown as your Wildcard god. In fact, I highly recommend that you don't.
  • If you don't counterteam your opponent once the matchups are posted then you're doing it wrong.
See you on the battlefield, followers.

Here are your randomized first round opponents! Definitely some hype matchups in this round; looking forward to Truth vs. Ideals and the Gen 3 Dragon/Flying mirror match. I'm giving 10 days just because team-building is a little more intensive for this format, but the faster you can finish, the better! If I haven't heard from either of you in about 5 days I'll start bugging you.

And to clear up a bit of confusion, yes, you can use any Ubers-legal form of your god (unless you're Zangooser). I used specific sprites in the list above, but you don't have to use that particular form.

Happy counter-teaming, folks.

"Onward, my children."

Last edited:

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
mfw ruins of alpha vs zangooser, wow might as well follow her now. also almost finished with cteam will fite after finishing it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)