last mons drawings ever~ (RMT)

this is my "best team" for Pt, the idea is essentialy to Prz the hell out of my opponent and get into favorable positions for a sweep. this is also a semi "team retirement" since I'm essentially leaving pokemon. feel free to improve/steal.

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Best lead, stolen from Brawley ^_^~
Explode isn't to kill stuff besides blissey, it's to dent and open up a switch for me, to timid is fine to help those fireblasts count. The only completely unfavorable matchup is gyarados, who id prefer not get a free turn early game (but I switch to celebi who stops it cold). lures out waters/blissey for celebi/booming depending how i feel. shuca is such an amazing item on heatran, i get to beat random scarftran switches on my FBs, and tar has a harder time owning me

heatran is always ready to chomp on his ~yummy~ shuca berry after laying down the stelth rokz

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Plat's best utility imo, and with 3 immunes he's not hard to switch in. I use him because heatran tends to die early and scizor is pretty goddam annoying. ddgyara insurance, and trick is just potent for boring switchins. Most scarfers don't carry pursuit so that's no biggy. twave is to help with the rest of them team and often my "scout" move on turn one of bringing him out, depending on the pace of the game.

rotom is cute and fast with his choise skarf

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Honestly this is just outrage filler/filler but the utility/surprise is enough. A strong link on the team that, like rotom, provides a good deal of insurance except with textbook neutral coverage. not much to say; helps me come back if luke/gyara/certain other mence set up. Considering -sdef nature but i like taking surfs/fire moves/TBs better than having a slightly boosted fb. Considering replacing him with CSchamp but I'd really miss the speed.

salingmence is a straight up tough costumer, wearing his tshoise scarph around his tail

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP/252 Atk/124 Spd
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Weakest link, but provides me with help vs heatran/zapdos/scizor. I realize i should just bite the bullet and get myself a swampert but he really lacks offense compared to this guy. a bit of a scizor lure since he can't even 2hko with BP while i fire punch him. Considering a replacement for this guy primarily. EVs to beat bliss +101 subs, but i almost wanna take out of attack to give him beating no speed vappy/scizor evs. kinda disappointed with the offense he provides but with all the twave everywhere he's a nice mon to have.

rhyperior munches on leftauvers to help him keep throwin up subs

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Reflect

The truly deathless set. I miss using LS on lastpokes/ paralyzed pokes trying to set up but i have a decent enough "special walling offesnive core" in tar and perior that reflect+celebi+them is pretty unbreakable. Twave turn one and reflect if it's an offensive threat staying in or switch to whatever beats any mon foolish enough to mess with celebi. pursuits bounce off me, everyone applauds. status absorption really helps too, just an excellent mon ^_^

ps: it also ruins all gyara's save taunt LO bouncedos or something ridiculous like that, as well as most kingdras.

celebi's neverending apple leftovurz (due to time control/natural affinity) are a constant source of refreshment

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/204 Spd/48 SAtk
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

evs to beat adamant csluke and friends (also beats +ntr scarftran). considering some -def nature since he dies to a bullet punch regardless. this set is pretty beast itm (in this metagame) and I'm actually suprised it isn't even reasonably widespread. coverage is great (esp with gliscor nowhere to be seen.) Rock slide for less misses and more flinches/paraflinches (which aren't hard to come by with this team ^_^)

tyranitar gazes into his layfe~aurb when times of doubt besiege him

problems:

nape: I'm restricted to revenging him with
my scarfers, but the other 4/6 of my team die to him
gliscor: without a bulky water I'm pretty open to this dude
zam/offenize starmie: fast special sweepers in general that can dent tar/celebi will always be a problem. Heatran is way less of a threat with perior/scarfmence around
ts: my team hates these things (even though only half are vulnerable, they all just REALLY hate them v__v)
scizor: always fucking annoying even with rotom since i tend to "be crazy" with tran
blissey: without tricking a scarf onto her or booming on her, she's actually really annoying to kill without leech seed ;_;
tar: slightly annoying buti can usually play around it with celebi/perior.
scarfgar: thank god he's NU!!!!

considering roarpert over perior, scarfchamp over scarfmence

HP fire would fit nicely on celebi pver reflect (i dont really see exactly what this accomplishes) and prevent him from switching out the whole time this would really help your scizor weak and would make ttar's sweep alot easier.
Apart from this really cool team i really like unorthodox ideas particularly much love for the tyranitar and the drawings are adorable.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand why you have Scarf on Salamence and Rock Polish on Tyranitar if your team is centered around paralysis. The whole point of paralysis is that you can use slow bulky sweepers and still have them outspeed stuff.

while there seems to be "too much speed" given that I'm twaving everything, the two scarfers are basically "insurance", celebi and rhyperior form the bulk of the team and RPtar acts as a final and potent cleaner. you're right that "centres on paralysis" is kind of misleading as the overall team strategy is simply supported by the paralysis i manage to spread, as opposed to reliant on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)